RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Client versions, UO expansions and RunUO releases

mordredrs

Sorceror
Thx for the great work nerun!
I have another question, where do i get the revisions changes of runuo?
I believe we are at revision 513 atm and i'd like to see what've changed.
Thx

matchstick

Sorceror
I have a quick question, and this seems to be a related thread.

I play on 2 servers. One is still using runuo v1 I believe and works fine with a client patched up to 6.0.0.0. I also play on another that uses runuo 2, and will work fine on the 6.0.0.0 patch, but I cant see some structures and mobs. I tried patching up to see if I could find a happy medium, but at 6.0.1.9 the first server freezes on log in, and the second still doen't show some artwork. I was to told to patch up to 7.0.0.0 on the second server, and that that patch would work fine with the artwork.

Ok, so my question is...Is there some way to have 2 different versions of the client installed and have connectuo pick the version on launch depending on the shard?

This may be better suited on the connectuo forums, but since I was here I thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Lokai

Knight
You can install in two separate folders, but not sure about ConnectUO launching one or the other.

matchstick;839914 said:
I have a quick question, and this seems to be a related thread.

I play on 2 servers. One is still using runuo v1 I believe and works fine with a client patched up to 6.0.0.0. I also play on another that uses runuo 2, and will work fine on the 6.0.0.0 patch, but I cant see some structures and mobs. I tried patching up to see if I could find a happy medium, but at 6.0.1.9 the first server freezes on log in, and the second still doen't show some artwork. I was to told to patch up to 7.0.0.0 on the second server, and that that patch would work fine with the artwork.

Ok, so my question is...Is there some way to have 2 different versions of the client installed and have connectuo pick the version on launch depending on the shard?

This may be better suited on the connectuo forums, but since I was here I thought I'd ask.

Thanks

can use razor to lauch to each of them using seperate directories for UO (not razor lol)

in razor you can pic which directory to launch from when using it
(plus set the ip and ports)

it is just with using razor vs CUO you need to manualy patch the UO directory for that shard

so in this case i suggest 4 directories

1) clean install patched to 5.0.9.1 (i believe that is probably the patch you want, if not 6.0.0.0)
2) clean install patched to 7.0.1
3) copy of #1 named "my 5.0.9.1 UO" patched with that shards files
4) copy of #2 named "my 7.0.1.0 UO" patched with that shards files
(replace the "my x.x.x.x UO" with the shards name)

this way you have origional directories still intact incase you need to switch to a different server and their patches

matchstick

Sorceror
Thanks I'll look into that greywolf. I have the 6.0.0.0 folder zipped up, and im patching up UO now to see what I can do. I may just have to ditch connectuo and use razor.

Thanks again.

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
I'd have to agree Stygian Stalker; despite his post being made several months ago.

I have avidly searched these forums for well over 12 hours for information on any playable clients, that are compatible with RunUO 2.0 Final.. I've heard 2.0 RC1 and RC2 aren't nearly as dependable as 2.0 Final.

I currently have Version 2.0, Build 3567.2838, and am currently using the ML client, sitting at patch 6.0.0.0

Initially I used the SA client, patched all the way up to 7.0.6 or 7.0.7; not sure. I was having issues with every time I logged off and logged back in, my character would be "under ground". I could try using [tele or [go, and nothing would affect it. Now that I've downloaded ML and patched to 6.0.0.0, I don't seem to have that issue; but I've heard it is possible to patch all the way up to the 7-series patches without any issues. I'd like to do that in order to use some of the newer KR and SA features and items; but I'd need some info on whether or not this is safe to do.

Like I said above; I've not managed to find anything with some clarification on RunUO 2.0 Final. Any advice/tips/etc would be immensely appreciated.

moneo

Sorceror
RETAIL AND DOWNLOAD CLIENT VERSIONS

This is a list of client versions from Pressed retail CD's over the years. I own these disks and have verified them personally. List may be useful for anyone looking for an old client.

Please note in some cases the pressed client is slightly lower patch than the UO publish, EG the Renaissance CDs were pressed with 1.26.4i, in march 2000. However Renaissance did not go live until 2.0.0 in April 2000

I will update this post as i check the disks.

