RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A_Li_N's Paintball

Saxum

Wanderer
Any screenshot of it? Would be appreciated as I don't wanna implent such a big script without knowing how it looks. Also to see how it works in live

A_Li_N

Knight
Saxum said:
Any screenshot of it? Would be appreciated as I don't wanna implent such a big script without knowing how it looks. Also to see how it works in live
I do not have a shard, and don't have a system to run enough UO's to give a good screenshot...also, there's really not much to shoot :)
Here's what it looks like, and maybe someone that has tested it on a full shard could post a SS.

1 Stone that is the starting point. 1 Scoreboard that is (currently) placed above the stone.
Players are split to 2-4 teams. Team 1 is red, Team 2 is Blue, Team 3 is Green, Team 4 is Yellow (if i remember right lol)
Each team member carries a bow and armor of their team colors. As they get shot, their armors start turning different colors (the other team colors, depending on who shot them) When their chest armor is colored a different color (chest is the last piece to 'go') they are removed from the game. The bows stay the same color so as to identify what team they are on (might add in a cape to do this as well later)

That's about all you really see :D But maybe someone could post a SS of it in action?

What about Team specific Exit points.

like If someone is on the blue team and gets knocked out, they go to the blue exit point and wait. etc

A_Li_N

Knight
QuIcK_FiNgErS said:
What about Team specific Exit points.

like If someone is on the blue team and gets knocked out, they go to the blue exit point and wait. etc
I'll see what I can do.

A_Li_N

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
Isn't the exit point on the stone? Should be able to change the location of the exit from there.
He was meaning each team has seperate exit points...shouldn't be too hard to add...just need 4 more ints :)

salvation

Wanderer
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 5/03/2005 21:24:27
Mobiles: 19174
Items: 126130
Clients:
- Count: 8
+ *****: (account = ****) (mobile = 0x92F 'slesher')
+ *****: (account = ****) (mobile = 0x5D7F 'JeSus ChriSt')
+ *****: (account = ****) (mobile = 0x450C 'Slayer of The Dark')
+ *****: (account = ****) (mobile = 0x4F46 'Ketherel')
+ *****: (account = ****) (mobile = 0x23F0A 'Uchiha Itachi')
+ *****: (account = ****) (mobile = 0x221A 'BoldOne')
+ *****: (account = ****) (mobile = 0xA2E9 'Bella')
+ *****: (account = ****) (mobile = 0x4FAC 'RawR')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBWeapon.AbsorbDamage(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender, Int32 damage)
at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBWeapon.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender)
at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBWeapon.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender)
at Server.CombatTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

A_Li_N

Knight
Updated to fix crash above. See main thread for other info. Make sure you don't have games running when you update.

salvation

Wanderer
- Error: Scripts\Paintball\PBGameItem.cs: CS0103: (line 156, column 8) The name 'm_ScoreBoard' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Games.PaintBall.PBGameItem'

sbn

Wanderer
I've got a little question.
Why do's it change so mutch skill to gm? And why do's it do that? You don't realy need it. In what script can I change this?

P.S.:It's a very nice script.

Greatings sbn. :eek:

sbn

It makes everyones skills the same so no one has an advantage over another player. The skills are then put to nornal at the end of the game. There is no need to change it.

salvation

Wanderer
Server Crash Report
===================

Time: 6/03/2005 21:55:37
Mobiles: 19221
Items: 128994
Clients:
- Count: 7

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBGameItem.KillPlayer(Mobile player)
at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBWeapon.AbsorbDamage(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender, Int32 damage)
at Server.Timer.Slice()

( ride a llama. than unmoun ti... than go while in paintball on it and it will crash the shard. dammit!

A_Li_N

Knight
salvation said:
Server Crash Report
===================

Time: 6/03/2005 21:55:37
Mobiles: 19221
Items: 128994
Clients:
- Count: 7

Exception:
at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBGameItem.KillPlayer(Mobile player)
at Server.Timer.Slice()

( ride a llama. than unmoun ti... than go while in paintball on it and it will crash the shard. dammit!

As far as I know, this game is not effected by mounts. There is no code to suggest that it is. What it looks like to me is that when the player was killed, he didn't have a cloak on, which means you probably upgraded painball scripts in the middle of a game. I've updated with some more checks. Hopefully it will keep from crashing. If your players do not have a bow or a cloak when they are killed, then it will probably break the game, (won't decrement the teams) but shouldn't crash the server. Check main thread for the update

A_Li_N

Knight
salvation said:
no its not that. but doesnt mather... ill change it with ethereal so they cant attack the things...
I think I understand now...I'll take a look at it after class. Think I know what's happening. It crashes when someone attacks a llama with their paint gun? (Or any other type of creature)....shouldn't be too hard to fix.