RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions on spawning

Tingyun

Wanderer
Hi everyone - completely new to runuo, and just got my server running today. I have some questions, but I apologize for how ignorant I am of these basic issues:

1). I've used Nerun's spawner to go through the 'apoclypse now' 'let there be light' process. Is everything now setup for respawns to occur as needed, and everything will be saved when the world saves itself even if I shut down and restart the server executable? Or do I need to go through this process again everytime I start up the server, or periodically to allow for maintence and respawns? Or is there any other maintenance I need to do for respawns, quest givers, or the like? Any downside to repeating this process if a problem crops up later?

2). There is a 'save' folder with some files already included in the release candidates of runuo 2.5 and 2.3, but not in several other download versions including the svn. Is there anything important in this starting save state, or any difference between using it or deleting the folder?

3). If I want to wipe all the data on my server and start fresh, while still using the changes I've made to the installed scripts and such, is deleting the 'save' folder a sufficient and safe method of doing so? Or is there something else I need to do?

I also apologize if this is not the correct subforum - I looked around for a bit, was scared off by some of the 'no support here' signs, and decided the spawning element of my question might make this the place. Very sorry if I'm mistaken. I also read all the newbie guides I could find to answer these questions, but I apologize if I missed the answers already contained somewhere (or more likely misunderstood them)

Hammerhand

Knight
#1: Everything should be good to go & will still be there after saving & rebooting. Respawning is usually automatic.
#2: The files in the save folder could be from the original compile of the server core & shouldnt be a problem if you delete them.
#3: Deleting the save & backup folder contents will "wipe" the server save files only. Any changes made to existing scripts will remain untouched, as will any and all added scripts. You would have to respawn all doors, deco & mobiles, but yes, its a safe & quick way to wipe the server.