RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breedable Domestic Creatures

jesse

Sorceror
I have cleaned up the internal names inside all of the scripts so that there will be absolutely no chance of recieveing an error telling you that something else is already using that name. for example; instead if having a mating timer named "rmatingtimer" it is now named "DomesticRatMatingTimer". all internal names will contain the word "domestic" as well as the creature type, so no evolution creatures should have any problem running at the same time as a domestic creature. The packet named "Domestic Creatures" containes these clean-ups in all scripts.

(I will work on the KP and clean-up for the 2.0 versions as well.)

jesse

Sorceror
just giving a heads-up on whats up. I'm working on SE mobiles, wich will include 6 new domestics that use SE files. making and testing these things out take alot of time, and of course, not all of my time is devoted to UO, so I am sorry for those of you waiting for more. the scedual is, after SE will come the Mondain moblies, then I will finnish up a few "rare" domestics. the "rares" would be OSI creatures that are not normally tamable like pixies, demons, solens, ect. I'm doing those last because I take the responsibility of coming up with an apropriate taming requirement rather seriously, and that alone would slow down the creation process.

while working on the SE domestics, I noticed a minor inconsistancy. some of the creatures that are written in as 5 stage creatures, only have 4 working stages. this means that once one of these creatures reaches their final growth stage, they will stop gaining KP. now, I like the idea of being able to perade a pet around with a million or so KP on it so you can show your friends how long you've had your favorit pet. this issue is only cosmetic and will not affect gameplay in any other way. I'm a little curious how this could have gone overlooked by myself and my players for Years.

never the less, it is now fixed in the downloads.

jesse

Sorceror
I would like to let everyone know, in this last release, I changed the dragons damage type. they use to use the same damage types as the Ancient Wyrm, now they use the damage type for dragon (physical 100%).

huff. puff. there.. the SE creatures are released. fastest 6 domestics I ever came out with. dont expect any new domestics any time soon.

I did some more minor clean ups in the scripts. nothing thats really worth mentioning, just whatever I happened to see while going through them, like repetitive lines of code and such. nothing that would actually affect how the scripts run.

Emillio

Sorceror
Hi, a little late to all this, but how do you access the breeding part of this? i tried double clicking, putting an animal trainer, single clicking, using the admin to try to call up the gumps (they don't show in our admin gump list). It's probably very easy but im just missing some simple thing. I looked through scripts for an hour or so but it eludes me. if anyone knows, I appreciate it!

also - just to let you know - if you want it so the "ridiables" can be ridable at a certain age
kust modify their ondoubleclick method to do a check for their age
if true - base.OnDoubleClick
if false - message static so

then do not need the seperate breeding results with them

jesse

Sorceror
sorry I havent been online for a long time. the creatures breed by double clicking a female and targeting a male. I'll clarify that in the discription a little better. (double clicking a female will generate a targeting curser. double clicking a male will have no affect. hmm.. having the male generate a text message or someting would probably be a good idea. I'll look into that.)

jesse

Sorceror
little update. I am online again, but I havent been working with UO. I'll still answer questions and give support, but I'm not working on this now. I'll probably pick it up again later, as I do love these guys.. if anyone want to try modifying them by yourself, go ahread. the ridables do need to be worked out to be ridable. theres alot of things that could be smothed over, like making it obvious which are male and which are female.. ect.. I get email notifications of posts made, so I'll still get back to you in a timely fassion.

milva

Sorceror
Very nice package, would love to see the ridables [evo] so they could be ridable- players are always so disapointed when not able to. I'm just not sure how to go about doing this. Thanks so much for posting your package here :p

jesse

Sorceror
I am glad to see that Someone is enjoying them, even if my own shard never worked out. I could.. and Have (over the course of testing).. just spend hours playing with these guys and nothing else. heh. was kinda tempted to just find someone whos using them on their own shard and play there.. but I dont have the time anymore. and it wouldnt really be the same..

jesse

Sorceror
thanks to koluch I have worked out an animal trainer that will buy my domestic animals at the price of how much taming it requires to own the pet. hope you guys enjoy..

there is a possable way to make the males ridable, but I'm only a bungling scripter and dont really have the knowlage to do it right.. the problem is the females use the ondouble click for breeding..

Thagoras

Sorceror
I like this a lot. Good work.

Ranch Stuff.

Ranch Deed
Ranch Stone
Fencing Hammer
and fences/gates.

You will need to add these to your own vendors, however.

Ranch deed creates ranch stone infront of mobile. Can only be placed in housing region. Fences can only be set (made unmovable) within 10 squares of the ranch stone. Double click on the ranch stone and you get the fencing hammer. Hammer is needed to set the fences...or knock them free. The ranch stone is chopable (which will redeed it)...this will also unset the fences of that ranch...and delete the fencing hammer.

