RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild Horse That Poops

Wild Horse That Poops

Wild Horse That Poops (not to be confused with Mister Ed)

I had this idea and did some searching and found that other people had done the same thing. But getting the script was impossible. I used all the information I could find available and for 4 long days figured out the rest of the code myself. The soiling and renaming of the mobile shoes was extremely difficult for me lol.

The Wildhorse is set to poop every minute or so, but can be adjusted easily (I marked the spot in the script). I have mine set for every 45 minutes. The poop comes in 3 different randomly choosen colors. I adjusted the cloud (from when it is thrown), and made the hue green lol. When working on the script I found a shoe cleaning kit submitted by Admin Samuel of the Lost Worlds. I thought it was an awsome idea and adjusted my scripts to use his kit. I have included that script and made sure his name was in it. I hope that doesn't cause a problem. The only downfall is I couldn't figure out how to script the poop to soil a shirt or robe. Which really sucks cause Samuel also has a nice Shout kit for cleaning clothes lol. Please don't bash me if u feel the scripts are similar in some (or a lot of) ways to u'rs. I spent a lot of time on the things I could not find in the forums. Enjoy!!!! :)

Attachments

• Wildhorse That Poops.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 530

Draxus

Wanderer
hahahaha I had a script like this but it sucked terribly, somethin called a Sticky horse or w/e. It was supposed to poop, but never did. I mainly wanted it to add a little reality to the shard, when everyone gathers at the bank with their horses. . . They have to watch out for their random dung piles ;) . Gonna check this one out, hopefully this one works. Thx for sharin

Thanks, yea it works real well. BTW did u mean sloppy horse? Cause I got my first ideas from that script in the help area of the forum. Let me know if there are any problems but there shouldn't be I tested it 3 times lol. I hope u like it.

about the soiling of clothes you might try making it temporarily hue clothing and armor the hue of the poop for like 5 seconds or something altho i dont know how easy it would be to get the clothing and armor to turn back to the last hue it was set at.

The problem is the code I've been trying to use has been very unsuccessful. So I haven't been able to script it yet, any ideas?

Viago

Knight
verry odd in deed.....lol though it does add reality to the shard.

maybe add a package like Dragon, drake, nightmare and deer pebbles?

also, have u tried to make it decay if its not picked up? just in case yaknow? dont wat 700,000 or so that dont decay that nobay wants lol if it dont alrady lol

neat though

S

Seven

hmm... there is a script that already does this in the subscriber section :)
poops and you can set it on fire or through it at others.
(Sorry I can not give it to you - if you want it, u must donate ;) )

Oh I'm sry I forgot to mention that. Yes it does decay on a timer. And as far as lighting it on fire...I didn't do that with this script cause it can be thrown, but I'm working on another script that is similar where u can light it on fire and more. I'll give the other details when I release it, but it is pretty good. Oh yea and by the way...I did subscribe as Genaro for a year but my account was completely blocked and couldn't get anyone to respond by email. :( I couldn't even post a message.

I seem to have a problem with the poop and non-Player mobiles
it seems that since they don't have shoes the server crashes whenever a creature walks on the poop.
Any ideas on how to fix this or maybe it's something else I'm not seeing

Error code on crashlog

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Items.Shitpile.OnMoveOver(Mobile from)
at Server.Mobile.Move(Direction d)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMoveImpl(Direction d)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d, Boolean badStateOk)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.WalkRandom(Int32 iChanceToNotMove, Int32 iChanceToDir, Int32 iSteps)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.WalkRandomInHome(Int32 iChanceToNotMove, Int32 iChanceToDir, Int32 iSteps)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoActionWander()
at Server.Mobiles.AnimalAI.DoActionWander()
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.Think()
at Server.Mobiles.AITimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

LordDarkScythe - Crash Error

Thanks for your report LordDarkSythe. I have fixed the error and reposted the scripts. I also update it so that when the poop is thrown at a player it is a criminal act and stains the persons pants or shirt (without a crash when not wearing them). Thanks to KillerBeeZ for helping me with that part of the script! I also included Admin Samuel's Shout cleaner to wash out the clothing stains. Had to modify it slightly to fit the wildhorse script.

Stable Quest Idea

Maybe we can use Viago's Trash Token System for starters. And modify it to fit the Stable Quest? I'll look into it.

JordanK

Wanderer
Wow, this sounds interesting. May be a little late for my comments but I just noticed this. Thanks, now I can cover my roads in piles of sh*t! :D

snapdragon76

Wanderer
Very nice script but I noticed that if you double click the pileofshit then target an invalid target like the ground it gives you this message "You can only throw a snowball at something that can throw one back".So here is what I changed to get the right message.

In shitpile.cs change this:

else
{
from.SendLocalizedMessage( 1005577 );

To this or whatever you want the message to be:

else
{
from.SendMessage( "You can only throw a shitball at something that can throw one back." );

Reply to Snapdragon76

Cool THX I didn't notice it. I also found out if u try to pack another ball too soon it says snowpile. So I made the adjustments. Here is the update script:

Attachments

• Shitpile.cs
    4 KB · Views: 47

Freya

Wanderer
Hi, I noticed a slight bug involved the shout cleaner.... when you use it on anything renamed thats soiled, it takes on the original item name, for example... if used on some custom magic leather leggings, after using the cleaner, the leggings go back to "Leather leggings" name but they keep the attributes still, so it looks a bit odd... is there anyway to fix it to keep the items name? Thanks!

joshw

Sorceror
OK added something to this since your boots get dirty while on a mount it didnt make sense so i edited so that if mounted boots or shoes or what ever wont get dirty only when your not mounted will this affect your shoes

Code:
public override bool OnMoveOver( Mobile from )
	{ 
                if ( from.Mounted )
		{
			from.SendMessage( "your mount has just stepped in some shit" ); // You cannot use this while riding a mount
		}
                else
                {
		  Item feet = from.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.Shoes );
		  if (feet != null)
		  {
		    feet.Hue = 1161;
		    feet.Name = "Shoes Covered In Crap";
		  }
		  Effects.PlaySound( from.Location, from.Map, 1064);
		  from.SendMessage( "You steped in some Shit! I suggest finding a shoe shine kit!" );
                }  
		  return true;
	}