RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to RunUO, and one quick question?

danbrooks2k

Wanderer
New to RunUO, and one quick question?

Hello everyone,

I am new to run UO and I just thought I would introduce myself and ask a quick question.

I hate OSI, I played UO since january of 1998 and about 6 months ago really just got sick of the whole mess. I literally just let 3 really god like accounts with a castle on LS and millions of gold just decay. I was so sick to my stomach with the whole mess that I couldnt even bear to login long enough to take a good inventory for ebay... and leaving was easier by not attempting to sell the accounts off.

I once attempted my own shard with sphere a few years back ( when pub 16 pissed me off I think ) but never really got it going.

Now I just want to play UO solo, build some neat structures, wander around and just pass in the evening....

I dont need to make it accesable to anyone besides me from my computer, what is the best way to go about this, is Run UO the best emu for this? I would like to populate the bank with NPC character dressed like trammies and spamming, you know just for kicks. I just dont need to make it availiable to anyone else just stand alone...

Can anyone help me out a tad?

Thanks, Dan

BTW I may eventually open a shard but I want to run it like a Dungeon Master, I enjoyed old D&D style adventures and I think a private shard would be neat to use to recreate the old modules like keep on the borderlands and horror on the hill...

RunUO is the best emu for, well, pretty much everything UO-like.

As for your army of banksitters, just take a look at the AI scripts and write one that does what you want, then just create a mobile that uses it.

danbrooks2k

Wanderer
will it be easier to set up runuo if I am not connecting to the web with it, what I am asking is what shortcuts I can take, anything I dont need to install?

dean968

Wanderer
literally just let 3 really god like accounts with a castle on LS and millions of gold just decay. I was so sick to my stomach with the whole mess that I couldnt even bear to login long enough to take a good inventory for ebay..

if this is true pm me the info ill sell it and split the cash with u :D

danbrooks2k

Wanderer
Ya frikkin Vultues... blah... actually the last account was a roach mage named Shinji with 120 mage med eval wrestle resist oh yeah and gm poisoning... and a castle and staff of the magi, arcane sheild, hat of the magi arcane gem, a legendary bard with armor of fortune named troublemaker, a nox fencer necro named Bad Mojo with the serpents fang, and my palidan warchild that carried blade of insanity, aegis, knights breast plate, leggings of bane, gauntlets of nobility, and the black bear headdress, and voice of the fallen king.... oh yeah and a 120 smith/tailor with a valorite hammer with a few charges left and a few runic kits

All of it gained thru lots of boring pvm, some very fun but frustrating pvp, trading, buying and selling... and years of time invested...

If I would have sold an account like that when AOS was still fun before it got all messed up I would have made a bundle, but it makes me feel good knowing that it will all eventually decay...

I did the same thing with my old account on Atlantic.

I didn't have a castle but I had a nice villa in Tram, near Trinsic. My vendor made a bundle. I had powerful mage and a few throw away dexers. But I stopped playing shortly after LBR so it has been awhile. I just logged off one day and never logged back in.

Anyway the best thing for you to do is

1) Download Microsoft's .NET framework

2) Downlaod the latest RunUO Server

3) Install Microsoft's .NET framework

4) Install (really just extract not really an install) RunUO sever

5) Double click on your RunUO sever exe file and let it run.

6) Log in using UOGateway (go to UOGateway.com for more info on UOGateway) and log into your game.

After you have everything downloaded it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to get yourself logged into your own game. Because you are not having anyone else log into it, it won't matter if your behind a router or not.

Abaddon Knight

Khaybel

Sorceror
if your into level design for uo pm me, aka architecture etc, :) otherwise as for runuo, it's the best emu hands down.