RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is there a political banner on the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Why is there a political banner on the forum?

A few of our community members have decided to let me know just how much they do not like the choice of putting a political banner on a forum they use for entertainment or gaming.

If this was four eight or twelve years ago I might agree with them even still but I feel like we are at a cross roads here. I feel like our country really needs to make some changes and do something different to restore the faith of the world in America. We used to be loved by other countries but now we are despised...

We used to use words like Constitution, Democracy, Liberty and Freedom and they used to mean something. In today's America they do not. We are not living in a country that our founding fathers would be proud of. We have been lied to, we have been constantly losing freedoms and we are now at a point where we have to make a change for the betterment of this country. This election is the most important election of my lifetime. This election actually has the chance to mean something.

Before I actually did some research into who Ron Paul was he was not my first choice. In fact my first choice was a Democrat. I did some research and reading and I've come to identify more with Ron Paul than I ever have with any other presidential candidate and my fear is that people do not know who he is. My fear is that this country will never get a man like him to be the President of the United States of America and that to me is a shame.

We are at a tipping point... we are standing on the edge of irreparable damage to our country through bad foreign policy and uncontrolled spending. It's time that we make a change to make this country the great place it once was. I am not saying we need to make a change to make us the top super power again... I'm saying that we need to make a change to make us loved once again.

As a country we need to focus on doing the right thing... we need to make America loved again... Ron Paul (nor any other candidate) will not be able to do this over night but I strongly feel that he is the only candidate for which making this change is truly important. He really wants’ to fix our reputation and bring us back into good standing with the world.

Look I am not trying to shove this down anyone's throat... this is simply the only way that I can truly offer this information to a large number of people and do my "part". Politics are never friendly unfortunately but I've done my best here. We're not banning anyone who dislikes Ron Paul... we're not ignoring the concerns that come about and we damn sure are not trying to make any of our users angry.

I can't believe how close minded people are... how people act as though we are trying to shove this down their throat. You have a choice here people this is not a pop up or pop under... all you have to do is ignore it. It's not as though we've decided that you have to support Ron Paul to use RunUO.... We're just trying to show people something different.

Please understand that we are not making this choice to offer the chance to educate yourself on someone you've likely not heard of just to upset you. We understand that politics are a touchy subject and we're deeply sorry if any of you are offended.

That said we will not be removing the banner. We will be leaving it there to hopefully allow at least one more person to educate themselves and see just who Ron Paul is and how much hope there really is for this country. Anyone who does their own research will likely be shocked when they realize how amazing it is to hear a politician tell the truth... and have the same beliefs and principals he had 20 years ago.

Your choice as a RunUO user is very simple... you can use the site and like it... you can use the site and hate it or you cannot use the site. That choice is up to you... it's not being forced upon you.

Everyone here hopes that everyone chooses to stay... I personally think this is a big deal and I really hope that we've reached at least one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.