RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lag?

Wolfgar

Wanderer
Lag?

Is it supposed to be so laggy?
When I run the normal client it takes up 100% of cpu usage and I can still do other stuff lag free.
When I run the Krrios client it takes up like 0% cpu usage but lags so bad!
When I run that client and open internet explorer, It stops responding for a while.. When I run past a lot of npcs, I lag real bad.
When I was running in the forest, walked by a gazer, my friend casted ebolt over and over on it and it was casting spells on me, the client froze, and didn't come back untill the thing was dead.

When I edit the macros, how can I use the 123 keys that arn't on the number pad.

EXG:
[code:1]
0 1 0
Use Animal Taming
#####
[/code:1]

That won't work..

And the = and - keys that arn't on the number pad..

EXG:
[code:1]
0 0 0
-
TargetLast
#####
0 0 0
=
TargetSelf
#####
[/code:1]

Anything after them wont work either..

Like if I put that at the top of the page, all the macros under it wont work.

I really like this client, it does so many cool things... Just a few issues that makes me dislike it. :?

Wolfgar

Wanderer
Incase you wanted to know my system specs;

Windows XP,

AMD Athlon XP at 1665MHz
224MB ram (256 but my video card... :rolleyes: )
Some retarded video card that uses 32megs of shared memory (ram)

krrios

Administrator
Yes, there are some performance issues, which I will work to address. Understand, however, most of my time is devoted to RunUO.

As for the macros, the key names used in macros.txt are the same as from the System.Windows.Forms.Keys enumeration. You can find a full list somewhere here: http://www.google.com/search?q=System.Windows.Forms.Keys enumeration

Anyway, number keys must be prefixed with D, so:

D1 = 1 key
D0 = 0 key
D8 = 8 key

And, as per the reference above, the + and - keys are:

OemPlus
and
OemMinus

The numpad + and - keys are:

Add
and
Subtract

-edit- Also, the next release will contain an ingame macro editor, which will eliminate the need to know key names.