RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your setup?

Progenics

Wanderer
What's your setup?

Hello

I'm thinking in the lines of buying a new computer and I would like to know what kind of setups you use? I think this could be of great use to many people.

The info that's interesting is:

Number of items.
Number of mobiles.
Average number of players.

-----------------------------------------

Motherboard - The modelnumber.
Processor - Speed and specs.
Memory - Speed and amount.
HD - Speed, type and size (not that size really matters) ;)
Connection - Type and bandwidth (up/down, preferably in bits). I know this one is not that important when deciding on what computer to buy, but what the heck.

Graphics card, sound and so on is not included for obvious reasons.
-----------------------------------------

I'll start off with my planned specs.

Motherboard - Probably a fairly inexpensive socket 478 board. Possibly a MSI 865PE NEO2, maybe a better one, but I think this one would cover my needs.
Processor - P4, 3GHz, 800Mhz bus, 1MB cache, (Prescott).
Memory - 2x 512MB, PC3200, 400MHz (Using 512 sticks so that I'll be able to upgrade if needed.
HD - 2x 120GB, SATA, 8MB cache, 7200RPM.
Connection - Fiberoptic 10Mb up/down.

Theres a slight chance I might go with a 64bit platform, probably an AMD if I do, but right now I dont think it's worth it, but it might be worth it if you think about the differance once MS releases a new OS.

Anyways, tell me what you got! And feel free to comment on my system, would you do anything differently?

Edit: I forgot maybe the most important question, is your system keeping up with the amount of players and items in the world?