RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting a server

Foul

Page
So a little background;

I've played UO for the longest time when I was younger. I've always wanted to start my own shard. I've been on RunUO for awhile.. a number of years (since RunUO 1.0). (even lost an account) I didn't, however, actually get involved with the server aspect for a good bit. I have a little bit of a scripting knowledge, but even that is extremely rusty. So bear with me.

I have quite a bit of knowledge in Linux and recently acquired a semi-dedicated sever with quite a bit of power. I thought about what I could do with it for the longest time, then that's when RunUO came into my mind..

I guess I'm asking for ideas, something to make my server different, and stand out.. and maybe help with those ideas. This is basically your time to shine.. if you want to help me during the molding process and possibly in production you can get a chance. (Co-owner?)

If that makes any sense.. please PM me with an idea and if you want to help. Or even for more details. I don't have enough to pay for staff, however, so it's all volunteer.

cheers.