RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO World Community Grid Team

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO World Community Grid Team

The RunUO Team is asking for your help:

We all have spare CPU time on our computers. IBM has sponsored the World Community Grid which uses spare CPU time to help find cures for diseases. We are starting our own team there.

- Go to http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org and download their software.
- Install their software, run it and register an account.
- Go to their website and join the team name "RunUO".

There couldn't be an easier way to help the world than this.

Thanks,
Ryan

Sorry it took me a while Had to put it on a few of my idle machines....:)

hmmm I wonder how fast a quad 2.8 zeon with 8 gigs of memory would kick that out.... I wonder how fast the other sysadmin would notice the cpu cycles gobbled up mmmmm

David

Moderate
I'm in.... six computers running in a household of three people. Yeah, we have spare cpu cycles laying around. :D

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
silverwolfe said:
Sorry it took me a while Had to put it on a few of my idle machines....:)

hmmm I wonder how fast a quad 2.8 zeon with 8 gigs of memory would kick that out.... I wonder how fast the other sysadmin would notice the cpu cycles gobbled up mmmmm

I'm actually running this on our web server.

8 CPU's
12 gigs of RAM
2 TB Disk

ABCDraven

Sorceror
I've done the folding@home for years, but havent for a while, I'll load this up on our webserver, and get this going on our machine that stores server backups. Neither are quite the hardware runuo is running, but we are no where the size of the runuo network yet.

Great job using our community to better the global community

Wolf-Avatar

Wanderer
Done!

Well, I'm in and running for what it's worth. My poor widdle machine is only worth a 146. Glad it could help out though. Good use of RunUO world resources, too, Ryan. Good thinking, 99.