Attachments

• RanchStuff.cs
    13.2 KB · Views: 33

Sexy-Vampire

Sorceror
Thagoras;808634 said:
I like this a lot. Good work. I made something to go along with it. Um, it CAN be exploited, so be careful. Basically, it's a set of fences, gates and a fencing hammer. You place the fence/gate in your backpack. Double click it to claim ownership (so nobody else can pick it up while you're laying out your pasture). Then you place the fence/gate on the ground, double click on the fencinghammer, which 'drives the fence/gate' into the ground (or knocks it free). It turns it to movable=false or true. I just thought it would be nice to be able to make your own areas for your herd. I don't have many players, so fencing areas off is no big deal. Players should be given warning about this, that it may be deleted if it interferes with anything, but it can be placed anywhere currently (thus the exploit). The fences do say who owns them, so if anything goes wrong, you know who to track down...and maybe ban.
i see the explot say that a monster need to be with in 1 space to hit IE "ochimaru" and he hits hard more like 1- 500 a player hits fences and ranges him. Ie the explote. but if you can knoc the fenced down to whut if the player cleans up there fences . how would we the staff or owner figer out there doign this with out first hand seeing or geting a cam of them. ?

jesse

Sorceror
I just nerfed the white dragon and white serpent.. the dex was set insanely high. havent fully tested their play through growth though.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
I've been using this system for a while, and I want to say I absolutely love it. I know you put a lot of time into it, and I want to say thanks for that. Just figured I would post here before I started to re-work all of it.

So far I have found a few downfalls to the system. I don't like the fact that the pets get 4,000 ability points to spend when they're leveled up. I also don't see why each domestic has it's own script, compared to just having a main domestic class to derive them all from.

But the main thing I would like to see in this script, is generations. I was going to mod it, or most likely just end up re-writing it all. I know that the breeder in the game will handle generations and all of that non-sense, but I like the idea of being able to mate them like the evo dragons. Don't need another player to have the same kind of pet to breed them this way.

I'd just like to encourage people to breed their domestic pets, the more they breed them. The stronger the generations will get. I've even considered the possibility of cross-breeding certain pets, figured it would be a pretty cool new twist.

Also, just a minor question that's not really related to this script completely. Is there a way to over ride the NPC Info menu entry on the context menu on all pets? I don't want it being shown at all on the domestics, because when players view those gumps they just get very confused. Think that's the ex they are raising and the levels, ect.

Not sure if you still get on any more Jesse, but if you don't reply or get a hold of me after a while. I'm just going to assume that you don't mind. I'd really like to overhaul this system for my shard, the players seem to like it. But they all also seem to have suggestions on how to make it better.

If anyone else has any ideas for this system, or a re-write. I'm open ears. =D

jesse

Sorceror
have at it, I'm all for continualy improving scripts. I only did this to the best of my abilities, there are lots of other ideas I have that I dont really have the ability to make come to pass. I am curious to see what you have to contribute to these scripts. feel free to keep us informed

jesse

Sorceror
btw, you Can breed domestics that you own to eachother. it will warn you that you may be flagged as a criminal for it, but it never flags you. the question is do you have enough follower points to own a male and female yourself. I have been playing around myself for many years with herds of one male and many females with things like horses, ect. I love using Xanthos Shrink System with these scripts as it allows you to stock pile domestics and sell them on vendors after they have been trained. its true I have taken a long break from UO but it is still in my thoughts from time to time.

I use to have goals of making rare domestics such as enslaved pixies (with the male evolving into an astreal servant, both starting as a whisp), enslaved demons (with the females being a succubus), domestic ant people (forgot their name), domestic ophilians, domestic spider people... I do have what I could put together for the SE domestics, bt I just havent had the time to fully test them. I also gave up on trying to make ridables from the evo dragon script and went to use Xanthos Ridable Evo scripts for the ridables, but again, havent had the time to traslate my scripts into his.

I dont know when I'll really be able to get back to any of this, so if you can run with it, please do

jesse

Sorceror
I just realized that I never mentioned the fine tuning I put into Harvesting meats, leather and feathers from these creatures. the animals are set up so that a baby dragon will NOT give scales, you cannot pluck feathers from a little yellow fluff ball chick and calvs will not get you the full quantity of steak or leather. instead you have to train the animall till they are adult image value before you can get a full harvest.

only adult animals give a full quantity of feathers, meat, leather or scales. also adult chickens have a 50/50 chance of producing a non firtal (cookable) egg when they are bred, giving you and your players fun reasons to putting your tme in to collecting good harvests.