RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OSI Style Treasure Hunting

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
Dreamseeker thanks for the info :) Ill look into it. My custom map replaces Tram and Fel and retain those rule sets for each, BUT, I think you gave me another idea :) anyway Im going to go back and see if this works on an older client. I have tried MANY things but can't get this to work and I know it use to. so im starting to think it could be that it wont work on a newer client version. again thanks for the input.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Hey all, I've added a slight modification to the Cold Drake and Frost Dragon scripts.. just making their hit area cold attack more frequent (from 1/10 to 1/5) Makes them alot more challenging as they come after you with a vengence when it hits. I'll post the seperate scripts here until I make a new .rar update.

Attachments

• FrostDragon.cs
    3.9 KB · Views: 6
  • ColdDrake.cs
    4 KB · Views: 6

KISOR

Sorceror
Do you care to post your 3 Tasty Treats scripts mine seem to bugged and not delete after use.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Do you care to post your 3 Tasty Treats scripts mine seem to bugged and not delete after use.
I've just looked at my Treat scripts, seems the same with mine.. the cooldown timer and all the variables are on the Treat item, and there is no delete() part. Whoever made the script meant it to be re-useable :confused: I'm pretty sure that's not the case with OSI treats.
Might be best to remove them from the Treasure.. haven't tested yet but it appears the effects could be stackable with each seperate treat..

I'm very hungover today, not sure I can edit anything.. all the code is spinning slightly :oops:

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Hey all, Hope you had a merry Christmas :)

I've just updated the .rar on page 1

===================== RECENT UPDATES =============================
29/12/12
--------
* - A Random Item will now Disintergrate into a pile of dust on a failed lockpicking attempt >:D

* - Removed Tasty Treats from Chest Loot (Treat script is odd)
================================================================

Thx for the feedback folks :D Keep it coming!

RandomlyEpic

Wanderer
Just now trying to implement this THunting system into my shard that I am making. I am still very new to this so the answer may be a pretty simple one but when I try to compile I get the following message.

Errors:
+ Items/Containers/TreasureMapChest.cs:
CS0234: Line 9: The type or namespace name 'BaseReward' does not exist in th
e namespace 'Server.Engines.Quests' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Any ideas? That is the one and only error I get.

RandomlyEpic

Wanderer
Just to make sure I am putting this in the /Scripts/Containers/ folder?

Well I just for grins put it in there because I didnt find another one of those files in the RunUO folder. I am now getting this error:

Errors:
+ Items/Containers/BaseReward.cs:
CS0246: Line 12: The type or namespace name 'BaseQuest' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: Line 14: The type or namespace name 'BaseQuest' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Just figured out why the Server.Engines.Quest.BaseReward; is in the script - I had Tasty Treats dropping in the chest.. I took them out last update anyways, so the line's not needed :rolleyes:

RandomlyEpic

Wanderer
Okay cool I have put the updated TreasureMapChest file into there and overwrote it with the one you gave me (I havent done much but I do have a backup dont worry)
But where you stated above that you removed using Reward = Server.Engines.Quests.BaseReward.
Where and what did you remove this from?

Edit: Posted this right after you replied. I took that file you posted and replaced my old one. Once I did that and rebooted still getting what seems to be the exact same error. Was there something else I was supposed to change?

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
After getting some sleep, I took another look to see what the problem was..

I forgot to mention on the Title that you need ML + SA for the Imbuing ingredients and lots of other stuff :oops: the BaseReward.cs is part of ML

I'll sort out a modified version for you, hopefully it won't take long (Won't have the extra loots, but i'll be able to add the random map locations) I've gotta rip loads of bits out to get it running on base 2.2

Check back later on this evening..

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
Uploaded a RunUO 2.2 version for users without ML + SA

You can find it next to the ML + SA version :cool: Let me know if you come across any problems

RandomlyEpic

Wanderer
Okay I will check that out but one thing I will mention and maybe this will get me pointed more in the right direction. I would like to have the most updated OSI stuff possible and then change it from there. I installed the normal client first but I was having issues with the way things download now.

What seems to happen now with this new patcher they have, when you download the normal client it will install a very small version of the game and then when you run it. It will patch at the same time that it is installing the core game files. Making it so that a) you cant stop patching when you choose bc it just closes the game, and b) you cant skip it all together bc it installs game files.

