RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.NET Framework 3.0

Phantom

Knight
Jeff said:
3.0 is shit, its gonna turn runuo scripts into newb shit. You can use "var" instead of int, string, bool, whatever.

var myInt = 5;
var myString = "shit var sucks balls";

see the problem, whats what.....

actually happy about that change to be honest :)\

Although people won't use it in the correct way
But that will mean less noob questions, more noobs creating content for gimp PVP shards, and easier scripting for the rest of us. Imagine not having to think at all about int, string, bool, blah blah blah.

Its really simple, newbies do NOT SHARE EVER, once a newbie always a newbie.

Phantom... will var replace string, int, bool, enum, etc? or can we still use them and then not HAVE to use var? because me thinks var would be better as a convenient thing to have vs something that is need to learn to use and have it be inconvenient.

-Storm

floppydisc

Sorceror
Doesn't sound like it replaces them ... it just seems to make it more visual basic like ...

Btw. it's interesting you don't like Delphi ... without Delphi, there would most likely be no C# in the form it is today ;) (I think not even Visual Studio would look like it does)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
so basically var it makes it like PHP and other "interpreted" languages...that could be very annoying...
(I see a need for a moderated submissions forum...)