RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XmlSockets

ArteGordon

Wanderer
updated to version 1.08a

from the changelog

New to v1.08a
updated 4/13/05
- added a new powerscroll transmutation recipe to the BoxOfTransmutation that takes any 3 powerscrolls of the same level, along with a legendary diamond, legendary ruby, and legendary emerald, and creates a new random powerscroll of the same level.

- added some recipes for transmuting large and small BODs. Transmuting a small BOD and 2000 gp will give you a new random small BOD of the same type. Transmuting 20000 gp and a large BOD will give you a random large BOD of the same type.

- the XmlMobFactions recipes are now properly commented out for those that arent using that system.

Miles84

Wanderer
I think it would be cool if the weapons showed on the bottom how many sockets open and what are in them...similar to the diablo 2 style socket system...

tbbd

Wanderer
I just have a functionality question about this script (I posted in another thread, but was advised to reply to this one, so you might see it in another place)

In order for this attachments addon to work properly(without editing anything out) you have to install the custom attacks addon also

If you take out the runeaugments.cs file, edit the loot.cs to comment out the rune part, and do not install the custom attacks...what do you use the attachments for? What other purpose is there for having a socketed weapon/armor? And what is the socketed animals, basically what happens when you put attachments on animals (and do you still have to add the custom attacks in for them?)

I just wanted to get a better understanding of how the system actually plays so I know if something I want to add.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
tbbd said:
I just have a functionality question about this script (I posted in another thread, but was advised to reply to this one, so you might see it in another place)

In order for this attachments addon to work properly(without editing anything out) you have to install the custom attacks addon also

If you take out the runeaugments.cs file, edit the loot.cs to comment out the rune part, and do not install the custom attacks...what do you use the attachments for? What other purpose is there for having a socketed weapon/armor? And what is the socketed animals, basically what happens when you put attachments on animals (and do you still have to add the custom attacks in for them?)

I just wanted to get a better understanding of how the system actually plays so I know if something I want to add.
if you leave out the runeaugments and the custom attacks, it just leaves out a small select set of augmentations. It has nothing to do with the general socket/augmentation system which will work perfectly well without them. You will still have all of the other existing augmentations available, and you can add as many additional custom augmentations as you like.
The general attachment system is maintained by the xmlspawner2 package which is why you have to have that installed.

(edit)
adding sockets and augmentations to creatures allows you to bump specific stats and abilities the same way that you can for armor/weaps/jewelry. The actual effect depends on the specific augmentation. You can design them to have whatever effect you want on whatever kind of target you want.

ssalter

Account Terminated
Augmentation Transmutation

I didn't see a post referencing this but forgive me if I missed it.

BoxOfTransmutation.cs

Amethysts missing from UpgradeAncientAugment and UpgradeLegendaryAugment recipes.

In UpgradeLegendaryAugment, it should drop a MythicRuby rather than Legendary.

Also, it might be nice to be able to "lock" a box of transmutation if one person is using it. Then, public transmutations boxes can be available and no one has to worry about someone grabbing their "to be converted" items or the end result. Not sure if this is feasible or desirable but it is a thought.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
ssalter said:
I didn't see a post referencing this but forgive me if I missed it.

BoxOfTransmutation.cs

Amethysts missing from UpgradeAncientAugment and UpgradeLegendaryAugment recipes.

In UpgradeLegendaryAugment, it should drop a MythicRuby rather than Legendary.

Also, it might be nice to be able to "lock" a box of transmutation if one person is using it. Then, public transmutations boxes can be available and no one has to worry about someone grabbing their "to be converted" items or the end result. Not sure if this is feasible or desirable but it is a thought.
thanks, I'll check that out. I also like the idea of locking the contents to the player who did the transmuting.

ssalter

Account Terminated
Showing Skill bonuses

When adding an augment such as the glimmering bloodrock that adds +5 healing, I've noticed that when equipping the augmented armor, no 'bonus' to healing is displayed when equipping the item nor does the skill show a diiference when viewed in skill panel. I would have expected to see "...blah blah, you healing has increased by 5, it is now....blah blah" and when un-equipping, the reverse message.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
ssalter said:
When adding an augment such as the glimmering bloodrock that adds +5 healing, I've noticed that when equipping the augmented armor, no 'bonus' to healing is displayed when equipping the item nor does the skill show a diiference when viewed in skill panel. I would have expected to see "...blah blah, you healing has increased by 5, it is now....blah blah" and when un-equipping, the reverse message.
hmm. When I do it I see the "Your skill in Healing has increased by 5.0% blah blah" message and the reverse when unequipping, and the skill increase shows up in the skill panel as well. Are you sure that you arent at the cap? In that case no message is shown and no skill increase will be registered.

ssalter

Account Terminated
Aha! That must be it. Didn't think of that, thanks. I guess I was thinking it would push skill up past cap as some skill bonus items do.

ArteGordon said:
hmm. When I do it I see the "Your skill in Healing has increased by 5.0% blah blah" message and the reverse when unequipping, and the skill increase shows up in the skill panel as well. Are you sure that you arent at the cap? In that case no message is shown and no skill increase will be registered.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
ssalter said:
Aha! That must be it. Didn't think of that, thanks. I guess I was thinking it would push skill up past cap as some skill bonus items do.
yeah, the augment just assigns a standard SkillBonus slot on the item, so it will behave just like any other item that has a skill bonus.

poetawd

Wanderer
Hi,

Arte,

I LOVE your scripts! I really do !!! i´m your fan !!

But yesterday, when I was trying to istall the xml sockets i got this error:

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Scripts\spellcraft\BagOfResources.cs: CS0101: (line 16, column
 18) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'BagOfResour
ces'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

I have tried to rename everything inside the file but, I´M NEWBIE !!

do you ave any suggestions??

