RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breedable Domestic Creatures

jesse

Sorceror
Breedable Domestic Creatures

first off, I want to say thank you thank you thankyouthankyouthankyou to Raelis. ever since I was first introduced to the official ultima online many many years ago I felt what the system really needed was animals that could grow up and breed, but I never though enough other people would feel the same way to make that ideal a reality. I would never have been enough of a script writer to create them myself, and you're the one that made them happen. you were the first, and that takes alot more hard work, courage and dedication than all the rest of us, that just use the codes you uncovered and twist them around in new ways.

Wahahahaha! yes! thanks to Hotshot's Evo Demons, I have now found how to give all of the domestic creatures the same KP Command.

so, ever since the first Evolution Dragon was released I've been familiarizing myself with the scripts, tweaking them and eventually editing them a bit. for those of you who don’t know: evos are creature types that gain some form of points when they fight, go through different "levels" or "growth stages" depending on how many points they have, and eventually become breedable.

What is a Domestic Creature? Domestic creatures are taken from the original Evolutionary Dragon scripts. Each one has its own personalized number of growth stages and kp requirements. I spent a lot of time trying to balance them so that they wont be impossibly hard to level, but still keep them challenging depending on how powerful they are. these were not made to be incredibly powerful, they were made to be fun. each creature is based on a normal creature. for example, a Domestic Rat is just a little bit more powerful than a Giant Rat once its fully trained. the least powerful creatures can easily become fully trained in one days worth of training (the chicken can be fully trained in one hours worth of training), where the most powerful creature (the dragon) will take numerous months to train. this way every player can have fun with an evo, even if they aren’t That serious a player. these creatures are fully capable of co-existing with any other creatures you might already have on your shard.

What makes a Domestic Creature so special? alright, getting down to the technical details. I cleaned up these scripts as well as I know how and I wasn’t exactly keeping a list while I was doing it, so here’s listing the points I can think of:

Domestic Creatures only have one timer in them and that is the mating timer. This timer keeps the female animal pregnant for a specified period of time so people cant just get 100 dragon eggs in one day (or any other eggs for that matter).

All of the creatures produce "Eggs". they are officially labeled "egg" so that staff can find them easily. to players, the creatures that do not naturally produce eggs produce Baskets. (even though the item is called "A Pup Basket" in game, its official name is still "DomesticWolfEgg".

All eggs have catches on them that will check the owners taming skill and max followers. these catches make sure that eggs will not hatch if players do not have enough follower slots or taming skill for the pet.

When any egg hatches, that pet is automatically bonded to its owner. If that bond is broken, the pet will bond like any other pet.

some of the creatures diferenteate between male and female characteristics. for example, an adult male cow has the image of a bull, and will gain higher strength bonuses than the female cow.

immature animals will produce less meat/hides/feathers/scales/ect than adult animals.

Each creature type also has a "mom" of that type. the "mom" creature is a copy of the normal creature type with the highest stats and skills possible for that type. Mom creatures have a percentile chance at carrying an egg for their particular species. I have chosen to hue the mothers the same color spectrum as the domestic creature they represent, though if you would like to delete the hue code, Moms would look exactly like normal creatures, making players hunt a long time to find eggs.

Each Creature can now have the same KP Command. because of this new development, I am now going to put the different types of Domestics into one rar, with one KP command for the whole set. this mass conglomeration of scripts will be continually updated untill I am finnished adding to them and I take down the "I have every intention of submitting more releases once they've finished testing." line from the bottom of this post. because of this, please to not be discuraged by the low number of recorded views. there have been many more views than what is shown, I just keep re-uploading the files.

To innitiate breeding, double click a female creature you own. you may then target a male creature. if you own the male creature, the female will become pregnant. if you do not own the male creature a gump will appear for the owner of the male asking the owner if they are willing to allow you to breed with their male. after the female is pregnant, double clicking her will produce the offspring after the mating timers spesified delay. double clicking a pregnant female before the spesified time will generate a message "The (creature type) has not yet given birth" or "the (creature type) has not yet laid an egg". double clicking a female that has not yet reached a breedable growth stage will generate the message "this female (creature type) is not old enough to mate!"

What does this packet contain?

Domestic Animals includes the following:

Chicken
Cow
Hell Cat
Hell Hound
Panther
Rabbit (skittering hopper)
Rat (giant)
Spider (dread)
Toad (giant)
Wolf (dire)

Domestic Dragons includes:

Dragons
Drakes
White Dragons

Serpents
Lesser Serpents
White Serpents

*Though I based their power on ordinary ultima dragons, these dragons were based on the dragons from the Dragon Riders of Pern books.

With Pern dragons, Gold and Bronze dragons are the strongest, smartest and less dexterous. Gold is a female color, Bronze in a male color. Gold and bronze dragons are capable of producing eggs of All dragon types.

Blue brown and green dragons (drakes), are less strong, less intelligent, but more dexterous. Green is a female color while Brown and Blue are male colors. These dragons can produce eggs of brown blue and green.

