RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

text activated item

S

soundwav

text activated item

i need some help on making this cause i have no idea where to start. i want to make an item have some comand words but i only want the comands to work if you have the item. i dont want them global comand words

Spooky

Wanderer
Commands

Damn this is the hard way! if you can get by with a use item to trigger IE dbleclick is much easier.

For words you will have to write a script that listens for the trigger phase, when herd checks the character for the necessay conditions ie he has the item in question and has it equiped. Then go on to perform the function you want to make the itme do.

There may be a better way than this with RunUO but this is the way I know.

S

soundwav

yea i know its the hard way but this item has 3 things it does and a dbl-click wouldnt work unless there was a way to set what one you wanted to use by dbl-clicking. but i cant figure out the little drop-down menu's

S

soundwav

yes, its alot harder then i thought it would be. i got 2 of the 3 spells almost done, i got the look of it down, it just needs alittle tweeking here and there and it will be done.

R

Rakurai

Ok im new to RunUO scripting so I have no clue how to do this. But I have accomplished this in SPHERE. Here's how you do it. When the item is equipped it equips a memory item to some layer that is not used. layer 70-90 usually. The mem item before it is equipped is a Communications Crystal type, When it is being equipped it changes to t_eq_script in sphere, then once it is equipped it changes back to a comm crystal. The a speech event is applied to the player and when the command words are said specify in the speech what you want it to do. Not sure if types are implemented yet, but basically its a memory item acting as a comm crystal because comm crystals are the only type of item in sphere that can here voice commands. But since RunUO is a lot more customizable i'd find someone who has done or will do a communications crystal script and base how the item "Listens" to the player off that. Just my thoughts, they may be helpful and they may not be.

krrios

Administrator
If it's just a simple keyword->action, add an EventSink.Speech event, check the keywords and if they're holding a glacial staff, then do the action.

I'll also be adding an OnSpeech event for items in beta4.