Because I really want to implement XML SOCKETS in my shard !!!!

Thanx

ArteGordon

Wanderer
poetawd said:
Hi,

Arte,

I LOVE your scripts! I really do !!! i´m your fan !!

But yesterday, when I was trying to istall the xml sockets i got this error:

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Scripts\spellcraft\BagOfResources.cs: CS0101: (line 16, column
 18) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'BagOfResour
ces'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

I have tried to rename everything inside the file but, I´M NEWBIE !!

do you ave any suggestions??

Because I really want to implement XML SOCKETS in my shard !!!!

Thanx

sounds like you have another system that has an item called BagOfResources in it.
The XmlSockets BagOfResources is not really critical to the sockets system, so you could just delete the BagOfResources.cs script.
It was just an illustration of how you could make different kinds of transmutation containers.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
poetawd said:
but if I delete it the system gives me A LOT of errors...

:-(

not the one from the other system, get rid of the one in the XmlSockets package. You should be able to compile just fine without it.

poetawd

Wanderer
Hi arte,

I´m in love with your script , it´s really awesome !!

But I dont get how to make a item socketable,

let´s say that I want to make the plate chest with 4 sockets

Code:
using System;
using Server.Items;

namespace Server.Items
{
	[FlipableAttribute( 0x1415, 0x1416 )]
	public class PlateChest : BaseArmor
	{
		public override int BasePhysicalResistance{ get{ return 5; } }
		public override int BaseFireResistance{ get{ return 3; } }
		public override int BaseColdResistance{ get{ return 2; } }
		public override int BasePoisonResistance{ get{ return 3; } }
		public override int BaseEnergyResistance{ get{ return 2; } }

public override int InitMinHits{ get{ return 50; } }
		public override int InitMaxHits{ get{ return 65; } }

public override int AosStrReq{ get{ return 95; } }
		public override int OldStrReq{ get{ return 60; } }

public override int OldDexBonus{ get{ return -8; } }

public override int ArmorBase{ get{ return 40; } }

public override ArmorMaterialType MaterialType{ get{ return ArmorMaterialType.Plate; } }

[Constructable]
		public PlateChest() : base( 0x1415 )
		{
			Weight = 10.0;
		}

public PlateChest( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
		{
		}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
		{
			base.Serialize( writer );
			writer.Write( (int) 0 );
		}

public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
		{
			base.Deserialize( reader );
			int version = reader.ReadInt();

if ( Weight == 1.0 )
				Weight = 10.0;	
        }
	}
}

where do i add this code??

Code:
           XmlAttach.AttachTo(this, new XmlSocketable(4, SkillName.Tinkering, 100.0, typeof(IronIngot), 500));

thnkx

E

Ed_Elric

i have no idea what this is for something to do with full metal alchemist transmutations who knows

ArteGordon

Wanderer
poetawd said:
Hi arte,

I´m in love with your script , it´s really awesome !!

But I dont get how to make a item socketable,

let´s say that I want to make the plate chest with 4 sockets

Code:
using System;
using Server.Items;

namespace Server.Items
{
	[FlipableAttribute( 0x1415, 0x1416 )]
	public class PlateChest : BaseArmor
	{
		public override int BasePhysicalResistance{ get{ return 5; } }
		public override int BaseFireResistance{ get{ return 3; } }
		public override int BaseColdResistance{ get{ return 2; } }
		public override int BasePoisonResistance{ get{ return 3; } }
		public override int BaseEnergyResistance{ get{ return 2; } }

public override int InitMinHits{ get{ return 50; } }
		public override int InitMaxHits{ get{ return 65; } }

public override int AosStrReq{ get{ return 95; } }
		public override int OldStrReq{ get{ return 60; } }

public override int OldDexBonus{ get{ return -8; } }

public override int ArmorBase{ get{ return 40; } }

public override ArmorMaterialType MaterialType{ get{ return ArmorMaterialType.Plate; } }

[Constructable]
		{
			Weight = 10.0;
		}

public PlateChest( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
		{
		}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
		{
			base.Serialize( writer );
			writer.Write( (int) 0 );
		}

public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
		{
			base.Deserialize( reader );
			int version = reader.ReadInt();

if ( Weight == 1.0 )
				Weight = 10.0;	
        }
	}
}

where do i add this code??

Code:
           XmlAttach.AttachTo(this, new XmlSocketable(4, SkillName.Tinkering, 100.0, typeof(IronIngot), 500));

thnkx

you can put it in the constructor.

Code:
[Constructable]
		{
			Weight = 10.0;
[color=red]// add it in here[/color]
		}

(edit)

note, you could also just spawn the item with the attachment, like
Code:
platechest/ATTACH/xmlsocketable,4,Tinkering,100,IronIngot,100
That way you dont have to do any script modifications.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Ed_Elric said:
i have no idea what this is for something to do with full metal alchemist transmutations who knows

It is a system that allows you to enhance the attributes of items and mobs by adding special objects to them called augmentations (like special gems). You put these augmentations into things called sockets. So an object with sockets can be augmented to enhance its attributes.

Check out the summary and features description for more details.

poetawd

Wanderer
ArteGordon said:
you can put it in the constructor.

Code:
[Constructable]
		{
			Weight = 10.0;
[color=red]// add it in here[/color]
		}

(edit)

note, you could also just spawn the item with the attachment, like
Code:
platechest/ATTACH/xmlsocketable,4,Tinkering,100,IronIngot,100
That way you dont have to do any script modifications.

Yep, but I want all the platemails to have space to isert sockets,,, :)

thank you very much...