White and silver have very little strength and intelligence, but Phenomenal Dexterity. These are the rarest of all dragons. They can produce eggs of brown, blue, green, white and silver. (I may have gone a little over board with the dexterity. please test this and make your own judgements before introducing it to your players)

Gold dragons give yellow scales. Bronze dragons give red scales. Green dragons give green scales. Blue dragons give blue scales. Brown dragons give blue scales. White dragons give white scales. Silver dragons give black scales.

Serpents are exactly the same as dragons except that serpents have different images and are capable of swimming as well as walking.

Domestic Phoenix includes:

The Phoenix (of course)

*little footnote on the phoenix. it doesnt breed. the -I believe it is greek- mythology of the phoenix is that there is only one of its kind, it lives for 500 years then incinerates itself, rising from the ashes more beautiful than ever, retaining the wisdom of each lifetime.

This phoenix is made to be extreamly hard to level up. it is not breedable but it does have an egg so you can add the egg to the loot of whatever you feel like adding it to..

The phoenix has 6 growth stages, once it reaches the 7th stage, a column of fire ingulfs it, it reverts back to the chick bodyvalue, it looses all its KP points, looses all of its skill points it earns the title "The Ancient Pheonix", Keeps all of the stat points it has earned, and begins the cycle all over again (isnt that so much better than the simple little 'legondary phoenix' from the original UO? ^_^ hehe!)

at every growth stage, the phoenix will drop Phoenix Tears, which cure poison.

when the phoenix goes up in smoke, it leaves behind phoenix ashes that do nothing. (I originally had elaborate plans to screw with the alchemy settings and make a new potion, but I never had very much ambition)

Domestic Mounts includes:

firesteed
horse
llama
nightmare
ostard
seahorse
silversteed
unicorn

Warning: Domestic Mounts are not actually mountable! I couldnt find any way to make a mountable evo except fo Xanthos' way, and I just dont like the way you can mount one of his even when its only first stage. maybe its because I've worked with real horses and know if you put something on the back of a foal you'll either maim it for life or kill the thing. Anyways.

Mounts are basicly the same as animals, except when you breed them you have a 50/50 chance of getting a Ridable offspring. if the new baby is ridable, the egg/basket will say "A Ridable (insert mount type)". when you hatch the egg/basket a fully grown, ready to ride, mount of that type will be delivered to you. the mount will automaticly be bonded and hued.

Samuri Empire Domestics includes:

Bake Kitsune
Gaman
Hiryu
Revenant Lion
Rune Beetle
Tsuke Wolf

These have all been thoroughly tested by myself on version 1.0. I have every intention of submitting more releases once they've finished testing.

Domestic Animal Traider
thanks to koluch I have worked out an animal trainer that will buy my domestic animals at the price of how much taming it requires to own the pet. hope you guys enjoy..

To Use These Scripts: just pull the folders out of the rar and drop them into your scripts folder. you can put them anywhere you want, so long as they're inside the scripts folder.

The "Domestic Creatures" pack contains all current domestic releases.

The 2.0 versions were translated by WolderlandADandC

Attachments

• DomesticCreatures 1.0.rar
    189.4 KB · Views: 370
  • DomesticCreatures 2.0.rar
    170 KB · Views: 673
  • domesticanimaltraider.cs
    6.4 KB · Views: 253
  • DomesticSerpentw.cs
    19.7 KB · Views: 113
  • DomesticDragonw.cs
    19.6 KB · Views: 127

jesse

Sorceror
Sorry

I am so sorry. I made a last stitch effort to try to simplyfy the scripts before making the release. I tried to fix it so that they could all use one KP command and one gump system. it didnt work. I thought I had put them back the way they were last night but apparently I didnt. I just noticed today.

the DomesticAnimals.rar should no longer contain errors. thank you for mentioning that.

off topic, today is my birthday! yay me!

jesse

Sorceror
alright, I just updated the DomesticDragon.rar so that now green dragon will give green scales while brown and blue dragons will give blue scales.

gold dragons have always given yellow scales, bronze dragons have always given red scales, white dragons give white scales and silver dragons give black scales.

if you kill a dragon you will recieve 2 scales of the apropriate color, unless the dragon is Ancient (6th growth stage). an Ancient dragon corps will have 10 scales.

in the little beta shard I was originally using to test out dragons, I had another creature to give players scales. in fact, I got that creature to give scales the same way sheep give whool.. I might sumbit that creature eventually, but I diegress. I wasnt sure I liked the idea of brown dragons giving blue scales, so I had left those dragons scaleless to give me a chance to think about it some more.. well, inevitably, I forgot about it. So, here it is, dragons with scales.

jesse

Sorceror
*cough* and now the serpents have all their scales too.

heh.. that should be it. they should be good to go now! .... right? heh.. heh.. yeah. sorry folks! just a little breach of confidence! there was never anything seriously wrong with the scripts, they just gathered a bit of dust sitting around without any attention.. its all good now! really!

Greetings. I tested this on my old 1.0 server and liked it.

so i have updated the scripts to work with 2.0

I hope thats ok, i also gave the scripts a little clean.

