RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO:LBR suxorz

UO:LBR suxorz

The 3D client is fugly. The male player model looks like he has a stick up his ass and all of the models look like a cartoon. Bleh.

Jesus... they sure shat out some serious stink with those MP3's in UO:LBR. The least they could have done is simple record the midi's on a high-end synth and convert them to mp3.

I had no idea OSI had butchered the game so much. But, fortunately, they had enough sense to maintain support for the 2D client.

I think it's tragic that OSI opted to invest in 3D rather than put those resources into improving, what still is, awesome 2D graphics.

I mean, couldn't they have just upgraded the 2D graphics to diablo-like quality and detail?

Tod McFarlane does some great work, but all of it seems utterly foreign to the Ultima world - a world that has always been beautiful and wonderful on its own with Richard Garriot's vision(s).

Kiwi

Knight
I would've really liked to see some new clothes and stuff for 2d, myself :p

I think the worst part of 3d is riding a mount.. it just looks so.. :( :(

Ok, and running on foot... but can it even be considered that, since it looks nothing like it?

A

AlejandroX

I think the 3d client has potential, as logn as a lot of the models and animations can be re-worked.

Lifedragn

Wanderer
I think RP games still look great in 2D. Ive seen a lot of 3D games mess up what couldve been a good graphical experience. And all the time that was put into making it 3d instead of 2d detracts from game quality in some cases.

ervin

Wanderer
I think theres nadda wrong with uo's graphics in 2d client... People will see it and go "shit graphics" sure let them, id prefer the simple uo graphics that are still eye friendly, simple to understand and follow, to a 3d thing with 100000 things going on and to which you need a 7gb just to install... Uo's graphics go great with its gameplay, they just made a 3d cuz all the trams said "ohhh 3d graphics, another safe place to go?! OK! DO IT!"

I would like to see a suit implemented, so you could dress up like james bond or a card dealer heh, waistcoat maybe, and ive seen with inside UO what looks like a bondage kit with leather mask /pants and bustier, and a loin cloth heh :)

Todd mcfarlanes new creaters... well done, he has managed to make things that do not fit into uo at all, like a giant machine like thing, in a world where carriages for horses dont even exist *applauds*
I wouldnt mind to see UO go through a timeline, where new inventions arise, and it keeps on updating till you have guns, or light sabers HEH, then has a timewarp every year, and you go back to the dark ages, so you always have different experiences :)
Maybe finally implementing children characters also :)