RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

scripting

jbast1992

Wanderer
scripting

Hey, i wanan learn how to script and does anyone know of any sites that teach how to script or anything? would be a big help, thanks

stormwolff

Knight
Any site that will teach you c# will help you with runuo "scripting"

There is also alot of info on this forum and on http://www.orbsydia.com/index.php

I suggest getting some basic c# knowledge and just start playing around with existing scripts. Pick something simple like making a new robe, sword, armor, and try to tweak it. Change some settings. This is good way to learn item properties.

Try to make something like a teleporter that people can walk over and it does different things. This is a good way to learn if/else statements. You can then use the if else statements in your item attempts to restrict who can wear the armor or hold the weapons you scripted previsouosly.

Try to make a monster. Make it do different things, try changing its loot.

You can post your errors as you get them and many of us will help you along the way if you show enough of a good faith attempt to fix errors yourself.

Foster

Account Terminated
And any way i think your on the best site to learn scripting lol i know this is a layte reply but better late thne never hehe

ETsCat

Sorceror
Any site that will teach you c# will help you with runuo "scripting"

There is also alot of info on this forum and on http://www.orbsydia.com/index.php

I suggest getting some basic c# knowledge and just start playing around with existing scripts. Pick something simple like making a new robe, sword, armor, and try to tweak it. Change some settings. This is good way to learn item properties.

Try to make something like a teleporter that people can walk over and it does different things. This is a good way to learn if/else statements. You can then use the if else statements in your item attempts to restrict who can wear the armor or hold the weapons you scripted previsouosly.

Try to make a monster. Make it do different things, try changing its loot.

You can post your errors as you get them and many of us will help you along the way if you show enough of a good faith attempt to fix errors yourself.

Yes, Like setting a Teleporter that Only teleports Ghosts to Luna or some other place to get rezed.