RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0] Message of the Day

:DGood afternoon all,

Is anyone else having trouble downloading this script? I keep getting a corrupt file message (using winRAR). I am in need of a MOTD and this looks like it will meet my needs very nicely. Either way thank you for the contribution Joeku, I rarely use public scripts but I know you provide our community with some nice projects.

bacca87

Wanderer
How to fix the .txt path on linux with mono:

Edit main.cs on line 23:

Code:
public static readonly string FilePath = Path.Combine( Core.BaseDirectory, @"Data\MOTD" );

in

Code:
public static readonly string FilePath = Path.Combine( Core.BaseDirectory, Core.Unix ? @"Data/MOTD" : @"Data\MOTD" );

enjoy

JamzeMcC

Squire
SirMarcus9818;828598 said:
I don't see a txt in the zip on directions(or any txt)

Under your main RunUO directory go into Data folder. In there there will be a Motd file. Inside this is the MOTD.txt and the news txt This is as long as you load UO and run it the first time. If not, you can still create the directories in the same location.

PandoraUO

Wanderer
I've always used this and worked great. But all of a sudden after a shard reboot, when I type [motd it brings up a gump to 'Archive MOTD File' & 'Reload MOTD File'

Also When just typing MOTD not [MOTD a new gump shows up, and I have not put a different MOTD in..

pepper170

Squire
not working

Yea.. I extracted the file (cant open it) and pasted it in custom file. but when i opened the Main.cs, I got a totally diffrent code from what you posted. Any ideas?

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Love the script as well.. but I too am receiving the same issues with [motd usage.

As for "motd" in general; the other gump is provided by Xanthos, which is apparently an obligatory script that comes with Knives chat package; or Xanthos' jail system.

pepper170

Squire
Where would this fit into the new .sr?

namespace Joeku.SR
{
public class SR_Main
{
public static int Version = 110;
public static string ReleaseDate = "February 4, 2009"; //exc exc

Macil

Sorceror
What would I need to add and where would it need to go to make the MOTD display a random message page whenever someone opens the MOTD to check current news?

Foster

Account Terminated
[MOTD Command Prob

So when I type in [MOTD on either a staff or player character, it doesn't show the gump for this script, it shows a different gump that says "there is currently no news available." . Any ideas why?

Ok so you have compiled and everything is good ye, NO? when i type [MOTD it says that the administrators havnt written anything within the script.

This is telling you the message to what is actually being told by the MOTD script.

If you go to your main server folder and find the "DATA" folder within it will be a folder called MOTD in HUGE CAPITAL LETTERS, open this folder and choose Changelog.txt file and or the news.txt file and then find this line.

"This script does not contain any entries. Contact the shard administrators for more information."

If you have trouble finding this line close down everything and forget it.:) (lol) no come on lets get this done, now change the line to what ever you want to say if you dont want the MOTD to say changelog and you want it to say SHARDWIRE or something else then change this line, in the script for motd find the MAIN.cs file and look for these lines, "new MOTD_Info( "News" ),
"new MOTD_Info( "Changelog" )"

And change these to "new MOTD_Info( "ShardWire" ),
"new MOTD_Info( "New Releases" )"

I hope this helps if it doesnt then something has majorly gone wrong between, the many exhausted efforts to explain this. Goodluck on your mission.

Foster

Account Terminated
Joeku, I have been using your script for about a month and absolutely love it!! Is is possible to make the gump window (and text) a little wider than it is now? I started to look at the gump.cs file for this, but, being a scripting newbie, quickly became confused and thought it better to ask.

Thanks,
-GhostRiderGrey

I am but in the final stages of tuning my MOTD gump, if it is ok with "Joeku" once im finished with it i will release to the public.

MontegroXD

Wanderer
Is there a way to make the MOTD box bigger? I know I'm late to using this, but I'd like the screen quite a bit bigger if possible. Could anyone possibly do this for me? And maybe reposition everything accordingly?