RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A_Li_N's Paintball

A_Li_N

Knight
koluch said:
I really like this and think our players would enjoy it.
Quick Question:
I ran a test on our backup server, everything worked great, EXCEPT...
When the game ended and went to look in my bank, there was a black PaintBall Game bag there, no items, not movable. Message said container can not hold anymore items.
Any thoughts?
It is very hard to run a multi test like this so its quite possible it is something very simple Ive missed or screwed up:/

Another very nice script A li N.
I'll look into it after class, but to my knowledge, the bag worked fine. I'll double check though. Thanks.

flowerbudd

Sorceror
I have players complaining about the way the skills round down when they are set back after the game, is there a way to either make it round up or go back to what it was exactly? I can't find where it even does this in the script

A_Li_N

Knight
flowerbudd said:
I have players complaining about the way the skills round down when they are set back after the game, is there a way to either make it round up or go back to what it was exactly? I can't find where it even does this in the script
I'll update the script. I probably used ints instead of doubles.

Shandril

Wanderer
After messaging A Li N about this and getting their permission...here are 2 addons I made for this an arena and start area you can place them anywhere :)

Attachments

• pbstartAddon.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 92

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Code:
Exception:
System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
   at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBPlayerStorage.Restore()
   at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBGameItem.EndGame()
   at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

darksatan

Wanderer
Exception:
System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBPlayerStorage.Restore()
at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()

To Fix this Crash Error you need to go into ../Custom/PBPlayerStored and in the

Serialize

Change

Code:
for( int i = 0; i < StoredSkills.Count; i++ )
				writer.Write( (double)StoredSkills[i] );

To

Code:
for( int i = 0; i < StoredSkills.Count; i++ )
				writer.Write( (int)StoredSkills[i] );

Now in Deserialize

Change

Code:
for( int i = 0; i < Count; i++ )
				StoredSkills.Add( reader.ReadDouble() );

To

Code:
for( int i = 0; i < Count; i++ )
				StoredSkills.Add( reader.ReadInt() );

Now In Restore Change
Code:
m_Owner.Skills[PowerScroll.Skills[i]].Base = (double)StoredSkills[i];

To

Code:
m_Owner.Skills[PowerScroll.Skills[i]].Base = (int)StoredSkills[i];

This will stop the crash after the game has ended, and restore all players back to Orginal Skills and stats

darksatan

Wanderer
i see one bug with the system and to let people know that if you get a client crash and the games ends all the skills and stats will stay at 100...

A_Li_N

Knight
Updated.

Changelog:
  • Took out a list that kept track of PlayerStorage. Replaced it with actual items that are placed in the bankbox.
  • Game now sets all skills to 0, then sets just a few up (Archery, Tactics, ArmsLore, Meditation, Focus) up to 100. These are the only ones that will be used in Paintball, and it will make people use their storages after the game.
  • Fixed a couple small bugs I found and hopefully some that people reported.
Changed Files:
PBGameItem.cs
PBPlayerStorage.cs

I have practiced with 4 people on two teams. All their skills/stats were stored in the storage chips in the bank. Restored before save, after save, and after reload of world.

This update will require you to delete the stones (yes, I know I could have prevented this, but I just didn't :)) so make sure you have finished any games in progress.

Please report any bugs you may find.

Cole

Wanderer
Downloaded it.. My players love it!

Only one problem.. Seems Everyone got a free GM Arms Lore skill out of playing...

Sunshine

Wanderer
We added this to our test shard to test it out and see how it worked brfore adding it to the public shard.
We created the arena ect when I clicked the stone at the end of the game the shard crashed

Server Crash Report
===================
RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 28.7.2005 15:48:49
Mobiles: 9042
Items: 141642
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ 82.xxx.xxx.xxx: (account = xxxx) (mobile = 0xD 'xxxx')
+ 82.xxx.xxx.xxx: (account = yyyy) (mobile = 0x6 'yyyy')
Exception:
System.MissingMethodException: No parameterless constructor defined for this object.
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBGameItem.GivePrizes(Mobile pm)
at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBGMGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()

Thanks for your help

Alis

Wanderer
Well uptill today we had no problem with the defualt script did you edit the script potentially > ?

Sunshine

Wanderer
We have no edited in any way the scripts..just droped into customes...and If I was not so stupid I could prolly offer more help in solving this but I am afraid I am ignorant to this stuff..:(

A_Li_N

Knight
Sunshine said:
We added this to our test shard to test it out and see how it worked brfore adding it to the public shard.
We created the arena ect when I clicked the stone at the end of the game the shard crashed
Are you able to reproduce the crash? If so, run your shard in -debug mode (simply add the '-debug' to the end of the shortcut target without the quotes) and post the crash log.

I have never seen this type of error before, and have no knowledge of what causes it (yet). I will be away for a week, but if it's not resolved by that time, I'll take a look at it.

Tannis

Knight
I downloaded this the other day, made it crash and was able to reproduce it, but I think it's more our shards problem then the script's problem. We added a token check to the prizes list, clicked start game, someone joined it, and we clicked start again. When it tried to (I assume) add the token check to the winning players pack, it crashed. We clicked start 2 times because we didn't know how to use it yet. I think we got it figured out by now. This is a great script and I especially love the skill chip. I've been wanting something like that for sooo long for events, and the whole time this system was here under my nose :)

Alis

Wanderer
found some bugs in the game .. well whenever the game starts the players whoe ever enterd the game becomes player killer status with 10 kills is this a bug ? and another thing during the game if a player logs out and enters the game his durability armours are not effected. which this is another bug thanks alin a great script

Tannis

Knight
The 10 kills isn't a bug, it's set that way so everyone is red for the game. If they use the skill chip in their bank, they will go back to being blue again.

irishdog

Sorceror
Crashed when you try move someone who enters the game and the game hasnt started yet.

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 8/7/2005 5:55:26 AM
Mobiles: 1240
Items: 57988
Clients:
- Count: 3
+ 68.85.84.186: (account = goblin768) (mobile = 0x57E 'Devil')
+ 83.71.101.242: (account = a) (mobile = 0x7F 'Admin irishdog')
+ 220.238.188.218: (account = drel) (mobile = 0xAB 'dark reaper')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Games.PaintBall.PBGameItem.OnLocationChange(Point3D oldLoc)
   at Server.Item.MoveToWorld(Point3D location, Map map)
   at Server.Targets.MoveTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object o)
   at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()

Alis

Wanderer
what about during the game the players log off and he logs on he doesnt get hited by other players.. this is a bug