RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shields?

H

hydroxtrem

shields?

im just curious but is anyone working on the shield scripts? because i would like to look at one and see if i could make it a weapon instead so you could have double weapon fighters. i think i know how to do it, but i would have no clue on how to do the shields in the first place

D

Dr. Klahn

i like the base idea behind this post. being able to dual wield is something ive always wanted to see in uo. i wouldnt say id choose a shield as the secondary weapon but say 2 daggers that rogue types used or for fighters they could have a dagger and a sword like zorro. the problem i ran into with other emu's is that i could never get a secondary weapon equipped simultaneously with a one-handed weapon, and both to be visible and usable at the same time. if i knew anything about scripting id work on it, but alas, im a graphic artist not a programmer/scripter. hopefully we will see customization for runuo which will allow us to do these kinds of things if its not already possible.

JDLUSTER

Wanderer
i know how to do it in sphere and you have to patch the verdata with the sword in the left and and then set the layer it uses to the same as a sheild or you could use a weapon that was set to the helmet or ring or foot or n e thing but to get the image in the paper doll you need to patch the verdata with it