RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old RunUO 2.0 Final

Hello guys, it's been a while.

I recently found my old server backup and me and some friends wanted to log in and check it out, maybe get it back running. It's a RunUo 2.0 Final with a modified core to run on Vista. Now, i'm running Windows 8. When i try to log in it. even with localhost, the server sees me log in but i get auto disconnected.

I have never been a hard coder, and it's been a very long time since i touched this.

Can anyone help me get this running again? Any ideas?

I notice the latest 2.2 version is too different and i'd really like to revisit this.

Thanks so much!

pooka01

Sorceror
1) Check SocketOptions, if the new IPEndPoint( IPAddress.Any, 2593 ), is 2593, and if you try to get the 2593 port by connecting.
2) check datapath.cs to see if it leads to the client files.
3) check ClientVerification.cs if it says: private static OldClientResponse m_OldClientResponse = OldClientResponse.Ignore;, if it's not try setting it to Ignore.
4) If it stills fails, post the stuffs you get when connecting. (the console outputs*)

1) Check SocketOptions, if the new IPEndPoint( IPAddress.Any, 2593 ), is 2593, and if you try to get the 2593 port by connecting.
2) check datapath.cs to see if it leads to the client files.
3) check ClientVerification.cs if it says: private static OldClientResponse m_OldClientResponse = OldClientResponse.Ignore;, if it's not try setting it to Ignore.
4) If it stills fails, post the stuffs you get when connecting. (the console outputs*)

Thank you so much for the speed on response, Pooka!

1 - I don't have anything that looks like that, maybe that's on a newer version? I do have something about the port, but it's like this:

public static void Initialize()
{
Listener.Port = 2593;

EventSink.ServerList += new ServerListEventHandler( EventSink_ServerList );
}

2 - This one seems to be fine, i do get the imput of where are my UO files when starting the server.
3 - In this file i have the following line, which seems to cover this: ClientVersion.Required = null; Nothing like the one you sent me...

So, when i try to log in using my IP, which is on the serverlist, nothing happens, not even log in try apears on the client (images 1 and 2).

When i try with localhost, i get to the server choice screen with the server name (image 3 and 4).

I installed the latest RunUO and i was able to log in with localhost, when trying with the IP, same thing, as if nothing was trying to connect. On windows firewall i set runuo to be open.

Thanks Pooka!

Attachments

• 1.png
    285.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.png
    284.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.png
    263.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.png
    228.1 KB · Views: 4

pooka01

Sorceror
are you using 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.#.# or your external ip to connect?

didn't see the pics xD
tried a lower client?

Hey Pooka,

Tried using the 5.0.9. Before I was using the 6.0.13. I remember i used one of these back then...

Same thing. :(

Any ideas? I think that the modified core made to work with vista due it's server protocols might be the problem... i dunno. Any idea if there's a runuo 2.0 final core that was edited to work with windows 8 laying around? hehehe.

also tried the 7.0.35.1 client... same effects. I think it's something on the server/windows8

pooka01

Sorceror
Well, connecting with a 7.0 client on a non-SA supported core could create some issues, but i use runuo 2.0 RC1 with the client 6.0.2.0 so i couldn't know more about that sorry :(

pooka01

Sorceror
I also use windows 7 :/
Have you tried running UO and/or the server on the compatibility mode for windows 7?