RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help please

H

hydroxtrem

help please

ok, i installed beta 2 , and the framework, and that uo rice thing, made the un encrypted client too. changed the login cfg thing. and when i dbl click the run uo server, it starts up and then it just repeates "generating status page..........done. and when i try to login with the unencypted client it just stops at verifying account. so um what do i do? ok it got past the generating status page but it still wont do anything

Spooky

Wanderer
Login

Did you change your logon.cfg file to point at the RunUO server's IP?
Did you remember to use the unencripted file that UORice produced or did you still use the default one?
Does the server console report a connection with a hole bunch of junk on the screen?

H

hydroxtrem

this is what my login.cgf looks like
;Loginservers for Ultima Online
;Do not edit this file or patching will fail! Always save a backup.
; login.cfg file for RunUO Server
LoginServer=127.0.0.1,2593

and yes i used they unencrypted file

and no it doesnt say a whole bunch of crap

Etalicus

Sorceror
:evil:
or try UOGateway
http://www.uogateway.com/download.htm
it what i use than you dont seem to have to worry about changing the configyour self
:twisted:

H

hydroxtrem

ok the the beta 4 one, why is there 2 folders exactly the same named kirros client, does it matter which one i extract?

Etalicus

Sorceror
actualy id personal go with uogateway it works for me and im not sure if the Firros is working i just tried it and it didnt but the uogateway worked just fine

H

hydroxtrem

i have no clue how to work the gateway in the first place. I made a server name, and i dont know what to put in for, shard host, or shard port

Etalicus

Sorceror
ok ill walk you threw it
first run the program

when it starts up you see
My servers
Public servers
Settings
Help

click on the setting
scroll down than until you see Update UOG
update it
once its done go back to My severs
towards to the top of the window in blue letters youll see [Custom shard]
click it

youll see general settings
fill in Shard Name (what ever the name of the shard is)
fill in shard host(the ip address)
shard port (the port number)
scroll down to save settings
now under my severs you should see a planet with the name of a shard beside it click on it once should start up the program :)
good luck

H

hydroxtrem

ok thanks for the walkthrough, but i have normal uo that i play and an unencrypted one, that has the edited log and wut not, so i need uo gateway to open the unencrypted one instead of normal uo. because when i load up the server it locks up at connecting

H

hydroxtrem

yes, i know the walkthrough was for uo gate way. but when i click the server i put in my name and pw and it just locks up at connecting, i dont even know how to make my name a pw, im jsut puting in what i want

Etalicus

Sorceror
the only time it did that for when when i tried to change to ports from defalt 2593 than i get the freeze on login what id do is try redownloading runuo and reinstall it maybe you got a bad copy

H

hydroxtrem

Could you possibly get on aim or something and walk me through every step untill i got it up?

Spooky

Wanderer
Logon

If you are opening the UO client from a desktop shortcut its still pointing at the encrypted file.

I have no trouble at all with a UORice modified exe and loging in to a RunUO shard, How are you opening the client desktop shortcut? if so its prob pointing at the encrypted one still from when UO was installed.

Make another shortcut to point at the unencrypted client file, and let us know how you go.

H

hydroxtrem

oh sorry i should have posted this sooner, but Etalicus helped me completly. thanks again