RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UOGateway.com updated...

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
UOGateway.com updated...

I know a lot of you are still uogateway fans and I wanted to let you know that we are not going to leave uogateway.com as a holding page. I've been busy and havent had a chance to fully update it but I did at least update the page today so that people really had a chance to know what happened. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like to offer anything to be added to the site.

Ryan

Uogateway is one of those programs that you never forget using. Fixit was/is a great guy that did alot for the community and thanks Ryan/RunUO team for continuing to honor what he and his program has done for UO Emulation.

Soultaker

Sorceror
Awesome thanks Ryan, alot of my players just love uogateway, you guys are great... and i loved how you handled it on the webpage :)

thanks again
Soultaker

Bleach

Knight
Code:
Date Created: [B][COLOR="Red"]Sat Feb 10 [/COLOR][/B]14:50:01 2008

Saturday was the 9th. Not to be a dick or anything.

Awesome news Ryan! I still love UOGateway to this day. I miss it and I hope you guys will be able to get in touch with Mr. Fixit.

Maybe UOGateway can be [res'd thanks to you guys.

aye i hope we can get UOG back, with both UOG and CUO in the mix = better chance of finding good shards and more players finding yours

milva

Sorceror
Thank You Ryan!! And the Runuo Team-so happy to hear that uogateway will not be of the "past"

BladeCraft

Wanderer
None of you really know me but I recently went to UOGateway.com and of course saw your message. I am a Sphere user so I am very familiar with the emulation community.

In the past I had a lot of problems with UOG and their staff. I was basically lied to and my arguments ignored because I debated against their highly dated rules that were preventing my shard from using their program. I moved to CUO after that.

The reason I am posting though is because I really respect what you guys did and are doing. In my limited experiences with RunUO, you guys have been very open to the entire emulator community and really eliminated a lot of the "us against them" mentality program designers usually have.

I hope the best for your project with UOG and I do hope to see Mr. Fixit return to assist and give his blessings to the project. With some luck, hard work, and hopefully a revamp of their old rules/policies, UOG, along with CUO, will be not only a way to connect but THE way to connect.

On behalf of other emulators, thanks :)

Braun

Wanderer
UOG was always a great client. Mr. Fixit put up with a lot of crap from a lot of people and finally he threw his hands in the air and lost all interest. It is sad really, they will be missed.

J MaNN

Wanderer
Bleach;738743 said:
Code:
Date Created: [B][COLOR="Red"]Sat Feb 10 [/COLOR][/B]14:50:01 2008

Saturday was the 9th. Not to be a dick or anything.

Hmm you might want to check that again, you know, not to be a dick or anything.

kat20

Sorceror
J MaNN;740609 said:
No disrespect but umm satarday was the 9th !!! The above was very funny !!!

WarAngel

Wanderer
J MaNN;740609 said:

Wow, what was that for?

coreyb17

Wanderer
ummm

ok so my friend needs uo gateway.
On the connect uo thiong it says that he cant download the shard list. and askes hiom if he wants to get the backup list and he says yes then it doesnt do anything. so how can he get uogateway?

Bleach

Knight
coreyb17;741904 said:
ok so my friend needs uo gateway.
On the connect uo thiong it says that he cant download the shard list. and askes hiom if he wants to get the backup list and he says yes then it doesnt do anything. so how can he get uogateway?

Your problem pertains to issues with ConnectUO.
This is RunUO.
Do you not see anything wrong with posting your issue in a random spot on the RunUO Forums?

Translastion, incase it hasn't clicked in yet, post your problem there.
I'll make it easier for you, just click HERE.

dunhill

Sorceror
Bleach;742082 said:
UOGateway was an excellent program founded by Mr. Fixit who has not been heard from for well over a year. In fact it's been so long that his domain expired and we RunUO picked up the domain on auction for over 3,000.00 dollars to keep it from falling into the hands of rouge individuals who planned to use this domain for malicious purposes.

rouge is some kind of make-up.. :D

the deeply sinister villain is also called rogue

forget my post when you intended to talk about makeup :)

btw... great that you had the winning bid! I always loved uogateway..