RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mapeditor (World Maker) ML Maps ?

Smakit

Wanderer
Mapeditor (World Maker) ML Maps ?

I had a question... does the mapeditor program WorldMaker work with ML maps? The reason I ask is because I was fiddling with mapgenerator and made a custom map, but it won't show up when I load the map in WorldMaker (it just shows the regular original map).

I checked the paths, and they are all set to the directory where I made my own map (C:\RUNUOMAPS), and I made sure it was the right map (even tried both Fel & Tram to be sure) but it doesn't show my new map. The main reason I wanted to use this is because its ease of use (nice editor, easy to move around in, and can just 'plop' down buildings built with the multieditor).

As a side note, muleditor seems to load the map up fine, but not sure how you go about putting the custom created buildings into it and the like...

Anyone have any info on this that could help me out?

Smakit

Wanderer
Self-Reply =P

Well I haven't been able to mess around with UO for quite some time due to family illness, but I finally got back around to it. I loaded up the Mapeditor with a standard Trammel map (as opposed to the ML larger ones) and it seems to show up fine. So either the program doesn't support ML, or there is some option I am missing or I have an older version. Regardless, that works fine for me. I couldn't find my Samurai expansion last time so I had to use ML, but since I have found it (actually, it was returned to me =P)

So if anyone else happens to have troubles with the mapeditor showing the changed map, it is likely the same problem I had. Just use a normal sized Trammel map and it shows up fine.

Galdar

Sorceror
Try using CED instead, much easier and faster.

also, you cant enter premade buildings into any of the editors. You have to be in your build sever to do that with UOArch or HB13

Smakit

Wanderer
Thx

I'll have to check out the CED and other recommended programs. As for the housing, it does work, though perhaps you misunderstood me or I explained it wrong. (granted this is just for me and a couple buddies messing around, we don't actually plan on running a server)

I used mapgenerator to convert a BMP to the various map files (now using Samurai XP instead of ML). Threw them into the 'server' folder and Samurai folders. Then load up mapeditor -> wfmulti program to create the houses. Export them as multi.mul files, load up the mapeditor -> wfmap program, load up my custom map, and Insert the house and plop it down. Seems to work fine so far, but I've only added one during the short bit of time I had and teleported to it with my admin account to make sure it was there.

Regardless, thanks for the input, and I will definitely have to check out those programs if they are even easier to use =)

Argaroth

Wanderer
can u help me?... I'm trying to make worldmaker work, but my map doesn't show up, neither the houses. Can't make new files too... I click on "NEW" but nothing happens... am I missing something?... My paths are ok by the way.