RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Age Server?

I assume this would be the right forum, or it might be scripts...

I am looking to run a server based off Second Age + Before. I played the game back when it started. I liked things like using a Oil Flask to Recharge your magic items. Is there a way to Change it to 2nd Age things only?

Thank you in advance.
Jon

ah ok not really worth it then, i might as well grab UOX3. I just want a server for me and like 5 friends to play. Thank you for your time.

I only need a 2nd age client ;) Aside from skills to turn off, and which maps are available. Is there really that much to change? Maybe loot lists?

Amazonia

Sorceror
Tons tons of changes... Magic Reflect system, Maps, Moongates, Item Names Display, The way weapons are displayed "a poisoned fortified kryss of power", RA/MR/PROT. can be stacked, Followers System, Skillgains, Resurection Gump to the old one, Loot Packs, a lot lot lot more than you think! I found a Pre-UOR Pack that can be downloaded, its like the RunUO you download here but already changed to Pre-UO:R, but because it took me forever to find it, I'm not going to link it there, just letting you know it's possible to find via this forum mixed with Google.

Looking up the new stuff, i think the only stuff i would really care to change is....

Only Tramel Availible (and maybe the 2nd age lands)... thus turning off spawns elsewhere. I found the Map Definitions, but how do i tell it to not allow the other ones? I want the default map, with Felucia Rule (Open PVP). I found where to change the ruleset, but i dont know how to turn the other maps "off".

And No Gargoyles as Races. EDIT: I see RunUO does not have gargoyles. :)

And Mayhaps Followers. I liked the old followers that paid you to travel them to towns, but that was about it.

Custom Addition: Changing Vendor Lists, to make it more a player run economy

Would that be to hard to do?

Kasimir

Squire
UO Second Age has done a fantastic job recreating the T2A experience, establishing an incredible representation based off of extensive research. Derrick, the owner and creator has been at it for years.

Good deal. I was just looking to put up a server for some local friends here. They have been playing MineCraft and i think the game just looks Dumb lol. Hoping i can steal them away from that to play UO with me.

kdivers

Knight
Well, that's rather harsh. I HARDLY feel as though I deserved a response implying I was molested as a child.

Well, that's rather harsh. I HARDLY feel as though I deserved a response implying I was molested as a child.

its a joke pointing out the flaw in logic that one should be open to things which they are prejudicially opposed simply for the sake of being open minded, and also that one does not need to experience something in order to justify said opposition. Since it was misinterpreted as a personal attack, I have edited it.

kdivers

Knight
Your edited version is much better ;) Instead of implying I was molested it's now just a general case of the Catholic Church being themselves