RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modification...

bzk90

Lord
if you dont know what it is, then dont wory about it, if you dont know what it is you wont be able to safely change or implement the code, basicly the source code is all the behind the scenes stuff that no one had access to except the devs until 1.0

LordHogFred

Knight
How would I get started on altering/looking at the source code. I am a very keen upcoming college student and I wish to get even some basic knowledge of how to use a programs source.

Chz :),

KiltronCa

Wanderer
Question

What .Net Framework is supported by the Runuo1.0.0?? Reason i am asking is cause i have .net Framework 2 from Visual Stuidio 2005 and well if the >net 2 is not supported that means i have to uninstall the .net and put old one back in and that will just suck... Anyways hope i don't need to do that

Thanx KiltronCa

Vindekator

Sorceror
I've tried compiling the source without modifications. I get the EXE put when I execute it I get the following output:

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 38132
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...

and then the message from "Common Language Runtime Debgging Services"

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xa80 (2688), Thread id=0xbb8 (3000).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

I click "CANCEL" and get a message that no debugger was found and press "CANCEL" on that message. I then get the following output continuing on the last console line:

Scripts: Verifying...Error:
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: One or more of the types in the assembly unable to load.
at System.Reflection.Module.GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Server.Core.VerifySerialization(Assembly a)
at Server.Core.VerifySerialization()
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
at server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

I used the latest version of SharpDevelop to compile the source. Although I don't really know much about C#, I am a programmer/dba with 25+ years experience. Hopefully some insights will overcome my natural limitations.

Kamron

Knight
It is fairly difficult to get RunUO to compile with Visual Studio or SharpDevelop unless you do a few modifications and know how to generate the project. Just dumping the files into a new project and hitting build will cause a verification error... why I have no clue.

Vindekator

Sorceror
I saw the previous mention of the .NET level and checked the machine I was working on. It only has 1.1 installed.

For setting the project up in SharpDevelop I started a new console project with then generated a main.cs and an assembly.cs as well as the SharpDevelop indexing and overhead stuff. I set the project options to automatically scan for and load new files and exited SharpDevelop. Since there were main and assembly files in the distribution, I deleted the ones which were generated. I then copied all of the distribution files into the project directory and restarted SharpDevelop. I ran the app through the IDE and since it seemed to work (it was looking for all the scripts that come with the full installation) I then used the compile option. This created the .exe which I copied to the machine on which I am running RunUO. I stopped the original server and started the new one with the aforementioned results.

XxSP1DERxX, just what have I missed in setting this up? As LordHogFred mentioned, some of us could use a few pointers on how to get off and running.

One of the things I want to do is to add some PHP to fit a template I have developed and which could be used within other templates to "augment" (replace) the HTML.

jjarmis

Wanderer
Did you make sure that it got all the scripts inside of the folders? I know that I had to add those all manually. :)

Vindekator

Sorceror
Well.... I didn't do a checklist of ALL the scripts but the automatic search and load new generated a whole lot of files.

Do the regular distribution scripts need to be included in the project directory (but not in the compile)?

jjarmis

Wanderer
There are directories of scripts inside the core source. What I did to add the files was move the directories out of the project dir, then made the directories inside of Sharpdevelop, then moved the files back into the right directories and reloaded the project. This added them to the directories inside the project. If you dont add the directories manually, it wont add them for you.

davidmohara

Sorceror
I'm not familiar with SharpDevelop but with VS2003 what you can do is have it "Show All Files" and then "Include" the folder that you want added. This will recursively add all scripts in that folder and it's sub folders. (If the folder is included already but you're not sure that all the files are, you can first "Exclude" it and then "Include" it to be sure everything was added) Like I said, I don't know SharpDevelop but if they have similar functionality, you make have some success trying this.

Vindekator

Sorceror
I found the answer to my problem.

I'm using SharpDevelop v1.0.3 which I just downloaded a few days ago. In the Project Optiions, Configuration, Debug and Release sections, Runtime/Compiler item for both, there is a Compiler Version selector. It starts on standard. I set it to the highest version it had: v1.1.4322. The result? A working .exe!

Vindekator

Sorceror
As a final follow up....

I noticed another post, "Question for build RunUO" where there was a problem with verification and the requirement that the build name be "Server.exe".

I reset my options to the original defaults and the compile name to "Server.exe" (I had made it "RunUO Server.exe" to be able to know at a glance which one was mine) and recompiled it and lo and behold.... it worked!