RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New RunUO.com site.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
New RunUO.com site.

We are working very hard to get the site migrated.

The new site offers users a plethora of new toys to play with. We decided to go with a 'portal' so that it was much easier to manage for us. This allows us more time to concentrate on the development of RunUO!

Thanks,

FLuXx()

Sorceror
Ryan said:
We are working very hard to get the site migrated.

The new site offers users a plethora of new toys to play with. We decided to go with a 'portal' so that it was much easier to manage for us. This allows us more time to concentrate on the development of RunUO!

Thanks,

Not that I'm unappreciative of the upgrade however it would have been nice to have somewhere to go to get the downloads.

Phantom

Knight
Well you do sound unappreciative as all you can think about getting is the free scripts that people have posted.

The download system is being worked on. It will take a little awhile as I am sure you don't want it to have bugs.

FLuXx()

Sorceror
Phantom said:
Well you do sound unappreciative as all you can think about getting is the free scripts that people have posted.

The download system is being worked on. It will take a little awhile as I am sure you don't want it to have bugs.
Phantom... Fuck.....You.....

If you think I sound unappreciative that they are working hard about this then you need to pull the cow out of your ass and look at whats going on elsewhere. See the thing is I can't work on my server because the ironic timing of this site being redone was sync with the arrivial of a new computer. And sense I lack a network to transfer files, I have no way of fixing a very annoying bug on my server. All I asked was a mirror for the download is that so fucking unappreciative Phantom? Think about that, really. Your replies to the majority of posts do little good, you tell people shit they can tell right off the bat, and you know when people are talking about some script idea, the only reply I have seen from you has always been something along the lines of "make it yourself."

It seems you despise people with ideas and when they post about them, instead of saying something like "oh hey nice idea, but maybe do this...." you instead want to tell them it won't get done unless by them alone. Seriously, not ALL visitors to this site, are developers, which you seem to think.

Point is Phantom, just take a chill pill because you really have some issues spending your time on this forum only to show off your insensitive and generally crabby attitude. I'm sure others agree with me when I say your attitude doesn't help the community.

Quantos

Lord
Phantom said:

Fluxx, fix your attitude. Phantom gave you an answer. Big hairy deal if it's not the answer YOU wanted. Go get a null modem cable, or a cross over RJ-45, or a cd-burner to transfer the files from one machine to the other. Guess what? You could even put the old HDD into the new PC and copy the files directly. Nobody needs your attitude. Especially in the mix of a new site that has the administrators hopping.

Have some patience and go take a soothing enima.

Thorax

Wanderer
WOW! that is EXACTLY how i feel, to the T. There is nothing more powerfull than a well worded ass kicking.

S

Supremeone

runuo should make a mirror just for you? ARE YOU INSANE!@!!@!#@$#!@$

Phantom

Knight
Everyone knows I speak my fucking mind. Only person I don't do this towards is Ryan or Zippy because I know they would come kick my ass.

Everyone else is fair game to me being open. This isn't the place to have this converstation as this is the Annoucment Forum your welcome to talk to me in a private message.

FLuXx()

Sorceror
Quantos said:
Fluxx, fix your attitude. Phantom gave you an answer. Big hairy deal if it's not the answer YOU wanted. Go get a null modem cable, or a cross over RJ-45, or a cd-burner to transfer the files from one machine to the other. Guess what? You could even put the old HDD into the new PC and copy the files directly. Nobody needs your attitude. Especially in the mix of a new site that has the administrators hopping.

Have some patience and go take a soothing enima.

What the fuck retard. The attitude can be thanked to your little friend phantom.

Now: Phantom, maybe you just need to be shown that I will come kick your ass too. Funny yes? Perhaps at the moment it is.

Also, this method is much more likely to be read than a PM. I highly doubt you would read that.

Quantos

Lord
FLuXx() said:
What the fuck retard. The attitude can be thanked to your little friend phantom.

You could always wash your own mouth out with soap too, but since you seem to talk out of your ass the enima would probably fix both problems to a rather satisfactory extent.

SonnyJim

Wanderer
sad...

new site is a disgrace cant even find the place to download the run uo emulator the old simply way was the best at least it worked, now its so confusing to find anything and dont even know the latest release of emulator and the old way scripts were organized in categories items, mobiles etc now its all in one pile of confusion!!! plz dnt tell me you changed to this new system cause you sold out and sold your soul???

SonnyJim said:
new site is a disgrace cant even find the place to download the run uo emulator the old simply way was the best at least it worked, now its so confusing to find anything and dont even know the latest release of emulator and the old way scripts were organized in categories items, mobiles etc now its all in one pile of confusion!!! plz dnt tell me you changed to this new system cause you sold out and sold your soul???
If you hate it so much then feel free to leave.

I have to agree, the new site looks fantastic. And for all the whiners...GET A LIFE...

For one, this site is here FREE for you to enjoy...you don't own it, so IMHO you don't get a say in whether it should be changed or not.

Two...Ryan and the team have already said having this site makes it easier on them...which means more time to develop RunUO...which you get to take and use for FREE.

Three...who cares if the downloads are down for a little bit...shit happens...would you rather the whole site be down forever and you can never get another update again? If you want a download site that's up 24/7, write your own scripts and set up PWS on your computer...otherwise just give them time.

Four...apparently you've never developed a website...you don't take something new and just drop it in and have EVERYTHING you used ot have just convert itself and start working. Developing and testing a website takes time...

As for the layout...It took me a little bit to adjust to the change, but kudos to the team, I love the new layout, it's easier to use, and looks better.

Drakhan

Sorceror
I really enjoy this new site also. Very well done.
The layout is great :D

I agree Fluxx has an attitude problem but seriously if Phantom didnt act like such a bitter old lady 24/7 many of those flamewars could have been avoided.

psz

Administrator
Drakhan said:
I really enjoy this new site also. Very well done.
The layout is great :D

I agree Fluxx has an attitude problem but seriously if Phantom didnt act like such a bitter old lady 24/7 many of those flamewars could have been avoided.

If people would bother reading FAQs, Stickies, and use the search feature, Phantom wouldn't have a problem... But people tend to forget/overlook/ignore that fact...

isildil

Wanderer
psz said:
If people would bother reading FAQs, Stickies, and use the search feature, Phantom wouldn't have a problem... But people tend to forget/overlook/ignore that fact...

Hum, actually, they are just lazy ;) They want everything right now without any effort (Searching with google or searching with the search thingy on this forum IS WAY TO HARD for them... Do you realize how much calories they might lose if they pressed all these key to find by themselve the answer ;)

We should send them some cards with writed on it in big friendly red letters :: DON'T PANIC, RTFM

:)