RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO Architect - Extracting pre-made AOS houses

bizbol

Wanderer
UO Architect - Extracting pre-made AOS houses

I already posted my question in the Orbsydia forums. I'm just hoping that two posts might give me an answer quickly. Now, for my problem. Using UO Architect (latest version), I have tried extracting a pre-made house placed with the RunUO House placement tool, but without success. Nothing extracts. Has anyone succeeded in extracting houses placed this way? If so, how did you do it? Thank you very much!

i use uoar alot i have extracted stuff that is already in the game like the inn in nujel'm check your options in uoar to make sure it is extracting static non static frozen hues and has foundation this way no matter what you will get it also when extracting it is just like anything else you must target it using a bounding box so target the tile in the north west corner and then the south east and you should be able to grab it

bizbol

Wanderer
Thanks for your answer. I am able to extract stuff that is already static. The problem is that, when I build a house with the house placement tool, I cannot extract it. UOAR picks nothing up, although all of the options you mentionned are selected. :(

It should work.
Makesure you have UO Architect 2.4 version.

In Extract tab: check Static/Non-Statuc/Frozen/Hue.

Properties:
MAKESURE YOU GIVE IT A NAME AND CATEGORY/SUBSECT!

NOW, makesure you're connected to your server. If so then you will be able to use that 'Extract' button.

Now use that inkdrop thing and target your points. If all successed you will see the Results ontop with #items extractged. To view if it's extracted correctly, goto your Database tab and locate what you named it and click on Editor or Preview button. That's it!

Good luck.

ssalter

Account Terminated
lorddeception said:
It should work.
Makesure you have UO Architect 2.4 version.

In Extract tab: check Static/Non-Statuc/Frozen/Hue.

Properties:
MAKESURE YOU GIVE IT A NAME AND CATEGORY/SUBSECT!

ooooh, maybe that is my problem. I put in a name but often leave "unassigned" as the category/subject.

Now use that inkdrop thing and target your points.

The Z range?

I built a Yew tree with Pandora's and never successfully created a uoa file. At best it would select 1 or 2 limbs on the far right side. I set my Z min to -126 and max to 126 (the allowable extremes) and made sure my bounding box was more than large enough, but no luck.
:(

adamg6284

Squire
i tried to do that and it didnt work for me either. it extracts it but i get a bunch of weird objects. i named it and gave it a subsection and checked all the boxes.

Peoharen

Sorceror
Problem was the ID change. 0x4001 for instance was considered a multi and reparsed.

You can snag the fix here and it'll ignore anything using BaseMulti, to extract housing you'll have to use the importer like normal but no fix for that yet. My updates in December broke communications between the server and client and until I get the time to resolve that I can't publish updates. The good news is the breakage is for UOTC integration and the new "packet" isn't working. I seriously just want to redo the network portion (why are there six methods to set a string being sent?) but I have so little time it's not funny.

alekwdrake

Sorceror
I got UOR to install on runuo 2.2 and connected to the server, I can place the castles already in the database now I am trying to figure out how to extract building I made and building that are there by default. When I say building I made I don't mean player houses that you make with the house placement tool but oes that I made with pandoras box. Id like to be able to put them into uor and then put them back in game so the item count is down. At least that's the theory. And the ones that are in game by default could just use those to help populate new cities or add to existing ones that I feel might be lacking.

There was mention of an extract button and I click on that and make sure the options that very talked about get checked. I don't really know what you mean by a bounding box though. Sorry I really just need a step by step for dummies lol. Basically I kinda have things figured out just stuck on what to do after I check the boxes; static, non-static,frozen, hue, has foundation. Below that is the item z filter. Not sure what these are for to check or not I guess is the question and what about the eye dropper and numbers between. I click on the eye dropper in one top corner and the other I click on the bottom part so I should get all the building but when I do that no number show up. So not sure what that's for. I name it and give it a class etc no problem below that set starting z for each area is greyed out. cant click on it.

Okay I was actually able to click on the eye droppers this time and then click on the buildings corner and get a number that was like that for both. Still don't see anyway to actually extract the building though.

If anyone could steer me to the right direction id be grateful.

alekwdrake

Sorceror
Awesome. Thankyou for the video. It was helpful.

Now my issue is that even though I was able to get it installed on version 2.2 I really need it on 2.0 final repack. http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-2-0-final-re-pack.102954/
Im only getting one error and no warnings after deleting the folder with the stargate system, which I had planned on removing in the first place. The error is:

+ Customs/OrbReomoteServer/OrbServer.cs:
CS0234: Line 6: The type or namespace 'Tcp' does not exist in the names
pace 'System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels' (are you missing and assembly reference?)

If I comment that entire line out it throws more errors so Im kinda at a loss as to what to do.
If I hadn't invested several years in decorating my own server on the 2.0 final it wouldn't be such a big deal but Ive got a lot of buildings, bridges etc, etc, and custom areas built with pandoras box.

Here is the section of the code where it is talking about. Didn't know if the whole thing was needed or not.
Please help. Ive been trying to get UOArchitect on this server for a very long time. If there was a way move all of my custom buildings quckly and easily all at once Im all ears. Ive tried copying my backup save folder to the version 2.2 but it throw all kinds of errors and I still don't really know what these errors mean so you see my predicament.

using System;
using System.Collections;
using OrbServerSDK;
using System.Runtime.Remoting;
using System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels;
using System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp;
using Server.Accounting;
using Server;
using Server.Network;
using System.Threading;
namespace Server.Engines.OrbRemoteServer
{
class OrbServer
{
private static readonly int SERVER_PORT = 2594;
private static readonly AccessLevel REQUIRED_ACCESS_LEVEL = AccessLevel.GameMaster;
private static readonly string SERVER_VERSION = "";
private static readonly string SERVER_NAME = "UO Architect Server for RunUO 2.0";

Anyways if you know how to fix this Id really appreciate it.