------------------------
Edit. i have now added the updated DomesticlSerpent you last posted about for 2.0

just put it into DomesticDragon 2.0\Dragon\Serpent\LesserSerpent

All the best

Attachments

• DomesticAnimals 2.0.rar
    56 KB · Views: 154
  • DomesticDragon 2.0.rar
    33.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DomesticlSerpent.cs
    19.9 KB · Views: 143

bb365

Wanderer
I love it. :) Thank you Jesse and thank you Wonderland. Now if anyone wants a dragon on my server they need eggs first. No more easy to get killing machines, they have to work for them. I left regular dragons and white wyrms but made them untamable and loaded the spawners with a 1 in 10 chance of spawning a breeding dragon(1 in 35 for a queen). Other reptiles I have made use a random chance of getting a egg as loot but I plan on modding those to breed as well. This is something I have been after for a long time but my scripting skills were preventing me from accomplishing it. MUCHO karma to both of you.:)

your welcome. as do i love this script i felt like it should be made for 2.0 for the people that dont have 1.0 im glad you like it as much as i like it.

and what you have done to the regular dragons is great.

all the best

jesse

Sorceror
thank you wonderland. I was feeling a little outdated releasing 1.0 scripts when everone is in the process of switching to 2.0, but I'm not in the swing of RunUO quite like I use to and dont have the gumption to learn a new system. I'll try to get the KP ammounts on the rest of my Domestics tested through (thats the time consuming part) so that they can be released relitively soon. hmm. would you like to have beta releases that are fully written out, but still need KP adjustments?

Yes well im will help as much as you would like. i can do the 2.0 updates. so you can still do the 1.0.

i still use 1.0 as my main server. but moving everything over to 2.0

let me know what you want to do.

All the best

jesse

Sorceror
ah, of course I have to do all the work myself as usual.. dont worry, the more I think about it, the more I know that most of the tweaking that needs doing is very subjective and cant really be done by anyone else.. *sigh* such is life. but all joking aside, I apreciate your translating them to 2.0 very much. I'll do my best to keep you busy.

jesse

Sorceror
of course, I mean for you to feel free to continue to release more 2.0 versions here. people do seem to apreciate them. dont be fooled by the view counters, theres been closer to 50 total downloads, I just re orginized the files so that the Domestic Animals would both be on top, and so on, which set the numbers back to 0. I should only need to rearange things to put 2.0 versions next to 1.0 versions, so most of them are in there for good now..

Well the new addons keep my busy for some time.

here is the 2.0 copys of DomesticPhoenix and DomesticMounts.

i will work on the riding parts. but you could ask the script Support.

all the best

Attachments

• DomesticMounts 2.0.rar
    58.8 KB · Views: 133
  • DomesticPhoenix 2.0.rar
    4.8 KB · Views: 119

Dramier

Wanderer
I'm looking forward to adding these to our little server, but I was curious as to the correct implementation...

Should these animals be treated as vendor sold animals, spawned animals just like normal spawned creatures, or...?

If you could just give a simple outlined example of how to implement these Domestic scripts properly it would be much appreciated! Thanks.

jesse

Sorceror
the creatures are fully capible of being introduced to your server in any way that you like. you can spawn them just like any other creature if you want to. you can sell them on vendors if you want to. when I was running my server (which no longer exists), I found out that when I spawned the baby dragons just like any other creature, alot of players ended up with pet baby dragons. that was ok for me, because I was testing the dragons at the time and some of the players pointed out minor things to me, like how I had forgotten to change one of the serpents sound values and little things like that. Which, of course, is how I know that the dragons/serpents all have the right details in them now.

if you want it to be easy for players to get a domestic creature, then spawn them. if you want to set it up so that anyone can get a domestic creature, but they have to work hard and save up money for it, then sell them on vendors. But. if you want to keep the Domestics as rare and valuable as possible, then add the creature mom to your spawners (the horsemom, panthermom, direwolfmom, ect). Then, if players want to find a domestic creature, they have to first find the "mom" creature. then they either have to tame or kill the mom creature. then, not all of the moms will have eggs in their backpacks, so they have to go on killing or taming the moms untill they find one with a domestic egg or basket in its backpack. then they have to train the domestic creature to an adult. then they have to either buy a domestic creature from another player, or go out and hunt "moms" again in order to find a domestic of the opposit gender. then they have to train That one up to an adult before they can start breeding and selling the offspring to other players. see how that would keep their value up?

jesse

Sorceror
the simplified version of all that would be, drag the folders our of the rar, drop them into your scripts folder (where ever you want, most people have a "custom scripts" folder, but that isnt required), add the "mom" creatures to spawners and let the players play.

Dramier

Wanderer
Thanks Jesse, you told me -exactly- what I needed to know.

Since I'm running a two player LAN shard, I will be wanting to put Mom spawners out rather than vendor sold or regular spawns..

Thanks for the complete explanation, I really appreciate it.

:)

jesse

Sorceror
please note that all domestic creatures now use one KP command. this command can be used side by side with any other KP command on your shard (including the original Domestic KP commands). the original KP commands are no longer a part of the Dometic Downloads and can safely be deleted from your scripts.