RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

questions about skills and stats in runuo

loty1825

Wanderer
questions about skills and stats in runuo

I used to play on a shard that had customized skill and stat gains.
The use of some skills was customized to. And some skills were disabled. Monster skills and stats were customized too and there were also many custom monsters.

The skill gain depended on your proffession, and on how high your base skill is.
For fighting skills I also had to use proper weapon to gain (for example 30-40 swordsmanship: had to use broadsword to gain, 40-50 had to use longsword). For crafting skills you had to use the proper material and make proper items to gain, and so on.

I'd like my shard to have customized skills and monsters too, but to do that the first thing I need to get to know of is unmodified RunUO skill/stat gain system, the use of all skills and skills/stats of monsters so I can get an overiew of it all and what needs to be modified.
I could do this ingame by spawning all monsters available and look at their properties and write them down. And then max all 54 skills and test their use, but this would take years and I'm very eager to start my shard soon (at least sooner than 1 year would be nice). So I searched ORIGIN Ultima Playguide that describes how skills work and gain and what properties do the monsters have (http://guide.uo.com/skills.html) on their payshards.
I'd like to know if RunUO uses the same skill and monster system that ORIGIN payshards do. Or are there any charts available I could look at to get an overview on how skills and stats gain on RunUO and how do I use the skills?

Cyndrz

Wanderer
Thats a huge question. I would recommend looking at the scripts for the monsters to see there propertys. Each server has diffrent settings for the skill gains and speed same with stats. you can find monsters in scripts, mobiles you can find and skills in script, misc, skillcheck. As for making custom skills it can and has been done and I know I have seen other posts on how to do it so I would do a search on that one but your going to have to setup how it works on your own. A good place to read about in game monsters ect I would start at www.uostratics.com for general gaming knowledge. Hope that helps some.

loty1825

Wanderer
Well I have to learn to understand the code, then I'll be able to get all the data I need from scripts. I'm already learning, but I can't learn it all in a day.