RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update...

REDiR2

Sorceror
Windfire said:
You know Ravenal, whenever you capitalize a random word or use a "...", God kills a kitten.

That Is ThE funnIesT shiT I'VE SeEn Yet... I love dogs duDe :)

... well I thInK so anyway...<big grin>

ABCGizmo

Sorceror
How could you not be busy on your server. Plenty of things to do, fix or update. Me im have a good time right now with my server. But thats because I have lots to fix/clean because of our past 3 developers :mad: Anywho guys take your time these guys are obviously not old enough to understand whats going on. Or the true meaning of good things come to those who wait.

Big thanks from our Players and Server for all the hard work and time you guys have put in, so all of us can have that something special to do everyday.

Admin Gizmo

Release ?

Ryan and others, I hope the release comes soon. As i have taken my server down and am building a new server to run it on. and with the delays and setbacks Iknow it will be a while... oh yeah anyone have a laser or Electron microscope laying around ?? LoL im trying to reverse engineer a direct tv P4 and P5 Card LoL

crackrat

Wanderer
lol im really impressed all these people that need runuo 2.0 to be able to script. uh comn guys its not like the language C# has completely changed. im betting less than 10% of the shard owners needing runuo 2.0 to continue the work on thier shards, have recently opened any book concerning the language that it is written in. An even smaller percentage has looked at the changes of .net. Both of these things are pretty much essentual for when runuo 2.0 arrives, to aid in the shards dev understanding what he or she will need to change over to the new core.

there is a term that those of you our there familular with software development have no doubt heard before 'SOON[tm]'. It means when all is said and done and the product is ready, it will then be released. hopefully not any sooner than that .

Meh... personaly i have atleast looked at the .net changes and understand them. Im pretty much constantly trying to develop my understanding of C# and other languages that i feel are important to my development as a programmer. while im waiting im developing tools to aid in my own programming.

Im also doing something way more important im getting away from my computer and enjoying life. truely it is important to every person out there to do. Go breath some fresh air , climb a mountain , or visit the beach. sometime a little of this aids in tasks that we will have once runuo 2.0 is here.

Cerberus

Wanderer
crackrat said:
Im also doing something way more important im getting away from my computer and enjoying life. truely it is important to every person out there to do. Go breath some fresh air , climb a mountain , or visit the beach. sometime a little of this aids in tasks that we will have once runuo 2.0 is here.

SHHHH dont let the Devs hear ya tell us to turn off the PC and go get a life ..... they may even decide to do that themselves and then were all in trouble ;).

llessur1

Wanderer
runuo 2.0

when will it come out the new 2.0 that is runuo server its been 4 months now are we gona be able to down load it would like to no plz
also how does rep power work plz explain

Cerberus

Wanderer
llessur1 said:
when will it come out the new 2.0 that is runuo server its been 4 months now are we gona be able to down load it would like to no plz

Patience young Padawan... go back to post 1 in this thread and all will be clear... It shall be made available when its deemed to be ready for public release.
:) .

crackrat

Wanderer
SHHHH dont let the Devs hear ya tell us to turn off the PC and go get a life ..... they may even decide to do that themselves and then were all in trouble .

lol actually I hope Ryan was out on the lake this last weekend, and that the rest of the dev crew was out doing the things that they can relax doing with thier loved ones. The last dev team i was on we were actually encouraged to take little sabbaticals here and there just to help renew both enthusiasm and creativity. :)

crackrat said:
lol actually I hope Ryan was out on the lake this last weekend, and that the rest of the dev crew was out doing the things that they can relax doing with thier loved ones. The last dev team i was on we were actually encouraged to take little sabbaticals here and there just to help renew both enthusiasm and creativity. :)

++Karma for you.

dashiznit_76

Wanderer
[off topic]Ahhh yes the great outdoors. 90 degree heat, 89% humidity, and mosquitoes...who doesnt want to be outside?
[/off topic]

I have no problems scripting for 1.0 but as it is I've closed my shard until 2.0 comes out just cuz I can {man I'm lazy} I know my players wil be happy when it returns but as they say good things come to those who wait, and this wait can only mean good x10 which to me means greaterrifically awesome. Keep doing what your doing guys(and gals if there are any on the dev team).

raulpica

Wanderer
There many thingz will be already done because of that i wanta Runuo2.0 now!
And it's raulpica that's says that. Now you can release it.

D00D they got me negative karma! They're all bad guys. So plz gimme me good karma so i Can became a good guy Thankz

Ravenal

Knight
Well anyway You think taking down yoru shard for a month or so was okay? I've been waiting for RunUO 2.0 since the day it has started, my shard coding has been halted ever since... Another sense is that the RunUO was changed big time in Core side and along with other parts of the systems of RunUO... It will be quite nice to see the changes have occured sooner or later...

So yeah give them a break ya know... They work hard with RUO2 and also have their own lives to maintain... Hell my wife would KILL me if I spent 90% of my time on RUO or Any projects when she is there for me... She'd be flexiable if I gave a 25-40% of my time to RUO and gave the rest to my wife, then she'd be alittle happier but she'd let me do 100% if she is next to me helping me out :p...

So ya know life is not all about RUO 2.0 its about living it :)

raulpica said:

D00D they got me negative karma! They're all bad guys. So plz gimme me good karma so i Can became a good guy Thankz
English man, English.

Cerberus

Wanderer
raulpica said:

I think on the strength of this post alone im gonna give some positive karma.... But to a member of the dev team... and i think it would be a good idea for everyone to give a member of the dev team some positive karma just for the hell of it and to show a little support.

madphatboy2

Wanderer
Yeah...um...I really don't mean to be an ass here, but have you not read back through the posts? There is no mention as to when it will be released exactly. It was going to be April untill some set backs happened. So at this point we just need to be patient and when it's released, it will be released.

phr3ak

Wanderer
I know i've read them all, I didn't ask them to release it or work faster on it, I just asked to see if if it's worth waiting for the release or work with 1.0 instead

madphatboy2

Wanderer
I suppose that will be a personal decision. I've heard that runuo2.0 will be a kick ass thing. Some people are doing well enough with 1.0 and continue to script on that.

Burner

Sorceror
just wondering..

hey, id just like to say great job on the runuo project to all the dev team members, im sure you all keep updated on this update thread daily, lol, I hope the server repair is going ok. any ways, if possible could u give us another update on the status of things, set backs, or anything else that might help hold over a lot of peoples anticipations? if not thats fine, keep up the great work! ^_^