RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weird bug on 2d classic client!

Bidogo

Sorceror
Hey guys... i'm running a server on runuo 2.1, and i'm got a weird bug going on with 2d clients.
Whenever someone casts a spell... even a bushido or ninjitsu spell, all weapons, shields, everything on hand are unequipped. When i'm playing on enhanced client, none of this happen.
How can i fix this guys? I really like to play the old school client, but it sucks to combat with my weapons dropping to bag at every cast!

Hammerhand

Knight
The weapons & shields dont have Spell Channeling. With Spell Channeling, the weapons & shields arent unequipped when casting spells.

Bidogo

Sorceror
The weapons & shields dont have Spell Channeling. With Spell Channeling, the weapons & shields arent unequipped when casting spells.

spell channeling affects bushido and ninjutsu as well? if so.... why i don't have this problem on the 3d client?
Thanks for the fast answer hammerhand!

Dian

Sorceror
The 3D client is old, and probably safe to say buggy at this point. I am not sure its been updated in a long time either.. might be wrong, cause I have not messed with the 3D client in years and years..

But that is an interesting deal.. almost like an exploit

What are the client versions of the 2 and 3D clients, and RunUO server version you are using.? And, are you using distro wepons, or are they custom/modified in any way?

pooka01

Sorceror
If you use razor to launch it did you look at "unequip to cast spells" option checked anywhere?
This might be the cause of the problem.

Bidogo

Sorceror
If you use razor to launch it did you look at "unequip to cast spells" option checked anywhere?
This might be the cause of the problem.

LoL thank you very much pooka01, that was exactly what i was doing! I feel so stupid rofl
thanks guys!