RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Shivan Spawneable Guards

Alex21

Sorceror
shivan;738305 said:
There you go, but anyway, the "guards" is very limited, but is best than nothing, making them to find and teleport to targets that they shouldt be seeing is maybe too much, what can do a pk inside a building anyway? if they cast a mass spell will make it vulnerable to the use of the guards command.

The guards will teleport to their target as long they have a target (you will see them running in war mode), and the LOS to their target is blocked by something... a wall for example.

Makaar, my guards are a little "weak" because in my shard i dont use citys, i have camps and i whanted guard mainly for NPC defence when i do an attack event...

But that is easily to figure out, it just stats.

Ill take a look at this new code and compare it to what i eneded up with after modding yours a bit.

shivan

Sorceror
i think you need a getmobilesinrange in the OnSpeech.

Take a look to the healer ai... it have a good example on how to do it, but you have to convert the whole thing to can hadle PlayerMobiles.

or maybe you can find what is stoping AIs from take combatants that are not InLOS and do an override in the basegoodguard.

shivan

Sorceror
Version 1.5 Released.

Alex21, you may find in the 1.5 what you where looking for, if you didnt did it yourselft already :)

BTW, the scritp also works well in RC2, if anyone wonders.

Jades

Wanderer
hi Shivan I've added Bandage usage to your archerguard e warriorguard, feels good.
And I've tried to add some string take from JukaMage e JukaLord, where Mage buffs Lord = Mageguard buffs warrior. good!
Sorry for my poor english.

Liacs

Sorceror
Hmm... unfortunately the onspeech doesn't seem to work. I am fighting with an orc (which is even in the opposition group) and the guards just walk by (on their way point route) without attacking. Also when I say "guards" they won't help me. Any help appreciated. I am using 1.6 btw :)

shivan

Sorceror
there are some conditions for the onspeech...mainly, if you dont use the advanced mode, the guards will only teleport if they have a combatant but it flee behind a wall or something, thus the guard dont have a LOS to they target.

In the advanced mode, the guards will track for a char with 5 kills or more and less than -500 karma or a criminal in its range and teleport to it, but this will not work if the guard is fighting already.

kubatur0

Sorceror
hi there, i have a problem with that script. I tried to put that folder to every destination but it doesnt work. Which folder i have to put this to?

Liacs

Sorceror
Should have added that, I did advanced mode = true and the guards walk literally through the fighting people without interfering... so they don't even have to teleport to get to the attacker... i can scream guards like i want but nothing happenes. Really weird...

kubatur0

Sorceror
i don't know why it doesn't work... I tried everything and still when I want to start server it says that it can't find something....

Liacs

Sorceror
Yepp, I edited oppositiongroup as explained. Urgs... my bad! I think I found the mistake (small customization not taken in account) :eek:

Sorry!

Jasonntn

Wanderer
This looks great. I'm going to be giving it a try on my shard as I want to get rid of the insta-kill guards and give these guys a try.

dotosco

Sorceror
The Guards Does Not Work

Your guard sistem is incomplete, the guards atack only the creatures on their oposing group and negative karma.... can you show to me the part of the script who make the guards attack criminals?

Greystar

Wanderer
dotosco;740613 said:
Your guard sistem is incomplete, the guards atack only the creatures on their oposing group and negative karma.... can you show to me the part of the script who make the guards attack criminals?

Check in in GuardedRegions.cs then try to add in the modifications needed. That's why the author says in the beginning that this doesn't fully replace existing guards.

dotosco

Sorceror
.....if i need to use garded regions to spawnables guards, they lost their motive. I have a custom World Map. My idea is to place spawned guards im my tows without editing the regions.xml.... there´s no way to do it?

shivan

Sorceror
Give me a sec, the last time i check the attackmode.evil where attacking both pks and criminals.

Yeah you right. Update to 1.7

Greystar

Wanderer
shivan;740628 said:
Give me a sec, the last time i check the attackmode.evil where attacking both pks and criminals.

Yeah you right. Update to 1.7

yeah FightMode.Evil to my knowledge only attacks Negative Karma individuals to my knowledge. You actually have to add things to make it attach criminals and murderers. Now keep in mind using IsEnemy and adding a Murderer Check totally disables the ability for Murderers to enter town. In the new RunUO (and OSI) murderers have been able to enter town since I think AOS (could be wrong). So you are Removing that by adding in that part in IsEnemy. Now if you get this to function completely to replace the "Guard System" I commend you. I did it the other way around in RunUO 1.0 and though about doing it for 2.0 but regions have gotten a bit more complicated in 2.0; so I've kinda put it on a semi-permanent hold. I had wanted to create a purchasable guard post type of deal that players could make guards around their home with what I was doing in 1.0. It seems however I could theoretically do that with what you've already created (with only a few mods). This method is probably slightly better then the method I originally used. I may download this and check it out. See if it's something I could use. (PS I've added a FightMode.Good to my fightmodes just so that if I have evil guards they'll attack good players entering my "evil" city.