RETAIL BOXES
UO First release UK (big box with lapel pin and cloth map) - CLIENT UNVERIFIED
T2A upgrade disk (shipped by UO.com T2A_US_UPG_114B) CLIENT 1.25.35
T2A UK box (with cloth map and playguide) - - CLIENT 1.25.37
Renaisance UK white box - CLIENT 1.26.4i
3rd Dawn Upgrade (disk only - shipped by UO.com) - CLIENT UNVERIFIED
Lord Blackthorns Revenge UK retail DVD case with Todd Mcfarlane comic - CLIENT 2d+3d 3.07a
Age of Shadows UK retail DVD case - 2d/3d CLIENT UNVERIFIED
7th Anniversary retail USA BOX with Ultima 9 CLIENT 2d/3d 4.0.2a patch21, 3d patch22
Samurai Empire UK DVD case and USA box - CLIENT 2d/3d 4.04t
8th age UK DVD case (2cd) - CLIENT 2d/3d 4.0.11c patch 1
9th Anniversary Retail DVD case (2 cd) - CLIENT 2d/3d 5.0.4d patch 25

NOTES
T2A upgrade disk T2A_US_UPG_114B contains the UO DEMO. This was not included in UK retail
3rd dawn upgrade introduced 3d models and particles and the 3rd dawn client.
General midi music was removed after the 7th anniversary edition.

OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD CLIENTS
uoaos_july_03.exe - Gigex release - Age of shadows - Client 2d/3d 4.0.0 UNVERIFIED
uoml_setup.exe July 18 2005 Mondains Legacy CLIENT 2d/3d 4.0.11c patch 0
setup-1.46.0.3.exe (EA ftp site) CLIENT 2d 6.0.1.10 patch 72
UOClassicSetup_7_0_10_3.exe 2d
UOClassicSetup_7_0_15_1.exe 2d

Lokai

Knight
nerun, I have a question about this.

28.04.2004 - RunUO 1.0 RC0

02.11.2004 - [4.0.5a to 4.0.11c] - Samurai Empire (Tokuno, new classes Samurai / Ninja)

21.01.2005 - RunUO 1.0 Final

30-08-2005 - [4.0.11d to 5.0.9.1] - Mondain's Legacy (new race Elves, spellweaving, new dungeons)

14-06-2006 - Creation of SVN repository. Starts at SVN 2.

16-06-2006 - RunUO 2.0 RC1 (~SVN 27)

27-06-2007 - [6.0.0.0 to 6.0.14.3] - Kingdom's Reborn (new client, new graphics, essentially new game)

07-02-2008 - [6.0.5.0] - RunUO 2.0 RC2 (=SVN 285)

08-09-2009 - [6.0.14.4 to 7.0.8.2] - Stygian Abyss (new client, new race Gargoyles, new places, removed support for UO:KR)

07-10-2009 - RunUO 2.0 Final (=SVN 399)

09-12-2010 - [7.0.9.x to 7.0.11.3] - RunUO 2.1 (=SVN 605)

12-10-2010 - [>=7.0.9.0] - High Seas (sea stuff, new ships, sea markets, pirates etc)

14-09-2011 - [7.0.18.0] - RunUO 2.2 (=SVN 752)

I am thinking about doing more testing, and trying out different versions.

I have patched my earliest UO to 6.0.14.3. I was thinking that it would work with RC2, but it does not. Evidently I need 6.0.5.0 or less. Here is what I want to know: what would be the best UO versions to patch up to for each major RunUO release? For example:

RunUO 1.0 RC0 -- patch UO to 4.?.?
RunUO 1.0 Final -- patch UO to 4.0.11c?
RunUO 2.0 RC1 -- patch UO to 5.0.9.1?
RunUO 2.0 RC2 -- patch UO to 6.0.5.0?
RunUO 2.0 Final -- patch UO to 7.0.8.2?
RunUO 2.1 (v605)-- patch UO to 7.0.11.3?
RunUO 2.2 (v752) -- patch UO to 7.0.18?
RunUO SVN Latest -- patch UO to ?

Once we have this list to where each one works (ie. does not freeze/disconnect client on login, etc.) I would like to see it made a sticky because this is hard to figure out.

Thanks.

moneo

Sorceror
I have patched my earliest UO to 6.0.14.3. I was thinking that it would work with RC2, but it does not. Evidently I need 6.0.5.0 or less.
Thanks.

