RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orc Scout, Orc Chopper and Orc Bow

jaynigs

Wanderer
Orc Scout, Orc Chopper and Orc Bow

Summary:
Orc Scout, Orc Chopper and orc bow.

Description:
Orc scout that teleports away and hides, bandages himself, moves using stealth and reappears and instantly attacks an approaching player if hes regained his health ( from healing himself whilst still hidden.)

Players will hear footsteps when they approach a hidden orc scout. The footsteps grow louder the closer you are..

Orc chopper uses whirlwind attack and has been scripted to carry an evil orc helm.
I have made an Evil Orc helm but i havent added it since it is not been finished -
(will do it when i get time), the one i made increases str but reduces int and dex when it should be only the highest of the 2..

I cannot take the credit for the orc bow, although it wouldnt have been hard to script, i simply added repond.

Installation:
Drop into scripts folder

Update: Bug found when orc scout is poisoned.. fix is on the bottom of this page, and also in this thread is an update that makes the scout reveal hidden players - as per osi

Attachments

• Orcs.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 524

psz

Administrator
Is everyone and their grandmother releasing this lately? :confused:

In the last two days there've been three scouts and two choppers released here and in the Subscriber section :eek:

jaynigs

Wanderer
Hmm , i wasnt aware that anyone had scripted this.. since i dont have access to subscriber forum. But i did a search on orc scout and couldnt find one. :eek:

ive been after one for ages, couldnt find it so i scripted it.

id be interested to see the other scripts...

jaynigs

Wanderer
Not my version... lol, i scripted this.. can u link me to the one that already exists?

EDIT.. Just seen one mebane was working on but the scout does not stealth, or use bandages. it cheats with auto heal. Plus his scout wont ambush you from hidden when its at full health... nor do you hear footsteps of the scout when u get near him when hes hidden.. AND his still attacks when your wearin an orc mask

Now tell me this is an old script

:)

cward

Wanderer
I've never seen a correctly working Scout before either. This one is not exactly OSI correct, but it works. I released the ones in subscribers, but still lacking a lot of infor on the orc bow to make it OSI correct.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Yeah i agree, i tried making this scout work as much like osi as possible in its actions. The only feature he is missing ( according to the old info on stratics ) is that hes meant to reveal hidden players near him.

The orc scout bow from memory on osi was repond, although i had one pre aos it never actually showed repond on the bow. Also im thinking of making a fake orc bow which crumbles when you try to pick it up. Then can make the loot spawn either the real bow or the broken one.

cward

Wanderer
The reveal hidden is pretty simple, detect mobiles in range and set the mobiles Hidden = false; Make sure to check access level so they don't reveal staff. I'm not sure, but does anyone know if the bow needs repaired before use?

Horde_Pil

Wanderer
hey

can you give me more details about this bag thing that carries the bow plus any hue or name to it? also give me the name of the tool used to repair the bow and anything else the tool can be used on and what it does? i would love to finish this script for my server

jaynigs

Wanderer
Hmm, i know the juka bow needs a gm bowyer and gears to modify.

Was it the same with the orc bow?

Horde - what bag are we talking about?

Vidi

Page
The Orc Bow needed no repairing or any other crafting to be used.

They came as is in the loot for orc scouts.

warduke

Wanderer
Poisoned Orc Scout Crashes Server

Has anyone else noticed when you cast poison or use the poison ability on this orc scout it crashes the server.. Here is the crash log..

Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 5/30/2004 7:23:33 PM
Mobiles: 3162
Items: 96200
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 209.76.222.143: (account = GMAdam) (mobile = 0x16 'Jah')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Mobiles.OrcScout.OnDamage(Int32 amount, Mobile m, Boolean willKill)
at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Boolean keepAlive)
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy)
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy)
at Server.PoisonTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Other than that he seems to work great. I added archery skill and uped his vet. Then I also made orc bow drop 1-10 instead of every time.. No idea how to fix the poison bug any help?

jaynigs

Wanderer
This will stop the crash

replace

Code:
public override void OnDamage( int amount, Mobile m, bool willKill )
	     {
                   if ( m.Hits < ( m.HitsMax - 10) && m_Bandage == false && m.Hidden == false )

with

Code:
public override void OnDamage( int amount, Mobile m, bool willKill )
	     {
                   if ( this.Hits < ( this.HitsMax - 10) && m_Bandage == false && this.Hidden == false )[

Just noticed that he doesnt reveal on being poisoned. ill post a fix for that later

Sorry for the shard crash...

jaynigs

Wanderer
Poison fix

Code:
 public override void OnThink()
	     {
                   if ( !m_HasTeleportedAway && Hits < (HitsMax / 2) [B]&& Poisoned == false )[/B]

jaynigs

Wanderer
Code:
public override void OnThink()
{            

[B]foreach ( Mobile n in this.GetMobilesInRange( 5 ) )
                           {  
                                 if ( n is PlayerMobile && n.AccessLevel==AccessLevel.Player )
                                 {
                                      n.Hidden = false;
                                 }
                           }[/B]

if ( !m_HasTeleportedAway && Hits < (HitsMax / 2) && Poisoned == false )

add the code in bold to the orc scout for him to reveal hidden players.