RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lucid Nagual's << Advanced Archery >>

Attention:

I have posted instructions so that people can add these scripts without having to delete existing bows. Please follow the instructions closely. Thanks.

LRRH aka LLG

Wanderer
First off *BIG Hug*!!! ;) Awesome script.... A few things I've noticed..... when the arrow dip tub charges reach 0, you can still dip your arrows successfully and if you drag an item that isnt an arrow or bolt over the quiver on your paperdoll, or the quiver itself, whether it be in your bag or on the ground, it will let you put the item inside.
Other than that everything is great, I love this script :p

LRRH aka LLG

First off *BIG Hug*!!! ;) Awesome script.... A few things I've noticed..... when the arrow dip tub charges reach 0, you can still dip your arrows successfully and if you drag an item that isnt an arrow or bolt over the quiver on your paperdoll, or the quiver itself, whether it be in your bag or on the ground, it will let you put the item inside.
Other than that everything is great, I love this script :p
Oh cool. Thanks for reporting the bugs. I will include the fixes in the next update.

Being an archer for ever since I have played UO I've always wanted this so +Karma just for doing it and not having to rewrite every weapon script and armor script known to man. But I do have a few questions. Do you plan to make a Cold Arrow that has maybe a chance to freeze a target and do cold damage the rest of the time? Or an energy baised arrow? Bolt of thunder maybe?

and second, I was looking at the scripts of the arrows and noticed this

return String.Format( Amount == 1 ? "{0} poisonarrow" : "{0} poisonarrows", Amount );

Its the same in all three arrow types all three poison. Does that matter any?

MetallicSomber

Being an archer for ever since I have played UO I've always wanted this so +Karma just for doing it and not having to rewrite every weapon script and armor script known to man. But I do have a few questions. Do you plan to make a Cold Arrow that has maybe a chance to freeze a target and do cold damage the rest of the time? Or an energy baised arrow? Bolt of thunder maybe?
Yes, as a matter of fact I was just working on a freeze arrow. I plan on expanding it and doing bolts for the next release. I had to break away from this to work on other projects. This system is gonna be a part of All Crafts that will be released soon. I wanted to get this out to people though, so no one had to wait around for it.

and second, I was looking at the scripts of the arrows and noticed this

return String.Format( Amount == 1 ? "{0} poisonarrow" : "{0} poisonarrows", Amount );

Its the same in all three arrow types all three poison. Does that matter any?
I just recently fixed that and will include that fix in the new release. Thanks for the input it is greatly appreciated. If you find any other problems let me know :)

amherst

Sorceror
Small Problem with Script (quiver)

First of all, neat script. However...

I noticed that it does NOT allow anything but arrows/bolts to be DROPPED into the quiver GUMP, yet, if you drop any item onto the quiver, it will allow ANY ITEM to be placed in it. This may cause a small "item carry" issue.
Also, I have changed the Item ID to (0X2FB7). It now has the graphic of the elven quiver.

Good Job!

First of all, neat script. However...

I noticed that it does NOT allow anything but arrows/bolts to be DROPPED into the quiver GUMP, yet, if you drop any item onto the quiver, it will allow ANY ITEM to be placed in it. This may cause a small "item carry" issue.
Also, I have changed the Item ID to (0X2FB7). It now has the graphic of the elven quiver.

Good Job!
Oh good. Thanks for the report. There must be a DragOnto method of some sort.

Great System. I seen in another post you were watching ya scripts for errors and i thought i would post one that i got. Maybe ya fixed already but just incase here it is:

- Warning: Scripts\Custom Scripts\Lucid Nagual's Advanced Archery v1.0.1\Ultima
teQuiver.cs: CS0162: (line 91, column 4) Unreachable code detected

And here is the line of code it says the error is in:

Code:
 this.TotalWeight = this.TotalWeight * 70 / 100;

Any info would be hot. Also i always throw in a bugged script to check for warnings so i can code clean. Thank You

xX_Devious_Xx

Great System. I seen in another post you were watching ya scripts for errors and i thought i would post one that i got. Maybe ya fixed already but just incase here it is:

- Warning: Scripts\Custom Scripts\Lucid Nagual's Advanced Archery v1.0.1\Ultima
teQuiver.cs: CS0162: (line 91, column 4) Unreachable code detected

And here is the line of code it says the error is in:

Code:
this.TotalWeight = this.TotalWeight * 70 / 100;​

Any info would be hot. Also i always throw in a bugged script to check for warnings so i can code clean. Thank You
Yes I fixed it. Like I said I have had them myself. The correction will be included in the new update. Thank you for reporting it.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
I loved the idea, and concept of this package, but didn't want all the bows to use all the different arrows. I had a copy of an older Poison Bow & Arrow script around, and I used that for making the basic Bows. Here is also a mobile I have spawned around the forests of my world, that players can kill, and get a random chance of getting one of the new Bow & Arrows from. Enjoy :)

Attachments

• Bows & Stalker.rar
    4.5 KB · Views: 28
SirSly

I loved the idea, and concept of this package, but didn't want all the bows to use all the different arrows. I had a copy of an older Poison Bow & Arrow script around, and I used that for making the basic Bows. Here is also a mobile I have spawned around the forests of my world, that players can kill, and get a random chance of getting one of the new Bow & Arrows from. Enjoy :)
This is part of my addition to All Crafts. The bows use normal arrows most of the time. But the fletcher bod rewards will (not very often) give a tub as a reward. The tub only has 50 uses, so players have to use the arrows wisely. These arrows will be rare.

But thanks for the scripts I will look them over.

Kamron

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
OK I made the BaseArrow.cs which contains the ArrowTypes in it. How would I call it in BaseRanged.cs? I appreciate your advice, thank you.

I am sorry I haven't replied, I have been very busy and I actually forgot about this thread *doh*. Okay well you can call it a multitude of ways. It really depends on how you setup the BaseArrow and ArrowType. If you make BaseArrow an item type, then you can make that your Ammo type. Then when you are checking for Ammo, you would just check normally what type it is, and each BaseArrow type would have a virtual function that does its ability and its damage. So you would actually call it on the arrow. You can then change the arrow type the same way you do now by using an enum. To actually remove the arrow from a quiver or backpack, you would have a function which would take the Enum, and return a Type, and then use ConsumeTotal to remove 1 of that type from anywhere within their backpack or quiver (since I think the quiver is a container itself).

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I was getting ready to implement this onto my shard....then i saw that you said it was going to be updated soon...any idea as to when??

Pyro-Tech

I was getting ready to implement this onto my shard....then i saw that you said it was going to be updated soon...any idea as to when??
Damn your timing is impeccable lol. I woke up an hour ago and decided to pound out the update. Here you are...........(gimme sec)

Attention:

Updated to v[1].0.2!!!
Please look at post #1 for details.

Reminder: Please follow the instructions on post #1 to prevent deletion of existing bows.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
Damn your timing is impeccable lol. I woke up an hour ago and decided to pound out the update. Here you are...........(gimme sec)

hehe....kewl :D

thanks for the update

so what is that all crafts system you had mentioned?? :p