Like I think I mentioned above I am using a version of the client that I believe is supposed to be based on AOS ( when i launch the server it says restricting client to 6.0.1.10. Not sure of another way around this but I would LOVE to be able to have more content available to me then I do now. If by chance I could speak with someone outside the forums to possible look for a most updated copy of the client?

RandomlyEpic

Wanderer
Alright I went ahead and downloaded the files you mentioned that did not have the ML + SA with it. Installed and overwrote the files that I had on top of the original ones that I put in and its now throwing flags about the new monsters that you made:

Code:
Errors:

+ Customs/Nerun's Distro/ML/Mobiles/Changeling.cs:

CS0101: Line 15: The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' already contains a definitio

n for 'Changeling'

CS0102: Line 269: The type 'Server.Mobiles.Changeling' already contains a de

finition for 'ClonedItem'

+ Customs/New Mobiles/ColdDrake.cs:

CS0101: Line 9: The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition

for 'ColdDrake'

+ Customs/New Mobiles/FrostDragon.cs:

CS0101: Line 9: The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition

for 'FrostDragon'

+ Customs/New Mobiles/RenegadeChangeling.cs:

n for 'RenegadeChangeling'

CS0102: Line 299: The type 'Server.Mobiles.RenegadeChangeling' already conta

ins a definition for 'ClonedItem'

I eargly await your response bc once I get this one working it will be my first successful custom script insall ever! My Nerun was a preinstalled pkg that I just had to export and run so I wont take credit there. ;)

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
You've got the Changling mobile already it seems (delete the one I put in 'Mobiles'). The other errors mean you've got a duplicate of the New Mobiles, proberbly from the previous ML/SA .rar (FrostDragon.cs, ColdDrake.cs & RenegadeChangling.cs)

Delete the 'Custom/New Mobiles' folder and you should be fine (The folder is called 'Mobiles' in the RunUO 2.2 version instead of 'New Mobiles')

I tested the new version with the base RunUO 2.2, should work ok after removing the duplicate mobiles (I hope)

RandomlyEpic

Wanderer
Ahh the 2 different versions that you made like you said had 2 different folders for Mobiles. Once I deleted one of the mobiles folder. Shazam! Now I am going to get on and spawn a cpl treasure maps and see how they act!

Also do you have any idea how I can get my client version above the one that I am on now?

Also thanks so much for your help with all this.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
do you have any idea how I can get my client version above the one that I am on now?
I'm not too sure where I got my Stygian Abyss from.. might be worth doing a search on Google or here in the Custom script forum. If you get too desperate I can always sling you the one I've got .. I had modify a load of stuff to get it right, but was fun setting it up ;)

Hope the Treasure hunting is going well :cool: Enjoy

RandomlyEpic

Wanderer
Okay I have to add some more onto this post because I guess I was launching another backup copy of the server that I had not put the scripts into yet. When I have everything in there as normal I get the message that I listed above and here:

Code:
Errors:
+ Customs/Nerun's Distro/ML/Mobiles/Changeling.cs:
n for 'Changeling'
    CS0102: Line 269: The type 'Server.Mobiles.Changeling' already contains a de
finition for 'ClonedItem'

When I attempt to just take out the Changeling file from your addon and use just the one that came with NeRuns distro then I get these errors:

