RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unscrupulous Emails

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Unscrupulous Emails

Lately there have been some people registering accounts on many of the free emails (hotmail/gmail/etc etc) using various aliases of RunUO shaff and our shards' staff.

Please remember a few things: we will NEVER ask for your password to your forum accounts or to your server. If you receive an email that seems like it would be from us, but isn't, please be sure to let us know and forward the email us, including headers. or copy all that (including headers), and paste it to us in PM.

Remember all us team members have @runuo.com address, as well as a shiny red name here on the forums.

In closing, if there's any suspicious activity with someone claiming to be one of us, send us a note and we'll do what we can.

ASayre8 said:
Lately there have been some people registering accounts on many of the free emails (hotmail/gmail/etc etc) using various aliases of RunUO shaff and our shards' staff.

Please remember a few things: we will NEVER ask for your password to your forum accounts or to your server. If you receive an email that seems like it would be from us, but isn't, please be sure to let us know and forward the email us, including headers. or copy all that (including headers), and paste it to us in PM.

Remember all us team members have @runuo.com address, as well as a shiny red name here on the forums.

In closing, if there's any suspicious activity with someone claiming to be one of us, send us a note and we'll do what we can.

Something else I've noticed is a lot of people wanting to "share" shards, usually ones that are established. I've been approached by people asking (or DEMANDING) that I share my shard with them, or combine my shard with theirs. It seems to me that a lot of these people are attempting to steal shards in this manner, or will send e-mails to UOG and RunUO, claiming the original owner of the original shard stole it from them.

I just wanted to bring this to someone's attention, as I feel it isn't right. Most of these people come onto my shard as players to ask, and I ban/firewall them immediately. Not sure if others are having or have had this problem before, and not sure if anything can be done to prevent this or to punish those who've done it.

I've since wiped my shard and am in the process of starting a whole new one, otherwise I'd be able to send you logfiles of these people attempting this.