RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PublicMoongate.cs THE STRING VERSION NOT CLILOC's [SVN 400 - FINAL]

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
PublicMoongate.cs THE STRING VERSION NOT CLILOC's [SVN 400 - FINAL]

This is a string version of the PublicMoongate.CS from SVN 400 - FINAL.

It gets asked for so many times, hopefully SEARCH (Hint hint) will find this ;)

REMEMBER TO BACKUP OR RENAME YOUR ORIGINAL VERSION !!!

Attachments

• PublicMoongate.cs
    17.6 KB · Views: 150

Vorspire

Knight
Good job!

Couple of questions;

Why did people request a string-version of this script instead of anotating the cliloc numbers with comments for their representation?

Did you write this to ensure that the messages are clear and prevent the fact that clilocs may change as new versions of UO are released?

The point of clilocs are to support multiple languages, it may be a good idea to release additional language support for this script :)

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Why did people request a string-version of this script instead of anotating the cliloc numbers with comments for their representation?

Because it's easier this way and not everyone wants shard patch files.

Did you write this to ensure that the messages are clear and prevent the fact that clilocs may change as new versions of UO are released?

Message's on the public moongate gump are pretty clear to me (i can read loctions), it uses STRINGS not Cliloc numbers so newer versions of UO wouldn't make a blind bit of difference here.

The point of clilocs are to support multiple languages, it may be a good idea to release additional language support for this script

Err hello... This is from the ORIGINAL SVN 400 release, use the original if you want to use cliloc numbering which... yeah would cover different languages ;)

Please forward all pointless questions to... [email protected] :D

Vorspire

Knight
I was asking those question in reference for OTHER users who may not understand why the hell you've posted this in the first place.

Thanks for being a twat about it.

So tell me what the point in this script is? You provoked that question, lets see if you can give me a not-so-pointless answer.

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
The whole point of this script, which is the PublicMoongate.CS that handles strings, is to allow 'Noobletts' to enter extra locations or change location names without too much trouble.

The Public Moongate's question has been asked soooo many times now, and probably will be long after this is here and no one had released it here in this section of the forums.

As for...

Why did people request a string-version of this script

for someone with your coding experience i'd have thought you of all people would understand why.

The first part in bold... No, it's an edit of the original which comes with SVN 400.
The second part... It's using strings, so the reference to cliloc numbers bares no relevance at all ? You lost me with this comment.

The point of clilocs are to support multiple languages, it may be a good idea to release additional language support for this script

Thats the whole point of Cliloc numbering... this is a string version, plus how many private shards are going to translate custom locations into several Cliloc numbers (not that it would matter for this version of the gate)... not many i think.

Please forward all pointless questions to

Thats just me and my 'Dry Cynical' sense of humour, no offence was intended.

Thanks for being a twat about it.

Thats just you not understanding my 'Dry Cynical' sense of humour.

Vorspire

Knight
FingersMcSteal;817439 said:
Thats just you not understanding my 'Dry Cynical' sense of humour.

There's nothing else to understand other than that's just you being a dick.
You do realise that the context of sarcasm is lost when put down in writing, which just makes you looks like you're insulting people.

FingersMcSteal;817439 said:
The whole point of this script, which is the PublicMoongate.CS that handles strings, is to allow 'Noobletts' to enter extra locations or change location names without too much trouble.

That's the most intelligent thing you've said since the first post, *golf clap*, it wasn't too hard now was it? ;)

Will you *see* the sarcasm or fail?

Awesome script, easy to use and hassle free. Now people can say 'fuck you' to cliloc editing for gates. Some might want to say the same to Vorspire as well.

FingersMcsteal said:
Thats the whole point of Cliloc numbering... this is a string version, plus how many private shards are going to translate custom locations into several Cliloc numbers (not that it would matter for this version of the gate)... not many i think.
Not to mention, moongate locations are mostly proper nouns anyway, those wouldn't need to be translated for use in most languages anyway

redsnow

Sorceror
cmileto;817491 said:
wow, wish i had this a year ago, thx man!

lol, Me too would have saved alot of time and trouble.

Very good script for adding custom places without cliloc #'s assigned.

Good Job Fingers, thanks for the release.

Vorspire

Knight
Anti-Basic;817468 said:
Some might want to say the same to Vorspire as well.

Something I heard from yo'momma a few times.

Anyhow,

I never said this wasn't a good script tbf and you're right Fingers, life is too short.

Thanks for the submission.