RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outages and pain oh my...

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Outages and pain oh my...

So... you've all seen that we were down for a while ;) (ALL OF OUR SITES).

The RunUO Network has been the subject of some major Distributed Denial of Service attacks as of late. These attacks are huge, and are fully saturating our datacenter we are in.

We have taken steps to eliminate the problems but it will take a while for everything to stop (if it ever does).

In the mean time if you cannot access one of our shards, any of our websites you should take it for granted that it's a DDoS attack.

Tomahawk

Wanderer
RunUO has grown.. doing a DNOS attack on it will give the hacker(s) something to say they've done becuase it was a challenge. All big websites get these and RunUO is just growing up and has yet got more to come. If any of you can remember the same thing happened to Yahoo! back in 1997 and AT&T which completey crashed and ruined their business for 3 days.

All I can say is, Well done for resisting it well...

HellRazor

Knight
It's a shame there are people who feel a need to do this type of thing. Anyway, its great to see you back online, you've been missed!

Memnoch

Wanderer
Any idiot can stage an attack like this, it really doesnt take alot of skill. If they had skill they'd hack into the website and change the graphics to sphere or whatever. Ryan said he talked to 1 of the idiots, so you have to have some idea where he is, and possibly where to send a govt attack team. If outside the us can i order an air strike?

zeroed

Wanderer
if they are sending ddos attacks them some one has their ip address...i think you should post it up ryan and see if any one wants to take care of them for you...

Courageous

Wanderer
zeroed said:
if they are sending ddos attacks them some one has their ip address...i think you should post it up ryan and see if any one wants to take care of them for you...

Most DDOS's are conducted from Zombies.

C//

Viago

Knight
you know, hackers tend to do the opisit in what they intended to do unwittingly. Like the DDos attacks, everytime somone mentiond it they mentiond Runuo. so thats Free advertisement! And since runuo is a suppioror (in my opinion) uo server. it is to be expected to have people atempt to do things like they are. People who have an iq above one (in which i bairly meet :rolleyes: ) will relize that if a compedator stoops to this kinda childish level, that then thier software can not be trusted.

atleast thats what i conclude with the limited knowladge of the subject matter......and im biased so if need be ill take a bullet for runuo!

I Fart in your general direction! You DDoS'er pig dog!

Courageous

Wanderer
Yes, the whole thing is like an infantile temper tantrum.

I haven't been using RunUO long. Here's why I picked it. The community is stronger, has more stuff. The community has voted with its feet. No amount of childish banging your fists on the ground is going to change it.

Meanwhile, I hope these DDOS'ers are aware that a 10 year stay in prison is the sentence for their crime in the united states.

All over a computer game!

How stupid.

C//

Admin God

Wanderer
Sad. Sad that they find the need to do this and sad because it just delays a release even more by consumeing valuable time. :(

well its like everyone said they are trying to say well i sent a ddos attack wow im so LEET that i can do that when in reality the only thing they accomplish is being someones man servent in jail ( dont wanna use curses)

and i respect and admire RunUO team even more that they aint handed in the towel takes guts and guts you guys have and all this talk about air strikes and stuff lol no matter how id like to see it happen still

1. i dont think it will
2. no one really deserves to die unless they commited a murder themselfs
3. it prolly wont be on the news thus i wont see it and be unhappy and cry

Puzzle - Solution

Honestly, the person/team w/e u want to call it.. Is obviously unexperianced and is showing a sign of jealousy. I mean really, what else could it be? However when a DDoS i setup by the "Attacker" and sent to the handler with the what is known as "zombies" to target ( in this case runuo database? ) it does nothing but smart filter a packet and cause a crash. Really? what does this show/prove? Absolutely nothing, so i don't see any reason why we shouldn't defend in the way they were hit? If not legaly have it done, however Cs3 Inc. Will do NOTHING wich is not what they promised to keep away.

Basicly my point is, someone obviously has a grudge against RunUO and just think back to all who gave the slightest hint of a attack, or actual threats.. Put the peice's together.. Seriously, there is thousands of people willing to backup RunUO and help. I think that team beats a jealous person.

Hope i made sence and didn't confuse anyone, i tend to be impossible to understand at times.

I'm with RunUO all the way. More power to you Ryan!

(ALL My OPINION SORTA)

Viago

Knight
there is a way that you can make your server send back the same data it recived, like it bouncing back. but my knowladge is limited to that, lol was thingkign when runuo starts to get ddos'ed make them ddos them selfs lol

Viago said:
there is a way that you can make your server send back the same data it recived, like it bouncing back. but my knowladge is limited to that, lol was thingkign when runuo starts to get ddos'ed make them ddos them selfs lol

Very true, countering attacks are as easy as opening up a game of solitare. (Atleast from what i hear) However my knowledge is also limited. It just simply angers me to see a hero be attacked.

Rabban

Sorceror
Tomahawk said:
RunUO has grown.. doing a DNOS attack on it will give the hacker(s) something to say they've done becuase it was a challenge. All big websites get these and RunUO is just growing up and has yet got more to come. If any of you can remember the same thing happened to Yahoo! back in 1997 and AT&T which completey crashed and ruined their business for 3 days.

All I can say is, Well done for resisting it well...

Yeah but Yahoo and AT&T are businesses making money. RunUO is just a community that doesn't have a budget that covers attacks all the time.