Code:
Warnings:
+ Customs/Items/SkeletonKey.cs:
    CS1717: Line 218: Assignment made to same variable; did you mean to assign s
omething else?
+ Items/Misc/AdvertiseVendor.cs:
    CS0168: Line 134: The variable 'online' is declared but never used
+ Items/Skill Items/Thief/LockPick.cs:
    CS1717: Line 191: Assignment made to same variable; did you mean to assign s
omething else?
Errors:
+ Items/Containers/TreasureMapChest.cs:
    CS1501: Line 185: No overload for method 'RandomArmorOrShieldOrWeaponOrJewel
ry' takes 2 arguments
    CS1501: Line 187: No overload for method 'RandomArmorOrShieldOrWeapon' takes
2 arguments
    CS0246: Line 300: The type or namespace name 'EssencePrecision' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 302: The type or namespace name 'EssencePrecision' could not be
    CS0246: Line 303: The type or namespace name 'EssenceAchievement' could not
be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 304: The type or namespace name 'EssenceBalance' could not be f
ound (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 305: The type or namespace name 'EssenceControl' could not be f
    CS0246: Line 306: The type or namespace name 'EssenceDiligence' could not be
    CS0246: Line 307: The type or namespace name 'EssenceDirection' could not be
    CS0246: Line 308: The type or namespace name 'EssenceFeeling' could not be f
    CS0246: Line 309: The type or namespace name 'EssenceOrder' could not be fou
nd (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 310: The type or namespace name 'EssencePassion' could not be f
    CS0246: Line 311: The type or namespace name 'EssencePersistence' could not
    CS0246: Line 312: The type or namespace name 'EssenceSingularity' could not
    CS0246: Line 313: The type or namespace name 'AbyssalCloth' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 318: The type or namespace name 'EssencePrecision' could not be
    CS0246: Line 320: The type or namespace name 'EssencePrecision' could not be
    CS0246: Line 321: The type or namespace name 'EssenceAchievement' could not
    CS0246: Line 322: The type or namespace name 'EssenceBalance' could not be f
    CS0246: Line 323: The type or namespace name 'EssenceControl' could not be f
    CS0246: Line 324: The type or namespace name 'EssenceDiligence' could not be
    CS0246: Line 325: The type or namespace name 'EssenceDirection' could not be
    CS0246: Line 326: The type or namespace name 'EssenceFeeling' could not be f
    CS0246: Line 327: The type or namespace name 'EssenceOrder' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 328: The type or namespace name 'EssencePassion' could not be f
    CS0246: Line 329: The type or namespace name 'EssencePersistence' could not
    CS0246: Line 330: The type or namespace name 'EssenceSingularity' could not
    CS0246: Line 331: The type or namespace name 'AbyssalCloth' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 332: The type or namespace name 'ArcanicRuneStone' could not be
    CS0246: Line 333: The type or namespace name 'BottleIchor' could not be foun
d (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 334: The type or namespace name 'ChagaMushroom' could not be fo
und (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 335: The type or namespace name 'CrushedGlass' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 336: The type or namespace name 'CrystalShards' could not be fo
und (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 337: The type or namespace name 'CrystallineBlackrock' could no
t be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 338: The type or namespace name 'DaemonClaw' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 339: The type or namespace name 'ElvenFletchings' could not be
    CS0246: Line 340: The type or namespace name 'FaeryDust' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 341: The type or namespace name 'GoblinBlood' could not be foun
    CS0246: Line 342: The type or namespace name 'LavaSerpenCrust' could not be
    CS0246: Line 343: The type or namespace name 'PowderedIron' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 344: The type or namespace name 'RaptorTeeth' could not be foun
    CS0246: Line 345: The type or namespace name 'ReflectiveWolfEye' could not b
e found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 346: The type or namespace name 'SeedRenewal' could not be foun
    CS0246: Line 347: The type or namespace name 'SilverSerpentVenom' could not
    CS0246: Line 348: The type or namespace name 'SilverSnakeSkin' could not be
    CS0246: Line 349: The type or namespace name 'SlithTongue' could not be foun
    CS0246: Line 350: The type or namespace name 'SpiderCarapace' could not be f
    CS0246: Line 351: The type or namespace name 'UndyingFlesh' could not be fou
    CS0246: Line 352: The type or namespace name 'VialVitirol' could not be foun
    CS0246: Line 353: The type or namespace name 'VoidOrb' could not be found (a
re you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 355: The type or namespace name 'DelicateScales' could not be f

Any ideas on what to change or comment out or.......

Whenever you can I would love to get your copy of SA that is all ready to go. I just dont think there is a way to get a copy of it anymore because of how they do their patching now. Unless you find something that is all ready to go like we are speaking about but I have yet to see anything like that.

Dreamseeker

Sorceror
My fault.. The TreasureMapChest.cs I put in the new .rar file seems to got mixed up with the SA version :oops: Duhhhhhh! Sorry George!

I'll update the .rar file now with the right TreasureMapChest.cs .. and post it here so you can grab it easy without downloading the .rar again.

Attachments

• TreasureMapChest.cs
    24 KB · Views: 21

RandomlyEpic

Wanderer
Cool i will give that a try. When you can I would love to work something out with you to get a newer client bc I would love to be able to use the imbuing stuff.