RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Scared...

Z

Zaine

I'm Scared...

I am scared of RunUO is it a player run shard? Or a new EMU? I read the FAQ but still didn't really get it. Also Do I NEED to know C to run it...how will it work? Is there a program that I run like UOX?

Thanks

~Zaine~

R

Rainman

I'm amazed you got this far without realizing this is a ultima online server :)

heres a quote on the frontpage:
"Reliable, stable and easy to use... 3 words that do not describe any UO server (or emulator) out there. We are changing that rapidly!
Fast, stable and reliable servers cannot compromise the ease of usability. We have designed our server by putting ourselves in the shoes of our users, thus giving us a new perspective to push forward from. Users are more apt to see problems than developers are, so what looks perfect to us, might not have looked right to users. By designing Run UO from the users perspective we have given ourselves an advantage over most if not all UO Servers and emulators out there"

Kiwi

Knight
It can be considered an emulator (though they don't want it to be called that ;)) or a server.. not really a shard, except for the test shards they put up from time to time

Yes it would be a program to run like UOX, and apparently a very user friendly one

E

Ezuret

You won't need to know C# to run it, but you will need to know C# to script for it. (In other words: No, you don't need to know C#.)

From Download -> First Running of RunUO it'll be nothing like UOX.