RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outages and pain oh my...

I just cannot see the logic behind pulling one of these "attacks" because it only puts a site down for a few days and unless they are in dire need of the site or losing an assload of money because of it then I just see no reason to waste time doing something like that. Even if you could actually damage some company through financial lose because you took thier site down for a few days what is the point? What really gets me is the people who will down a site they actually use where does that make sense?

Jarrod

Sorceror
If someone wants to brag, the proper way to put someones site offline is to physically show up at the companies site, force your way into the IT department and kick the servers into submission.

challenge: 10
style: 10
coolness factor: 10 (if you pull it off) / 0 (if you get pwned in the process) / -5 (if the server falls on you)
chance for bodily harm: 10

course, you would REALLY have to hate someone to go to those lengths...

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Jarrod said:
If someone wants to brag, the proper way to put someones site offline is to physically show up at the companies site, force your way into the IT department and kick the servers into submission.

challenge: 10
style: 10
coolness factor: 10 (if you pull it off) / 0 (if you get pwned in the process) / -5 (if the server falls on you)
chance for bodily harm: 10

course, you would REALLY have to hate someone to go to those lengths...

It's the server toss!