Might want to look at the client patches dates on UO guide. its a great help.
http://www.uoguide.com/List_of_Classic_Client_Patches

RunUO tends to support the latest client at time of release, so for instance you mentioned:
6.0.14.3 , Released September 3rd 2009.

RC2 was released Feb 7th 2008 , at around the same time as 6.0.6.0. So its fair to assume it it only supports upto that version ( or slightly lower eg 6.0.5.0).

Runuo 2.0 final was released october 2009, just a month later than 6.0.14.3, so you might want to try that client with 2.0 final, or try patching upto around 7.0.0.4 (sep 23 2009).

nerun

Sorceror
nerun, I have a question about this.

I am thinking about doing more testing, and trying out different versions.

I have patched my earliest UO to 6.0.14.3. I was thinking that it would work with RC2, but it does not. Evidently I need 6.0.5.0 or less. Here is what I want to know: what would be the best UO versions to patch up to for each major RunUO release? For example:

RunUO 1.0 RC0 -- patch UO to 4.?.?
RunUO 1.0 Final -- patch UO to 4.0.11c?
RunUO 2.0 RC1 -- patch UO to 5.0.9.1?
RunUO 2.0 RC2 -- patch UO to 6.0.5.0?
RunUO 2.0 Final -- patch UO to 7.0.8.2?
RunUO 2.1 (v605)-- patch UO to 7.0.11.3?
RunUO 2.2 (v752) -- patch UO to 7.0.18?
RunUO SVN Latest -- patch UO to ?

Once we have this list to where each one works (ie. does not freeze/disconnect client on login, etc.) I would like to see it made a sticky because this is hard to figure out.

Thanks.

Do like Moneo explained above. Your list appear to be quite accurate.

nerun

Sorceror
Old Magincia, Magincia ruins and New Magincia

This was a Halloween event in OSI official shards. It begins in 18-Oct-2007 with patch 6.0.4.0, when Magincia was completely bulldozed.

From patch 6.0.4.0 up to patch 7.0.13.0 (reference) the town of Old Magincia remained in ruins.

In patch 7.0.13.1 New Magincia was built.

Old Magincia [Client <= 6.0.3.1]

Magincia Ruins [6.0.4.0 <= Client <= 7.0.13.0]

New Magincia [Client >= 7.0.13.1]

New Magincia is one of the Cities & Towns of Ultima Online and the successor of the city of Magincia that is destroyed by demons during the Warriors of Destiny event cycle. It is on an island, and is accessible via Moongate or boat travel.
Depending on whom and when you ask, the city represents the Virtue of Humility or the Sin of Pride (Humility's evil opposite).
During the Fall of 2007, Magincia was attacked by demons as part of the Warriors of Destiny event cycle, following the traditional Ultima lore which holds that the city is to be destroyed for its Pride.
On most of the major populated shards, the invasion was defeated the week of December 2, 2007, though the city was largely laid waste and ruined almost entirely. Pieces of it are available as items called rubble and are used by some as decoration.

fuzzydice

Wanderer
Disabling AOS

Open \Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs

Find line:
Code:
private const bool Enabled = true;

Change to:
Code:
private const bool Enabled = [COLOR="Blue"]false[/COLOR];

This may be a stupid question but I'll risk it. I have a fresh copy of RunUO 2.1, build 4272.35047 and I want to disable AOS. I opened aos.cs but could not find the line you are refering to. Does your advice only apply to older builds? If so is there a way to do it on my build or should I just download an older version. Thanks.

nerun

Sorceror
This may be a stupid question but I'll risk it. I have a fresh copy of RunUO 2.1, build 4272.35047 and I want to disable AOS. I opened aos.cs but could not find the line you are refering to. Does your advice only apply to older builds? If so is there a way to do it on my build or should I just download an older version. Thanks.

Yes ;) and i don't know :confused: .

timginter

Sorceror
Huge thanks for this topic!

Aren't Stygian Abyss clients up to 7.0.23.1? When running a shard on that version, shouldn't the expansion be set to "Expansion.SA" instead of High Seas?

Vorspire

Knight
I don't think it really matters, the Expansion.HS flag is pretty much an alias of Expansion.SA, sharing the same value by assignment with no obvious added flags for support, other than maybe the Publish 81 extended status update, but support for that seems to be determined by the NetStates' client version rather than server expansion.