RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you... from the bottom of my heart

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
The majority of this post goes out to the players who play(ed) Revelation and in general to this entire community.

I want to start by telling you that I am infinitely sorry that I launched Revelation and had personal problems that got in the way of keeping it going. It was not my intention to launch the shard and then essentially not be there to run it. We kind of fell into the perfect storm of trouble quite honestly. Between the health issues that my wife, child and myself faced coupled with the health issues that MasterM had (and continues to have) Revelation was left without an admin to run the ship.

My family and I are over that hurdle. Today my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who by all accounts is healthy as a bear. He's 9 pounds 5 ounces and he's built like a brick shit house! My wife is recovering nicely and she's already up and moving so we're well on our way to getting our lives back on track here now that we're all healthy and we have our son.

That said I will have some time to start focusing on RunUO and UOGamers once again in a full time fashion. As you can tell we've made dramatic progress with the incredible new website (Many thanks to our web developer Nick for all of the hours he has put in on it) and we've just been granted a free open source license by Atlassian for JIRA and Confluence for the RunUO projects. Over the next few weeks we will get those software packages deployed to further the progress of RunUO including development of the High Seas expansion and working toward feature completing the missing items for Demise and the core RunUO package.

Now for Revelation...

UOGamers Revelation is a labor of love and is not a project I am willing to give up on. I've told our players who played there I will fix Revelation and I keep my word! That said I will be working with Mark and the remaining players to feature complete the outstanding code items and get Revelation back on track.

I want to make it clear that Revelation was never intended to be the biggest freeshard ever, we'll leave that to Hybrid, it was simply meant to be the best :)

I anticipate my wife and I will return home at the beginning of the week and get things on track for the kids and then I'll be able to get back to "work" and focus on the shards and RunUO.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the kind words (even from players who've left) regarding the impossible struggles my family has been put through this year. It's amazing the support network our families have provided but what impresses me even more is the outpouring of support from the RunUO/UOGamers family. You're all amazing people and without you this project would not be worth doing.

Thank you for your time, your support and the amazing efforts you've shown over the past ten years. We look forward to the next ten with you.

Ryan

el_h3fe

Squire
Glad to hear that your family is doing better and congratulations on the birth of your new son. I'm sure you're extremely happy right now and I wish you all the best. TY for the updates on everything too.

Hello Rayan even if they are the newest up UO you I offer my most sincere best wishes to you and your whole family for the new baby's birth! hips and I wanted to thank all the staf OU for the incredible strength and patience that everyday people to all the young players a little more like me who have become part of this fantastic world and that sometimes exaggerate asking problem-solving banal thanks to the staf of existing UO

rich420

Wanderer
Ryan, I so glad to hear that everything went smooth with the delivery. Me and my wife went through a 3 pregnancys, only 2 worked out. I have 2 awsome lil' boys 2 / 4, and i know how it feels to have hard ships. So glad everything went well, Congrats bro!!! Ive been with Hybrid sense the beinging and I dont plan on quiting I glad to here you dont either. Thanks for all your hard work just so that we can have fun. I member fights we had back in 04 , you and kryos vs. me and Mistikal. Sincerly : SeedlesS S-K / Rain S-K aka Soveriegn from the Original Soveriegn Kaos : S-K