RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Xanthos Evo System

Yes I knew they already could use ranged weaponry. I don't think I explained myself well enough in asking my question. What I was wanting to know was how do I set it up so that when a Merc uses a bow. He stands back and fires it like a player would instead of running right up on the monster? :)

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to force it to use arrows and bolts. Infact...I'm sure I've seen a merc that required the use of arrows, as you had to give the merc the arrows every once in a while or else he'd sit there and not fire at all. As for the whole boat thing, that's always been an issue for almost anything that can do ranged attacks. Not much you can do to combat that, other than perhaps forcing them to use arrows. But...on most shards, it's not hard at all to come by a ton of arrows.

I am not wanting the Merc to use arrows. I am wanting the Merc to use the bow like a ranged weapon. Instead of it running right up into the face of the monster and then using the bow.

tass23

Page
You'll have to train up the mercs archery. As far as me and some of my players can tell, some have GM archery, some don't. So I'd recommend giving the merc a bow, putting them on a boat and pulling mobs for them to attack to the shoreline. Once it has GM archery, you should be fine.

Deimos

Page
You'll have to train up the mercs archery. As far as me and some of my players can tell, some have GM archery, some don't. So I'd recommend giving the merc a bow, putting them on a boat and pulling mobs for them to attack to the shoreline. Once it has GM archery, you should be fine.

Archery skill has nothing to do with how the merc fights, it's the AI type that affects how it attacks.
You'd need to find a way to change the AI to AI_Archer when it equips a bow.

tass23

Page
Archery skill has nothing to do with how the merc fights, it's the AI type that affects how it attacks.
You'd need to find a way to change the AI to AI_Archer when it equips a bow.
Are you sure? Mercs don't start off with Archery, but somehow it can go from 0 to 100. Of course you could add archery to this list, just so it goes to 120. We didn't have to do anything special to our mercs to get them to use a bow, other than putting them in a position to use the bow and not be able to melee until archery was at 100.
Code:
  MercenarySpec()
  {
  m_Tamable = true;
  m_MinTamingToHatch = 0;
  m_PercentFemaleChance = .20;
  m_GuardianEggOrDeedChance = .10;
  m_AlwaysHappy = false;
  m_ProducesYoung = false;
  m_AbsoluteStatValues = false;
  m_PackSpecialItemChance = 0.10;
  m_MaxEvoResistance = 90;
  m_MaxTrainingStage = 6;
  m_ArtifactStage = m_MaxTrainingStage;
  m_CraftedWeaponStage = m_ArtifactStage - 1;
  m_CanAttackPlayers = false;
  m_Skills = new SkillName[10] { SkillName.Swords, SkillName.Macing, SkillName.Fencing,
          SkillName.Tactics, SkillName.Wrestling, SkillName.Parry,
          SkillName.Anatomy, SkillName.MagicResist, SkillName.Healing, SkillName.Chivalry };
  m_MinSkillValues = new int[10] { 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 };
  m_MaxSkillValues = new int[10] { 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120 };
  m_Stages = new BaseEvoStage[] { new MercenaryStageZero(), new MercenaryStageOne(), new MercenaryStageTwo(),
          new MercenaryStageThree(), new MercenaryStageFour(), new MercenaryStageFive(),
          new MercenaryStageSix() };
  }

tass23

Page
Is anyone else having issues getting their pets to breed? I understand only the females can, and only ancient ones. I have an ancient female and an ancient male and when I target the male, it says "That's not a pet". Both pets are bonded and I am using the breed gump from the female to target the male.

Deimos

Page
Are you sure? Mercs don't start off with Archery, but somehow it can go from 0 to 100. Of course you could add archery to this list, just so it goes to 120. We didn't have to do anything special to our mercs to get them to use a bow, other than putting them in a position to use the bow and not be able to melee until archery was at 100.

No they can gain archery skill ok, but they don't "act" as archers do, unless you change the AI to AI_Archer
By default they use the AI_Melee AI, which means running upto the monster/player and attacking within 1 tile, like a melee character, so unless you change the AI, they'll keep doing that even when equipped with a Bow
Although I could've sworn they changed AI automatically when equipped with a box, but, I haven't used this system in a while, heh.

A "cheap" work around is to sell AI change deeds, which is what I did
It allowed people to buy a deed which changed their pets AI to either archer, melee, or mage.

That is an interesting idea. I will have to look into that. As I said earlier I am still new to all this. And while I have figured out how to edit a few things here and there, I am not a scripter. Fortunately I do know some people that know a little bit about scripting. I will ask around and see how hard it would be to write such a script. :) Thanks for the idea.

milva

Sorceror
Is anyone else having issues getting their pets to breed?
Did you try the breeding with 2 different chars holding the pets?
I'm sure you checked base script for that pet to be sure it is set breedable-true

milva

Sorceror
So strange you should be getting a gump which states - You ask the owner of the
Evo Nightmare (or which type it is) to breed, then the other player has the gump
to accept. Almost sounds as though the evo's are being treated as a merc?
We don't have merc- so not sure about this.

tass23

Page
Well we get the gump on females to mount or breed, if they are rideable. So I'm really confused and since I can't get FSATS installed on my shard with this system alreayd in place, this is the only thing the players have for breeding. We started with a female evo hiryu (ancient of course) and it even said target a male evo hiryu, which we did and it said that's not a pet.

milva

Sorceror
We had to omit Evo's from the FSATS breeding system, as the evo's give an egg- if
you went to the breeder with them, breeder would take the pet evo's. But with return of
ticket it would crash the server. As FSATS gives babies, where evo's give an egg.
For your BaseEvo.cs script, I'm sure it also has
public abstract class BaseEvo : BaseCreature, IEvoCreature
Sorry just confused why with breeding it would state, that is not a pet, especially if a player
char can actually control it.

tass23

Page
Yes it does. I'm confused too.

Getting FSATS system installed I was doing okay, but the package itself broke my basecreature.cs and caused a ser/deser error I can't fix, or rather, don't know how to fix.
I've since scrapped the idea of trying to get FSATS installed on my shard.

Alvin D.

Sorceror
I'm getting an error. It's telling me AnkhEast is missing a namespace reference.
Be sure to put utilities in the main scripts folder and put shrink xml into your data folder.

Alvin D.

Sorceror
to fix this error you need to change AnkhEast to AnkhNorth in Mercenary.cs. motd also post errors I just deleted that file and the script worked fine as far as i could tell.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
If you wish to use his Motd system (it's one of my favorites.) There is a fix to get it working. I'm betting the error you got had to do with flags?