RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redundant code or a mistake?

Elg'cahlxukuth

Traveler
Hi!

I'm reading the Fishing.cs file to get some knowledge about how fishing skill works. I can see that inside the Construct method of the Fishing class there is a code which generates a treasure chest of some level:
TreasureMapChest.Fill( chest, Math.Max( 1, Math.Max( 4, sos.Level ) ) );

I wonder if there should rather be:
TreasureMapChest.Fill( chest, Math.Max( 1, Math.Min( 4, sos.Level ) ) );

The original code make no sense to me. I mean it is the same as just:
TreasureMapChest.Fill( chest, Math.Max( 4, sos.Level ) );

I suspect that the autor wanted to constrain the value of the Fill method parameter to be from 1 to 4.
It is hard for me to tell what values are proper here, as I have no idea of how exactly fishing skill should work.

It is in RunUO 2.2 and 2.0 (and maybe others).

Sorry for my english :-/ I hope it can be understood.
Regards, Darek

Vorspire

Knight
Yea, that looks like a bug, that second Max call will always result in level 4 being the lowest possible integer, IIRC, SoS level max is actually 4.

The intention was definitely to constrain the values between 1 and 4.

The correct code should be;
Code:
Math.Max( 1, Math.Min( 4, sos.Level ) );

Vorspire

Knight
Is it worth releasing a RunUO 2.3 yet Xavier?
Lots of people are taking the 2.2 release as the most recent version when the SVN is so much further ahead.

Xavier

Account Terminated
I was discussing this with Ryan not long ago, and I think we both agreed - we need to come up with a new official package.

In the meantime, Id be happy to package up an updated rc when I push updates to the public SVN, as long as everyone is good with that. I agree, its definitely needed. Ive been advising people to just c/o the svn.