RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I m new for RunUO can anyone teach me step by step ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoJo

I m new for RunUO can anyone teach me step by step ^^

Hi, I never use RunUO before can anyone please teach me how to use it?

i have install UO already and already update the newpatch and i got RunUO beta 3 now what should i do next please teach me thanks so much ^^

Etalicus

Sorceror
:evil:
Stupid is a harsh term

maybe lazy more like it there are posts already im sure
on this id suggest looking at old posts
:twisted:

J

JoJo

Because i never use RunUO before thats why i need help.....not becuase i m lazy or what..............

i hope that if you guys know how to setup or install it please can teach me,
now, i have uo installed and update latest patch already and i got RunUO beta 3 whats next step Please help me Thank ..... ^^

Delta

Wanderer
JoJo said:
Because i never use RunUO before thats why i need help.....not becuase i m lazy or what..............

i hope that if you guys know how to setup or install it please can teach me,
now, i have uo installed and update latest patch already and i got RunUO beta 3 whats next step Please help me Thank ..... ^^

OK to translate what they are saying please see this link here

zero

Not Nice
extract it and double click the exe.. if you are on a lan change ServerList.cs

It really doesn't get much easier than they made it =)

The first account to logon will be the administrator account.

J

JoJo

cry I m really newbie to RunUO can you guys please step by step teach me please....

i only have uo and update to new patch and runuo3, what are the other files i need? to start play?

please explain step by steps Thanks so much

A

AlejandroX

All you need to do to RunUO is run it. It's not rocket science. to connect to it use uog from http://www.uogateway.com

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
1. Install Ultima Online and patch to the latest version of Ultima Online.
2. Install UO Gateway ( www.uogateway.com ).
3. Download RunUO Beta 4 - ( www.runuo.com/files/ ).
4. Extract RunUO Beta 4 to c:\runuo
5. Open up explorer and go to the RunUO directory.
6. Double Click on RunUO.exe
7. Minimize the RunUO application.
8. Load UO Gateway ( Start->Programs->UO Gateway->UOGateway ).
9. Go to the My Servers Box.
10. Create a custom server entry by clicking [Custom Shard] (upper right).
11. Set the info as you desire, but make the IP 127.0.0.1 and non-crypt
12. Click Save Settings.
13. Click your newly created entry to launch it.
14. Log in.
15. Have fun.

Appendix A:

1. Download UseUO GM Tool ( www.runuo.com/useuo/ ).
2. Install UseUO GM Tool.
3. Run UseUO GM Tool ( Start->Programs->UseUO->UseUO ).
4. Use UseUO to make your life easier.
5. Post a thank you on the UseUO forums

A

AlejandroX

I'm sure he'll go on to help this community is unnumerable ways... :)

A

Allmight

Sigh

Well, at least Ryan helps in contrast to some other ppl. What is the matter with you guys, most of you also were newbies in this area once, and im sure you were glad for all the help you could get back then.

I don't mean to flame anyone here, but this is starting to get very frequent on theese forums when newbies ask for help. It can be anything from rudeness to "wrong forum, post on the right one" etc. Remember that this emu stuff is very confusing for players that never used them before or lack the technical skills to figure it out themselves. Instead of treating them like they were the plague, help them instead. They may be a future resource for the emu community.

JoJo: No one mentioned that you need to remove the encryption of your client as well to be able to play on the RunUO server. The best program for that is "UO-Rice" which you can find at...

http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e9425109/UO_RICE.htm

Just run that prg and it will create a file called "No_Crypt_Client.exe" that will be located in your UO installation directory. Start the UO-Client with that exe file and you should be ready to go.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

J

JoJo

Thank so much Allmight ^^ i will try my best and i feel very sorry guys keep asking you people newbie questions, but still hope that you people can help me and teach me more Thanks.

Redleer

Wanderer
Re: Sigh

Allmight said:
JoJo: No one mentioned that you need to remove the encryption of your client as well to be able to play on the RunUO server. The best program for that is "UO-Rice" which you can find at...

http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e9425109/UO_RICE.htm

Just run that prg and it will create a file called "No_Crypt_Client.exe" that will be located in your UO installation directory. Start the UO-Client with that exe file and you should be ready to go.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

you can choose do you use encryption or not whit uo gateway....

A

Allmight

JoJo said:
Thank so much Allmight ^^ i will try my best and i feel very sorry guys keep asking you people newbie questions, but still hope that you people can help me and teach me more Thanks.

Thats ok JoJo. Asking other ppl that know how this works already really is the best way to learn. And if you need info on something, sometimes it already has been answered before on the forums, so a tip is to make a search on the different forums to se if it already has been answered. If not feel free to post your questions. I will answer them if i see them, and i hope my fellow forum readers that has the answer will do the same.

Sincerely, Allmight.

Thunder69n

Wanderer
cool to ryan

wow someone(ryan) actually helpd someone new...yea and the others that were saying to do stuff and simple and dissing were not even mentioning the whole thing. :)

Thunder69n

Wanderer
o sorry bout that Delta ... (I just had realy bad luck with getting answers to questions back when Beta 2 was new and I couldn't find them on the forums any were :(

Status
Not open for further replies.