RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea.

M

Malbolger

Idea.

I don't know jack diddly about this C# scripting language, But i did alittle sphere scription and alittle in UOX (Nothing major) .. Anyhow i play DAoC and UO and i like that way that in DAoC you can only progress in certain skills for your class.. Is this able to be done with RunUO? and also how about special instant abilities you could recive at certain skill levels, Like instant heal 25% of life set to a 15-30 minute timer able to be set as a macro.. or set to a certain phrase you could then macro. ( I.E. "Grant me Health") along with other things like Armor Rating Buffs, Poison/paralyse/de-buff purge (incase you forget your trapped pouch's and are outta cure pots and no regs :p) Or even have like a (Berzerk mode) For people that are trained in certain skills that upps there skills by 50% every 20 minutes? so a warrior that was 7x would become a 7x 150% for like 10-15 seconds.. considering that anatomy and other skills were working properly so they would get a damage bonus with them..

But these are just some idea's i have.. almost all thrown off from DAoC but i like the idea of special abilities for charecters with certain requirements.. Also this way you could make your Paladins and Necromancers.. Along with 10's of different classes... instead of everyone being a Dexer/Mage/Theif/Mule

Kiwi

Knight
The main reason I like UO instead of all the other MMORPGs was the lack of a level system and no classes to limit how you customize your character.

Just my opinion though :p

M

Malbolger

:)

Dont look at as a Level system or classes to be restricted to, But as a bonus if you desided you wanted to take up a preset class... Like special things for having x amount of skill in x amount of places... Kinda like the way a poisoner/mage gets a bonus of + to poison level casted, or a
scribe/mage gets + x amount of damage points addd to his shields (RA, MR) and being able to have a cast while being hit though protection, Or how a tamer with vet gets an extra stable slot... i mean the list goes on and on.. i was just suggesting we add a few of our own :) ..

A

AlejandroX

*edited*
I'm not going to be dick. Thunder, watch the bombasticity.

M

Malbolger

Bombasity?

What do you mean by bombasity?

"I hope were not flaming people's idea's already on this board, that would be totally rude"

M

Malbolger

Powergaming?

I always though power gaming was the art of skilling you charecters extra fast.. using "trick" or a way that is not done out of normal play.. How is this a "Power Gaming Wish" ? this would in no way make your skills increase faster...

Spooky

Wanderer
Wish

Power gaming is making a character as powerful as you possibly can to get an advantage in game I beleive that these addons qualify.

I guess its a bit open to interpretation as too what it covers but to me its making a character to be even more powerful (considering that under OSI like play a well played character can kill any monster in the game).

I have seen things like this on shards unbalance the game as new players come onto the shard are unable to compete with the longer term players.

I dont totally disagree that characters should be allowed an extra advantage here and there but they need to be balanced. Like for example an item that gives a character a bonus to resist magic should make them take extra damage in HTH combat to even it up.