RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about fields in Skills.cs inside Core

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
Was looking through the scripts inside the runuo core. Have a question about the skills.cs file.

new SkillInfo( 0, "Alchemy", 0.0, 5.0, 5.0, "Alchemist", null, 0.0, 0.5, 0.5, 1.0 ),

What do these numbers correlate to?

Dian

Sorceror
C#:
public SkillInfo( int skillID, string name, double strScale, double dexScale, double intScale, string title, SkillUseCallback callback, double strGain, double dexGain, double intGain, double gainFactor )

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
ok so basically which stat they depend on or allow to gain. On the last one, double gainFactor...is that skill gain factor or stat gain factor?

And thanks! Where did you find that at?

Dian

Sorceror
ts in the same file, somewhere middle of.

Good question on Gain.. It may be tied between stat and skill. Been too long since I really messed with that area.

pooka01

Sorceror
new SkillInfo( 0, "Alchemy", 0.0, 5.0, 5.0, "Alchemist", null, 0.0, 0.5, 0.5, 1.0 ),
skills.

stats is probably just in the skillgain.cs outside of the core. not sure tho.

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
I am hoping the last one is skill. There has to be somewhere in the core that separates how easily a skill gains. They all do not gain at the same rate. But that edit is not in skillcheck.cs and the couple of custom ones running around are not very good either. So I've been searching around the core for it.

pooka01

Sorceror
Last one in that is gain factor, which ajusts the skill gaining, by default they are all 1.0 if i'm right, so if you want to make meditation super super fast, you can make it low (i think it needs to be like 0.01 to be ultra fast). (not too sure, assisted somebody with that lately, and... was barely listening... xD)