RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make Patches

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Updated: 05/22/2011

So you have your shard built your towns changed new hues added or both, but so far only you can see them..
You must now send each player a copy of your files which can take a while and be a pain.

So next comes making a patch that will be downloaded via ConnectUO each time a player logs onto your shard for the first time.
First you need to find a webhost that allows potentially large files to be hosted, and a large amount of bandwidth to be used. For the most part, you will have to pay for a host, I won't list mine here as the point of this is not to advertise, but you can PM me if interested in it.

So you now have a webhost, next what you need to do is find which files you need to get out to players, if you have changed your map (froze or unfroze areas) then depending on which facet they are on, you'll need all or some of these files:
Code:
Felucca Changes:
statics0.mul
staidx0.mul

Trammel Changes:
statics1.mul
staidx1.mul

Ilshenar Changes:
statics2.mul
staidx2.mul

Malas Changes:
statics3.mul
staidx3.mul

Tokuno Changes:
statics4.mul
staidx4.mul

Ter Mur Changes:
statics5.mul
staidx5.mul

If you have any custom art, gumps, etc..
Here are some additional files you may need to add again only if you edited them!..
Code:
Custom Art:
artidx.mul
art.mul

Custom Gumps:
gumpart.mul
gumpidx.mul

Hue file:
hues.mul

Tile Data:
tiledata.mul

Here is a how to for custom art:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/server-support-windows/55184-custom-artwork-how.html

If you have your own custom maps, Much harder to edit and much larger files!
Here are those:
Code:
Felucca Changes:
map0.mul
mapdif0.mul

Trammel Changes:
map1.mul
mapdif1.mul

Ilshenar Changes:
map2.mul
mapdif2.mul

Malas Changes:
map3.mul
mapdif3.mul

Tokuno Changes:
map4.mul
mapdif4.mul

Ter Mur Changes:
map5.mul
mapdif5.mul

I suggest copying and pasting the files you need to get to other players into one folder temporarily. Archive them into RAR format. Name it something like "patch1.rar".. Then you are ready to upload that rar'ed patch to your webhost. Once that is completed, go to your ConnectUO account page and add the patch link into it..

Thanks go out to Freya for the original thread.

I hope this helps out as well and if you need anything added/updated please let me know.
~Jonathan