RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Search of CentrED Developers.

Enroq

Sorceror
A friend and I are working on developing a RunUO 2.2 Server, and we're looking for help. As it is right now, I am the only one working on the map via CentrED, mainly because I've been uneasy about the idea of other people working on the map. Reluctantly however, with the level of theory we have to match with C# development has become something that is near intimidating in terms of work-load. And yet I still keep adding to it. It is with this that it has become apparent I need to start turning my attentions towards helping with the C# side of the server. Because while my friend is more than capable, it's simply not fair. With that said, I'm looking to form a team of three map developers who are well-experienced with CentrED.

Under few circumstances will anyone without this experience be accepted. However, if you're an experienced world-builder in-game, or using any third party tools such as UO Architect, and you can display this experience, I will be more than willing to help you transition.

I don't want to reveal too much of the project too soon, but I've taken some screen shots that I'm hoping might capture some of what we're about and the direction we're taking.

If you're interested, email me at [email protected] or you can reply here if more convenient.
Waterfall.jpgOasis.jpgSecretCave.jpg

Khaz

Knight
I'll add some more detail for y'all.

We're building a pretty original environment- and mechanics-oriented shard, with "T2A-era-esque" combat and spell mechanics but some really neat add-ons, like player perks, tiered races, new (and improvements to existing) craft systems, and more. It's difficult to explain in words, but we're trying to bring emergent gameplay to Ultima Online. The shard is story-oriented with an emphasis on role-playing, but not strictly enforced and we do plan on offering a sister shard with a less rigid story element.

Enroq and I have both been in the business of running UO shards for a long time, both successful and unsuccessful, so we have awareness of what works and doesn't. We know there is great value in awesome terrain and locations, and that's what we're looking for in the CentrED team. Below are some more locations Enroq's currently built, and we're looking for some unique and talented individuals to complement his effort.

If you're interested in learning more about the shard and what we have planned, reach out with some contact details so we can get to know one another.

Highwire.jpg JinoltianOutskirt.jpg JinoltianWall.jpg MinerGuy.jpg WoodImportersDock.jpg

Enroq

Sorceror
So, things have changed, as they often do, and I do not have the time to do as much world development as I'd like.

This is my solution. This server is not going to be created for money, it is my passion in life. That being said, it costs money and we will be accepting donations. So the deal is this, you can either choose to receive 10% of -possible- donations for the server to come or you can be paid upfront at a rate of $10 an hour for all centrEd development.

Also I can no longer be reached at [email protected] - I forgot my password, you can however get to me at [email protected]