RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do I feel like I'm being stalked?

acalden87

Wanderer
Every time I have used runuo or their forums I eventually start to notice strange behavior from my computer such as the internet locking up when surfing or trying to listen to internet radio and various random events where my computer becomes very slow when preforming general tasks. This only occurs when I visit this site. After I reformat and over write the drive its ok for a little while but even if I don't come back to the site it still starts happening. I think its because someone gets your ip from this site. Possibly a mod or maybe it's Ryan... or maybe it's the secret service investigating possible contributors to the runuo terrorist organisation.

daat99

Staff member
OMG you found out the super secret we are keeping for the last 120 years!!! (yes, I know the internet doesn't exist that long... this is called sarcasm).

On a more serious note here are a few things that can cause this behavior:
1. Your bios may be infected with a virus - in this case format won't help you get rid of it, you need to flash a new uninfected bios.
2. You OS installation CD may be infected with a virus - in this case you are just infecting yourself when you're installing it again.
3. One of the programs you are always installing is infected with a virus - in this case you are just infecting yourself when you're installing it again.
4. You have hardware issue that needs to be fixed (malfunctioning power supply can cause issues like that too, not just memory/cpu/motherboard).
5. You visit a website that is infected with a virus (considering you are the only RunUO visitor who has this issue than it's likely some other website).