RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2+] daat99's Master Looter + Ledger system

GhostRiderGrey

Sorceror
Thanks for the complete explanation of the code lines. I see my error in my code attempts, as I was adding it as new looter instead of just looter.
Code:
PackItem(new looter());

The graphic glitch is intermittent. Sometime on new player creation, when the backpack is first set up, it is there. Other times it is not. Closing and reopening the backpack does not clear it. Logging out and back in does seem to clear it. We can advise players to try that if/when they run into it. (both buttons seem to work, btw, lol)

daat99

Staff member
Thanks for the complete explanation of the code lines. I see my error in my code attempts, as I was adding it as new looter instead of just looter.
Code:
PackItem(new looter());

The graphic glitch is intermittent. Sometime on new player creation, when the backpack is first set up, it is there. Other times it is not. Closing and reopening the backpack does not clear it. Logging out and back in does seem to clear it. We can advise players to try that if/when they run into it. (both buttons seem to work, btw, lol)
Sounds like a bug in the client to me :)

jamesreg

Sorceror
Welcome back Datt99 You certainly know how to make an entrance.
I am getting the following errors

Code:
Errors:
+ Customs/MasterLooter v1.03/MasterLooterGumps.cs:
    CS1061: Line 119: 'Daat99MasterLooterSystem.MasterLooterBackpack' does not c
ontain a definition for 'ActiveListName' and no extension method 'ActiveListName
' accepting a first argument of type 'Daat99MasterLooterSystem.MasterLooterBackp
ack' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
)
    CS1061: Line 168: 'Daat99MasterLooterSystem.MasterLooterBackpack' does not c
ontain a definition for 'RestoreDefaultList' and no extension method 'RestoreDef
aultList' accepting a first argument of type 'Daat99MasterLooterSystem.MasterLoo
terBackpack' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly re
ference?)
    CS1061: Line 172: 'Daat99MasterLooterSystem.MasterLooterBackpack' does not c
ontain a definition for 'SwitchActiveList' and no extension method 'SwitchActive
List' accepting a first argument of type 'Daat99MasterLooterSystem.MasterLooterB
ackpack' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly refere

daat99

Staff member
Did you install all the files from the first post?

I just installed them on a clean server and it compiled fine.

jamesreg

Sorceror
Interesting I just installed it again and it compiled the only thing different i had done last night was use one of the other the other masterlooterbackpack.cs V1.02 uploaded by you a couple post down from the main post. This time I just used the one that comes with the package and it compiled.

jamesreg

Sorceror
it does bring up the question that you did update the file twice along the way will I have some errors or bugs not getting the updated files?

daat99

Staff member
The problem was that you used some files from 1.02 with others from 1.03.

Always use files from the same version.

When I post updates I usually post differentiating updates (partials) in the thread but update the entire system at the first post.

If you update your version after you skipped an update than you should always use the full system from the first post.

The partials are meant only for users that used the latest update and doesn't want to download all the file and redo their custom modifications to it.

jamesreg

Sorceror
Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for this great system you have some of the best ones on here Hope your back for good :)

daat99

Staff member
Did you follow the FAQ on my first post to enable tokens?

Please note that in order to do that you must have MY old token system installed (and updated).

I don't have an updated copy of my token system but you may find it as part of an OWLTR pack that may be easy to update (you just need the Tokens folder).

daat99

Staff member
FAQ said:
Q: I want to give tokens to players directrly into their ledger from another file, what should I do?
A: You need to add the following line where you want it (player is the PlayerMobile, amount is an int): "Daat99MasterLooterSystem.Daat99MasterLootersUtils.GivePlayerTokens(player, amount);"

The [loot command will give players tokens IF and WHEN they delete the corpse.

If you want to give them more tokens then you need to do so using the example in the FAQ.

If you will read my tokens installation guide you'll see what you need to do in order to give players tokens when they kill stuff using the ledger.

All you need to do is go to that place and add the tokens to the looter instead using the example in the FAQ.

If you are having problems then feel free to ask in the script support forum.

GhostRiderGrey

Sorceror
Avachel, this is how we have daats token system modded to, I think, do what you what.
Code:
        public static void RewardTokens(Mobile m, int amount)
        {
            if (amount < 1)
                return;
//add for master loot bag = add tokens on monster kills if loot bag present
            if (Daat99MasterLooterSystem.Daat99MasterLootersUtils.GivePlayerTokens(m as PlayerMobile, amount))
                return;
//end add for master loot bag
            Item[] items = m.Backpack.FindItemsByType( typeof( TokenLedger ) );

foreach( TokenLedger tl in items )
            {
                if (tl.Owner == m.Serial && tl.Tokens <= 2000000000)
                {
                    tl.Tokens = (tl.Tokens + amount); //give the tokens
                    m.SendMessage(1173, "You recieved {0} tokens.",amount); //send a message to the player that he got tokens
                    break;
                }
            }
        }
    }

Um, daat, on my server we have your looter, but we wanted to use it as a ledger too. but we have the problem of the token vendor stone not working with the looter backpack. i'd rather not have token ledgers as well as looters, but i like the loot system. How would i fix this problem?

daat99

Staff member
Poseidon I already have the fix for that in beta-testing.

I'll release version 1.04 when my tester will get back to me with his results (if they are favorable).

In any case it'll probably take a week or so to be ready.

daat99

Staff member
The token system didn't look in the backpack for tokens so it won't work without the ledger.

The fix will most likely be 1-2 lines of codes in order to make the vendor stone look in the looter but it should also allow the admins to make their gold stones look in the looter using the same code.

Um, daat, on my server we have your looter, but we wanted to use it as a ledger too. but we have the problem of the token vendor stone not working with the looter backpack. i'd rather not have token ledgers as well as looters, but i like the loot system. How would i fix this problem?

Why not for now just use the completely customizable vendor and set its consume type to the tokens??

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
ours is similar to what poseidon mentioned, we use the token stone as well, which is set to currency: daat99tokens which looks for the token ledger that system came with and not the looter... we plan to, as well, lol, remove the original token ledger when the kinks are worked out... along with the token stone, there's the tokens given for crafting etc that are also related to the older token ledger... i know i was going to attempt to work on an update example for one of those and have yet to do that, sorry, i got sidetracked

oh yeah and lady luck, lol

Doctor Mephisto, when you say 'customizable vendor' are you referring to the mobile reward vendor where you can set anything as the consumable item/currency/fame etc for paying for things?